• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Survived my first day!!

FeeBee

Good luck @Reenary :)
I've had 2 sections and multiple other surgeries including brain. They struggled to get my pain under control to start with for reasons related to my specific situation but even with that I was surprised by how much better I felt each day though, like 100% better than the previous day and within a couple of days I was tired and a bit uncomfortable but felt loads better than I did at that point after a section. Some people have no real discomfort at all too. My best advice is keep taking deep breathes when you can and keep your eyes firmly on your goal. It's worth it and so are you x

Reenary

Hi everyone,

So I had my surgery on wed and they said all went perfectly. Cobham clinic were brilliant and they looked after me really well.

I'm really struggling drinking, even all thr soluble meds. Because of that I'm only taking one painkiller (tramadol) at night and I'm coping during the day. Today I've only had 1l to drink and a few spoons of tomato soup. Is this normal? It's more than yesterday. I was still being sick yesterday especially with meds.

Should I ring them and tell them or do you build up to the recommended 1.5l and liquid meals?

Thanks in advance. X

Laaux

Hi everyone,

So I had my surgery on wed and they said all went perfectly. Cobham clinic were brilliant and they looked after me really well.

I'm really struggling drinking, even all thr soluble meds. Because of that I'm only taking one painkiller (tramadol) at night and I'm coping during the day. Today I've only had 1l to drink and a few spoons of tomato soup. Is this normal? It's more than yesterday. I was still being sick yesterday especially with meds.

Should I ring them and tell them or do you build up to the recommended 1.5l and liquid meals?

Thanks in advance. X

Hi @Reenary I can't see what surgery you've had but I had the Sleeve and the first few weeks out is a real struggle to get all your fluids and meals in. The first week out I was barely managing 750ml so at 1L your doing fab. I'm 2 months post op today and I still only manage 1.5L pure water and make the rest up with milk/Horlicks light etc so I'd say your doing great, relax and let yourself heal! :)

Reenary

Hi @Reenary I can't see what surgery you've had but I had the Sleeve and the first few weeks out is a real struggle to get all your fluids and meals in. The first week out I was barely managing 750ml so at 1L your doing fab. I'm 2 months post op today and I still only manage 1.5L pure water and make the rest up with milk/Horlicks light etc so I'd say your doing great, relax and let yourself heal! :)

Hi,
I had the sleeve. Thank you for that as it makes me feel better. I was worried I was expected to have all that liquid straight away. I'm feeling much better today. I've managed some milk and had some water. I've even made myself a cuppa soup so I must be feeling a bit better!

I'm back at work on Friday so I really hope I'll be ok! X

Laaux

Hi,
I had the sleeve. Thank you for that as it makes me feel better. I was worried I was expected to have all that liquid straight away. I'm feeling much better today. I've managed some milk and had some water. I've even made myself a cuppa soup so I must be feeling a bit better!

I'm back at work on Friday so I really hope I'll be ok! X

I'm glad your feeling better today! In my experience I felt better each day and made small steps back to normality each day, time will fly and you'll be 100% again before you know it.
I had 3 weeks off work so your doing amazingly well! X

TiaLi

1 litre is a whole lot more than I could manage so soon afterwards! If, as you say, your intake is gradually increasing I wouldn't worry.

Hannah2

I had bypass but I certainly didn't get 1 litre in. Just keep sip sip sipping - I had a soppy cup permanently attached to my mouth! Lol!

Also keep an eye on your urine, if it is still light yellow then you are doing fine.

It will get easier to sip more even though it doesn't feel like it.

Take care going back to work so soon! I had 7 weeks off! (Although bypass not sleeve).

SAM55

I had a sleeve and struggled to get all the fluid in for a while. Dietitian when asked said it was normal (shame she didn't tell me before hand).

Sounds a bit early to be going back to work (is it less than 2 weeks?) - you may want to revisit that as you will still be very tired, both from anaesthetic and also from lack of nourishment. It is also hard to manage your intake when preoccupied with other things.

Reenary

Hey,

Thanks, yes I know it's early, but actually now I feel fine. I'm eating 3 'meals' and having snacks. Not quite managing all the extra liquid, but will get there.

I'm only working a half day. I only do 2 half days a week supply teaching work and can't really not go in.

The stages of food intake are different on mine than on here. Mine is full liquid for 3 weeks and the to soft foods for 4 weeks. I'm really struggling with the liquid in finding things I like. I'm not a fan of soups or smoothies so it's really hard, so I'm wondering if at 2 weeks I could do purees? Xx

SAM55

You would need to ask your team. Every team has their own way of doing things and it would be very risky for any forum members to advise you otherwise.

I'm afraid hard is what this is, certainly in the very early days...

Sunshine99

Thank you! You have put things in perspective! It's not for weigh loss but for my liver to shrink.

One thing I forgot t say is I'm really suffering with insomnia! The same thing happened when I went on a detox in jan and cut out gluten, sugar and carbs. I find it so interesting the effects different foods have. Has anyone got any tips on getting me sleeping or does it pass? Been really bad the last 2 nights. Xx
I also found sleeping a problem on the LSD, which is strange, As I'm normally the other way....sleep too much ( with having sleep apnea) .
I've not really found a solution yet. As , I'l have to go through it all again soon.....due to my op been cancelled on day.
Think I've just accepted this is just the process ...and if I don't sleep....i don't sleep, ...And, just hope everything corrects itself in time.
That said, I don't work....so it's easier for me to accept if I don't get to sleep.
Suppose it's a different story if you have to work.
Hope you find a solution. Good Luck x