• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tomo (5th) is my op

finding it really hard today mood wise, due to looking at the scales this morning and it said i had put on 1lb i know weight can change in the day but how the hell do i put on 1lb, i've been so good now im thinking that they will cancel my opdue to my liver now shrinking, someone smack me please :(

it's not easy but don't get upset and spoil it x if you've been eating the correct things then the fat will disappear from your liver and it will be easier for them to move out of the way , don't keep checking the scales put them away , good luck and don't give up now you've come this far xx

Don't check your scales - put them far far away! If you are doing all you have been instructed to do by your team, that is all you can do. Your mood will be up and down in any case due to the diet, don't add to it by weighing and worrying about it.

I am sure if you are following your pre op, there should be no reason why your liver won't shrink.

Keep on being strong!

Leila x

thank you, still been good today sticking to my diet but trying to get these bad feelings away hubby has hide the scales again but i cant help it i must go on the 5/6 times a day i have tried everything not to do this but its habbit now, i have had councilling to try and find out why i do what i do, i think its down to a life time of dieting

It's something you will need to look at changing when you have your op, as our weight fluctuates day by day, and what you see on the scales daily may not be anything like a weekly weigh in.

If it is too hard, don't have scales in the house, go to weigh at Boots, leisure Centre etc so it is somewhere outside the house and just once a week.

All of our operations are about food, of course they are, but they are most importantly about changing the behaviours associated with our eating that are unhealthy, harmful, obsessive and destructive. Think hard about how you can change this, or you will tie yourself up in knots, and you want to be successful with your sleeve.

Leila xx

How are you feeling today? sorry was not around much yesterday so didn't see your post.

I found yesterday hard, but it was "head hunger" not physical hunger thats for sure. I just worked on the basis that unless my tummy was rumbling nothing was going in - if it was then it was a yogurt or milk.

Step away from the scales - this is not about weight loss at this stage, its all about the liver shrinkage

Thinking of you

xxx

It's something you will need to look at changing when you have your op, as our weight fluctuates day by day, and what you see on the scales daily may not be anything like a weekly weigh in.

If it is too hard, don't have scales in the house, go to weigh at Boots, leisure Centre etc so it is somewhere outside the house and just once a week.

All of our operations are about food, of course they are, but they are most importantly about changing the behaviours associated with our eating that are unhealthy, harmful, obsessive and destructive. Think hard about how you can change this, or you will tie yourself up in knots, and you want to be successful with your sleeve.

Leila xx

So so true. And people have gone the other direction in terms of eating disorders because of this

i've tried really hard to stay away from the scales today finding it tough, finding the diet ok just very bored with it the same thing all the time but im not thinking of food all day and night which is good.

im very positive about my op and wanting it to work.

only a few days to go now, i have to be in hospital for 7am so will have to leave at 5am the nerves are starting to come.

i have written the letters to my kids, hubby and my mum it was the hardest thing i have ever ever done, i had no idea what to write and say im 99.9% sure everything will ok to plan but theres that 0.1% im scared to death, hope someone will understand how im feeling

love emma xx

i've tried really hard to stay away from the scales today finding it tough, finding the diet ok just very bored with it the same thing all the time but im not thinking of food all day and night which is good.

im very positive about my op and wanting it to work.

only a few days to go now, i have to be in hospital for 7am so will have to leave at 5am the nerves are starting to come.

i have written the letters to my kids, hubby and my mum it was the hardest thing i have ever ever done, i had no idea what to write and say im 99.9% sure everything will ok to plan but theres that 0.1% im scared to death, hope someone will understand how im feeling

love emma xx

I totally understand where you're coming from hun, I was petrified too, seriously emotional as well. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine - all the best hun xx

thanks hun, my last weekend untill my op its come round so so fast, couldn't sleep last night was thinking how different my life is going to be for the better then the nerves came in again and started to think how will i say goodbye to my kids if its the last time, i feel like im going mad

thanks hun, my last weekend untill my op its come round so so fast, couldn't sleep last night was thinking how different my life is going to be for the better then the nerves came in again and started to think how will i say goodbye to my kids if its the last time, i feel like im going mad

Time has flown by! Your not going mad, I think it is natural. I had to take my daughter to school the day of the surgery and although inside I was a mess, on the outside in front of my little girl I was as cool as a cucumber and I made sure she was as happy as can be, we were laughing and joking around (more than usual) it was lovely. How are you finding the pre op diet? xx

thanks, im finding the pre op diet fine now, not craving my "bad" foods sticking to the letter of the diet, which i have never been able to do.

how are you finding having the sleeve as thats what im due to have on "omg" wednesday ???.

I know what you mean about being calm for the kids, my youngest is 5, then 12 then 18 so i have tried to be calm for all of them, but i know on here this site people wont judge me or say im being silly which is what i love.

emma x

thanks, im finding the pre op diet fine now, not craving my "bad" foods sticking to the letter of the diet, which i have never been able to do.

how are you finding having the sleeve as thats what im due to have on "omg" wednesday ???.

I know what you mean about being calm for the kids, my youngest is 5, then 12 then 18 so i have tried to be calm for all of them, but i know on here this site people wont judge me or say im being silly which is what i love.

emma x

Glad the pre op diet is going well hun.

I struggled at first with the sleeve, however, now (8 days post op) I feel more normal, starting to get more liquids in - still need more though, I'm eating a little more soup. The thing that is getting to me right now is the head hunger and because it's the weekend I would usually be going out for meals etc with my family.

I love this site for that reason too hun, the support is great especially as the people around us don't know how we're feeling etc. xx

glad your feeling abit better now, i was reading your diary on here, you had a hard time didn't you.

im feeling the head hunger tonight thinkits cause its weekend and i haven't got my youngest 2 kids here to keep me busy there staying out, so trying to keep drinking and think im going to bed soon x

glad your feeling abit better now, i was reading your diary on here, you had a hard time didn't you.

im feeling the head hunger tonight thinkits cause its weekend and i haven't got my youngest 2 kids here to keep me busy there staying out, so trying to keep drinking and think im going to bed soon x

Sometimes going to bed is the only way to curb a craving lol :) x

Hi guys,

I hated being on the Liver Reduction Diet (LRD), it sucked big time. My diet consisted of bacon and eggs, a sandwich and boiled chicken and vegetables. The health trainers, dietician's and my family kept up the support I needed to keep going. It's important that we are all doing/done this for a means to an end and that is to get surgery, it's the last lap of the journey. I think people who struggle with there weight also carry low self esteem for a lot of different reasons, I know I certainly do and it was worse on the LRD, although it is getting better now I'm out the other side. Support is so important from loved ones and/or your Bariatric team through out the whole journey. Otherwise the whole experience can be a scary and lonely process. Al Pacino in the film Any Given Sunday said "Life is a game of inches". Break everything down into daily chunks till you get to finish line.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

it can be very lonely with support, sometimes my hubby didn't help things but my mum has been there 1000% behind me.

only 2 full days left the nerve are defo here now, couldn't sleep last night just ley there thinking, cant wait for the op to come now, im so bored of eggs and salad now.

im drinking lots of juice and water limited my coffee intake due to only allowed 1/3pint of milk.

does it sound weird that im looking forward to having soup??

does it sound weird that im looking forward to having soup??

No not at all, soup will become your best friend post op, I don't know what I would of done without soup myself. Good luck for your op in a couple of days :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Wow Emma not long!
Keep going with the pre-op I know it's hard but worth it, it will change your life in so many small and big ways.

I am on day 8 and really struggling today, had a birthday party yesterday and sleepovers so that meant cooked breakfasts, birthday cake!
I had my sugar free jelly and fruit instead!

Good luck :)

x

You are doing great - only a couple more days to go.

Keep strong

Justine x

Back