• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

TrendyWendy's Pre & Post Op Diary

Good to hear your feeling better, it's a sort of tight feeling round the tummy isn't it.

Keep it up with the soup and cups of tea, I would avoid Heinz tomato soup though. I had half a mug of it last night and after a few minutes I started to feel a little odd so I stopped sipping, looked at the label and was shocked at the amount of sugar in it so that going off for the poor.

Can't wait for Vietnam and Cambodia, a small gang of us are going and will be doing the trip on restored motorbikes and staying in a mixture of stilted houses and hotels so we get the best of both worlds. Later in the year I'm doing the Trans-Siberian express :).

Hiya
thanks for the tip, I'm Mrs impatient so stopped on way home from airport at sainsburys, but prob should have gone today with clearer idea, what I don't eat someone else will
Your trip sounds amazing x

Update
Weekly weigh in 1 week after surgery
9llb off
Feeling good
Need to drink more ?

Congrats 9lb is a good loss, keep up the sipping x

9lb is great Wendy, you're obviously doing well and getting it right, so chuffed for you

Crackin' stuff Wendy. :D

Awe thanks everyone :)

Am I doing it right?

I really am worrying my sips are too big, (who said big mouth? lol)
I am also worrying I am not getting in the protein, then go bak to Dr Chris instructions and soup yoghurt and crispbread with sugar free jam and lo fat cheese triangle spread is all that is on so hmmm
question for my WLS buddies - Is having an exante shake the same as a protein shake? & do I have the shake as a snack/meal or drink?
the details get you confused

Food today:
ducth biscuit n sugar free jam
drinks
ww veg soup blitzed
drink
high protein yoghuty skyr strawberry
exante shake
Dutch biscuit with cheese spread - well it will be later when i eat it
more drinks

my urine is pale enough but the number 2's have dried up..............maybe tmi sorry

went to tesco this afternoon, got veggies for a home made veg soup

Cant help with the diet Wendy your doctor has a different plan than I had.
But I can confirm you are lightly to experience some issues in the BM department, my first couple were v painfully, then got loads better then this week problems again, but seems to be getting better again.
Just the lot of a bypasser.

great innit, either liquid explosion or a no show :(
One more week on liquid then hooray on mush

Getting fed up of Dutch biscuits soup n drinks
Can't wait for the purée stage
Made some home made veg soup which is ok
Got one more week off work,so going to prepare some meals, purée and freeze ready for being back at work

question for my WLS buddies - Is having an exante shake the same as a protein shake?

Hi Wendy, I read on another forum that some of the meal replacement things are better than some protein shakes due to having all the recommended nutrients. As I said, just read that on a forum so not sure if it's true, but I'd imagine they wouldn't do any harm.

Makes sense
Thanks florabell x

District nurse today, had stitches out
It was pouring down so tried driving. Went well, stitch removal , didn't feel a thing & driving was ok too
Liquids til Friday then onto purée, I can't wait
I've got a yearning for cottage pie mushed up
I'm reading the weight loss surgery cook book for dummies which is ok re advice but recipes are too American, so sent for return to slender a UK one
My goal is to start a food diary counting my protein
I've also got force all soluble as missing HRT tablets messed up monthly cycle n gone bit anaemic so got them early
Had busy day so far, I'll visit my mum later then a good rest

Had an audition for tipping point this morning
Sat next to a guy who lost 18 stone after a bypass
Very inspiring
Went to philpotts for some lunch with my daughter and had beef n veg soup which was already blended
Tasted gorgeous, just like a puréed meat n potato pie
Yum!

Friday weigh in - lost 6 pounds which I am chuffed about
Can move to pureed phase now which is good as soup and yoghurts was getting boring
Yesterday and today, I am back to work but graciously been allowed to work from home, trawling through 400 emails. Going back monday but will take it easy, looking forwards to it as watching TV isn't good for anyone.
Going to start using the exercise bike next week as well!
All in all a good week

Back