• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TrendyWendy's Pre & Post Op Diary

Back from Harrogate 2 days walking round
Had glass rose wine which was nice and lasted a good hr
Chose grilled plaice ate half and 3 asparagus tips and a new potato
Hubs polished off the rest
Ate too quick and got that water building in mouth feeling as though I was going to be sick
Went to loo but wasn't sick
Got to learn slower eating, I chew well but prob too fast when not at home
Walked miles round hardwood house today which was lovely
Shattered now
Got some protein shakes choc and strawberry now £1-50 on way home
Feet up time before trying beef casserole in new fancy fancy electric pressure Cooker which is supposed to make it tender as
We shall see

certainly is horrible, got it right now although it is subsiding just a little

Oh I'm glad it's not just me
I find eating with others is worse as it kind of makes me not eat slowly enough, when I am on my own I am slower
suppose after a few incidents we will learn

Had bloods results on monday and the good news is no diabetes. So that's good that that scare is no more.
I have to have them repeated in 4 weeks as platelet count is low
so I consulted Dr Google and there's a million reasons why it could be so, dehydration being one so I am trying to drink more but in the hectic workday, not always easy
I've gone off coffee and onto strawberry teabags and feel as though I am always sipping water but need to increase
So glad about the diabetes
and on a more positive note, my trousers are too big which were tight a few weeks ago, well chuffed

Good news about the diabetes, that must be a relief. Hope your not overdoing it at work, you are still in recovery remember.

Thanks, I'm not, office bound mainly and all head work, stressful, but not physical.
I'm five and a half weeks post op, it will be 6 weeks this friday
I am wondering about portion sizes, I really can't eat much and even though I think I am not cooking a lot, I seem to put too much on the plate but leave loads, I made a salmon steak 2 small each cauliflower and broccoli florets steamed in fancy dancy pressure cooker (which is awesome, all cooked in 2 mins)
I try n eat the protein first, managed half the salmon, it was about an inch and half wide and half a floret of cauli n broccoli
Is this about like other MGB ers at this point?
I've been reading through diaries on here and read somewhere a portion is about the size of an egg. I'm worrying between getting enough nutrition and respecting pouch, think we have mad worry fits sometimes
I have lost 1 st 11 since op and my husband thinks I am doing well
I'm thrilled that I can now leave food tho

I can usually manage a salmon fillet, but just with about 1/2 small tin of peas and carrots no more.
When I am off work I have been having 1 egg scrambled or as an omelette at breakfast tried a two egg omelette today and ended up leaving half so that'll give you an idea about what I am managing.

Thanks
I'm same, made 2 egg omelette but only managed half
That's made me feel better

Friday weigh in, lost 2 lbs, which I am OK with as thats half a stone in 2 weeks
Feel good, got in work trousers I had saved as they were too small, have dug out loads of clothes I haven't worn in a couple of years for work, feels good.
Now I need to do more exercise
this is next weeks goal, to rise at 6 and do the exercise dvd for 30 mins 4 times a week,
we shall see

Just thought I'd share that I got high protein weetabix type breakfast cereal in tesco yesterday - 6.3g protein called protibrick, £2, tastes nice too,
NUTRITIONAL VALUES
SERVING SIZE 40g 100g
ENERGY VALUE 607kJ / 144Kcal 1517kJ / 359Kcal
FAT 1.0g 1.9g
of which saturates 0.1g 0.3g
CARBOHYDRATES 27.0g 67.8g
of which sugars 1.2g 2.9g
FIBRE 4.4g 11.0g
PROTEIN 6.3g 15.7g
SALT 0.2g 0.5g

Just saw your post on a newbie's thread where you said you were 7 weeks post op. Couldn't believe it is that long ago, seems like last week you were going into hospital, lol.
Just had to come and say nearly 3 stone lost already that's brilliant.

Thanks Loop, loving that little pouch :)

Somewhere in the bumph I had from my provider was a small paper tea plate which they said was about the portion size (if having 3 meals a day, no snacks) once on to solid foods. Sounds to me like you're on the right track!

Thanks sundown. I'm feeling good
Just joined the gym so exercise can increase
That's hoping I've not broken my rib, I fell down some steps at work, it was pitch black & security light didn't come on, I went flying
Think my odd pain may be from the fall so going for X ray tomorrow

Thanks sundown. I'm feeling good
Just joined the gym so exercise can increase
That's hoping I've not broken my rib, I fell down some steps at work, it was pitch black & security light didn't come on, I went flying
Think my odd pain may be from the fall so going for X ray tomorrow

God Wendy that must have been scary. Falling and hurting your mid section must have been a worry with all the internal plumbing work.
Hope you get the all clear.

:banana dancer:It was loop but to be honest I was more worried about my knee but my ribs getting sore so am going to get it x rayed today. We have cctv everywhere at work, so I filmed the playback on my phone, showed my husband and son and after initially laughing, they both went awe you poor thing, lol, I went with such a crack

On a positive note, seven weeks since surgery and 1.25lbs off, which I've rounded to 2 cos it's that week in the month so i'm just a tiny bit off 3 stone, technically.
I am so pleased,
the tap dancing class never got back to me, and I can't seem to get hold of her so last night I joined the gym and need to start toning and exercising
please feel free to tell me off if I don't go. Plan is up at 6, gym before work 3 mornings a week and dog walks, however almost 2 months and a third of way to goal so happy woman this morning :banana dancer:

Hope the x-ray is ok Wendy, you're doing so well. I'm going to look for that new cereal in Tesco today

Wow Wendy you were really lucky that you didn't do a real injury!

Well done on the gym move. I've been pondering exercise for when I'm allowed. I'm thinking along the toning lines - pilates for instance. I also have been given a weighted hula hoop which my Mum swears by for keeping the middle toned. It's bloody heavy though so it'll be some weeks before I attempt bumping that thing around my middle.

I also need to think weights. I tried kettle bells st a fit camp I did last year so may look into whether there's classes for that around.

I have kettle bell yoga mat and exercise bike
But I'm too lazy
Going gym might make me move
Fit but going back on wrist on Monday
Sat in Drs surgery waiting to get appt for an X ray
Can't believe I didn't relate to the fall and thought surgery
What an idiot I am

Back