• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TrendyWendy's Pre & Post Op Diary

Thanks Chrissy
Oh they love coming shopping
But think I pay too lol
My eldest sons happily married and I'll be a grandma at the end November
Think I'll find proper food easier than the purée
Chewing slows it down
X

Hey there :) seems like it's busy busy round your way!

I'm good thanks, settled back into life and enjoying watching the scales go down. About 2lbs a week, slow but steady. Am dusting off my Wii Fit!

Punkie is good too, she's back at work and v busy.

Congrats on becoming a nana, exciting times xx

Thanks flora ell
Glad you n pinkie are doing well
I went back to work to an all day meeting . My trouser waistband has rubbed where my drain was so not going in for few days til it heals
You can imagine the lecture on its too early from hubby
So bit more rest for me
On a plus side I drank lots water yesterday

Friday weigh in and 2lbs off, making my total from starting pre op diet 2 stone bang on.
I am back at work and had week one of puree, and keep missing the morning and afternoon snacks. Eaten pureed bought soup and not drunk enough water either most days. But it's like a bag of sugar of fat and it's off, and people are beginning to notice which is nice.
Some of my team know what I have had done and are dead interested and supportive.
I need to eat better puree next week, high protein yoghurts seem to be my saviour and I should remember to shake up an exante as a protein shake
On a plus side, I feel good, my fit bit has arrived and this weekend I shall try and get my head around working it and meeting a friend mon evening for a power walk, ramping up the excercise from next week then next friday its proper food. Bring on the fish
If anyone has a good daily eating plan for the puree phase I am all ears

Well feeling good, met my friend and we did a good walk, much was uphill, I am so not fit, but will get there. Felt quite good as my job isn't active, so only 1 lit up on fit bit but walk made it 4 so good on me. Chicken casserole in slow cooker this morning (organised for me) so pureed that and it was delicious, my girls ate it too.
Lunch was smoked mackerel pate on a sainsburys crispbake, which taste way nicer than the belgian ones I finished off. breakfast was weetabix, BM indicated I needed some fibre and I managed an afternoon high protein yoghurt so not a bad day today.
Walking again tomorrow, up the steep hill, a down side to where I live, 2nd gear hills in every direction. 4 more days to my salmon steak
Potato hash tomorrow for tea, cottage cheese for lunch with a crispbake and weetabix brekkie, I am also going to start counting grams of protein and calories.
Does anyone know the daily calorie intake we should be aiming for?

Good that you are going walking, exercise is probably the biggest change I have made since surgery.
Don't overdo it Wendy, but push yourself just that little bit farther every day.
Its amazing how well you feel so soon after surgery isn't it, keep up the good work.

Absolutely, I think not eating all the crap I probably ate before contributes as well, what bit I am eating is pure goodness.
My knees are shot, had 3 cartledge ops so no running for me but walking is just as god I believe so will stick at it and on the nights I don't walk, I will get on the exercise bike, and hopefully my fitness will return, (I was once) lol

Friday weigh in and 3 lbs off so I am happy with that, 2st 3 lbs off now since 31st aug when I started pre op. Getting compliments at work too, which feels good, the ones who know are amazed. I am sp glad I did this.
I have also reached the end of the puree phase and am looking forward to trying some salmon with asparagus.
In the past, I have had 3 cartledge knee ops, 2 on 1 knee and 1 on the other, started aged 30. My first walk was uphill and I think it was a bit much as I didn't sleep 2 nights after so have rested it up, but will be back doing this weekend
Busy weekend coming up, daughters and husbands birthday mon tues, so out for a meal sat, then we have a night in Harrogate, me and himself thurs fri of next week, so this will be a test. I shall be the designated driver coming back from Mcr sat night. It will also be a test on eating out, I intend to be very careful
Anyways, happy lady this morning :)

Friday weigh in and 3 lbs off so I am happy with that, 2st 3 lbs off now since 31st aug when I started pre op. Getting compliments at work too, which feels good, the ones who know are amazed. I am sp glad I did this.
I have also reached the end of the puree phase and am looking forward to trying some salmon with asparagus.
In the past, I have had 3 cartledge knee ops, 2 on 1 knee and 1 on the other, started aged 30. My first walk was uphill and I think it was a bit much as I didn't sleep 2 nights after so have rested it up, but will be back doing this weekend
Busy weekend coming up, daughters and husbands birthday mon tues, so out for a meal sat, then we have a night in Harrogate, me and himself thurs fri of next week, so this will be a test. I shall be the designated driver coming back from Mcr sat night. It will also be a test on eating out, I intend to be very careful

Fantastic Wendy, so pleased for you :)

Thanks Squirl, you're not too far behind, enjoy the liquids lol
I also have my bloods again on wednesday so will see if there's been a change on the inside too, hoping cholesterol has reduced as well, I'll update when I get the results, my BMI is no longer in the red zone on the ap on my phone, I'm into orange yay!
Hope you doing OK xx

Forgot to mention, I was in adds yesterday and got high protein soup4 flavours
It's called Souter in a little box
In 390g box there's 19.8g protein 310 cals
1.1g sat fat
Trying today for lunch

Thanks Squirl, you're not too far behind, enjoy the liquids lol
I also have my bloods again on wednesday so will see if there's been a change on the inside too, hoping cholesterol has reduced as well, I'll update when I get the results, my BMI is no longer in the red zone on the ap on my phone, I'm into orange yay!
Hope you doing OK xx

All good news! Bart will be round this afternoon so hopefully going out for a Chinese (soup for me) this evening. Just got back from a stroll by the canal taking some photos so having lunch soon. You're doing so well, a real inspiration :)

it's great when you start seeing the results, really well done Wendy.

Thanks both of you
The souper not Souter blooming predictive text was lovely
Can recommend it
Also poached salmon with a knife and fork was gorgeous mmm

Salmon is my favourite food now, 3 time a week at the moment, mmmm might need to think of some variety, lol

I've got a freezer full of fish, I seemed to be lucky in Tesco on the reduced section, got pouting, mackerel, salmon and fish pie mix.
I have also bought a pressure cooker off the TV tristar shopping channel, it does allsorts, even a slow cooker and according to the american chef demonstrating it makes meat dead tender, not used it yet but think it will have a roast done in it this weekend. I am such a sucker for a kitchen gadget, but I love the slow cooker and this does amazing things, we shall see. Only £80 and the scary ones that hiss on the hob are the same price, this one is electric, so hope it is good and makes really tender meat.

Weigh in a day early as wer're off to Harrogate for a night for hubs birthday
I'm very happy - 5lbs off

fantastic loss Wendy, enjoy Harrogate

Thanks loop, only ever driven through before so am looking forwards to it and there's an antique fair on too so Mr Bargain Hunt will love that
Also been promised a shopping spree for some new clothes, yipee

Lovely day in Harrogate
3 new tops bought from river island sale and next
Size 16 nice fit
Seems only moments ago 18 was tight
Kept seeing my reflection and being surprised
Great feeling?

Back