• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Walsall Manor Posse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, MF and I don't take offence easily. Every one has an opinion. :smile: You are being responsible in trying to isolate your strep etc.

Well even though I have been constipated all week I have lost 4lbs hopefully will be in the 15stone bracket next week

you are doing really well Teen.

Love that statement in your sig Terri.

well done teen i too am hoping to be in the 15 stone bracket next week am 16 stone 1lb as of today

"Lol! Showing my age here, but I remember it before it was Schofield's! It was the Navigation pub. lol!"

Red they are 2 different places babe.

The Navigaton is on Tyburn Road Erdngton (now a chinese buffet, buffet island) but schofields was n great barr on the island now a chinese buffett place too. But i too remember the navigation pub lol. Make sure you go to the correct one lol. x x

Greetings to the Masssiiiive (or not so Massiiiiive in some cases!). I hope Terri is getting her back sorted, Allie is feeling less pain, Teen is behaving herself, Lorna is still upbeat despite her PCT being total sh!ts, that Sam & Twig stand away from the fridge (I'll be in there before you anyway) and that Rachel gets her mortgage sorted.

As for me? I'm going to Hibiscrub meself to within an inch of me life in prep for tomorrow.

Hopefully will see Natalie there.
!!!

Thanks for the update, Natalie. Please pass on my regards next time you speak to her.

No, I didn't know and I didn't say I'd used it either.

Lol! Showing my age here, but I remember it before it was Schofield's! It was the Navigation pub. lol!

I'm off to Modern China later with my bro for his birthday meal.

Sorry I thought u did use the hibiscrub

I've never heard of it was never mentioned pre my band or band removal or pre bypass! BUT I guess if some people feel they need to use it id leave them to it may be there hygiene is questionable and they need the extra security of such a product!!! Clearly the nurses felt this wasn't necessary in your case.

I *did* use the Hibiscrub.

I *didn't* know they said you shouldn't use it.

I *didn't* tell them I had used it.

I hope that clarifies matters for you.

I've never heard of it was never mentioned pre my band or band removal or pre bypass! BUT I guess if some people feel they need to use it id leave them to it may be there hygiene is questionable and they need the extra security of such a product!!! Clearly the nurses felt this wasn't necessary in your case.

The hibi scrub was my idea and I thought I would share it with the group as it was recommended by a nurse friend of mine who had the op 18 months ago. It is used to prevent picking up MRSA from any visit to hospital and is recommended by most hospitals that you should shower in it prior to being admitted to hospital for an operation and is on the website of most hospitals under 'Preparing for your Stay in hospital' and for the record there is nothing wrong with my hygenie, never has been and never will be.

"Lol! Showing my age here, but I remember it before it was Schofield's! It was the Navigation pub. lol!"

Red they are 2 different places babe.

The Navigaton is on Tyburn Road Erdngton (now a chinese buffet, buffet island) but schofields was n great barr on the island now a chinese buffett place too. But i too remember the navigation pub lol. Make sure you go to the correct one lol. x x

Lol! Cheers T, but sadly my age is still showing because I remember *that* being the Queslett Arms!

Good job you told me though, 'else I would have gone to the wrong place!

Moderrn China last night was excellent, apart from being surrounded by the staff at the end of the night.

We thought at first it might have been because they had overheard me when I was recalling a time when I & a few mates did a runner from a Chinese restaurant in Tewkesbury and got chased around the town by two very annoyed Chinese chefs brandishing meat cleavers.

But then we realised it was way past 11.30pm and thet wanted to go home so were giving a huge hint!

The hibi scrub was my idea and I thought I would share it with the group as it was recommended by a nurse friend of mine who had the op 18 months ago. It is used to prevent picking up MRSA from any visit to hospital and is recommended by most hospitals that you should shower in it prior to being admitted to hospital for an operation and is on the website of most hospitals under 'Preparing for your Stay in hospital' and for the record there is nothing wrong with my hygenie, never has been and never will be.

It's clearly not essential and it's deffo not on any of the pre op advice leaflets or appointment letter's and it was never ever mentioned to me or any one I know who has already undergone the procedure. Some times knowledge can be dangerous to the layman... I prefer to stick to the Surgeons advice and the advice of the clinic that's directly treating me. And to be honest I think that's the best advice just listen to what your direct medical team is advising, rather than the third party of a friend of a friend... God knows where we would all be if we listened to all the old wives tails that are floating about from friends of friends...

People if in doubt phone the team at Walsall Manor and seek there advice they will be happy to advise.

Terri maybe you're nurse friend was advised to use it because she may have been considered high risk considering the nature of her job. But then again there is a difference in her just using it because she felt it was the right thing to do and her actually being advised by the experts. And thats the essential thing here, we give advise on direct experience sometimes things can get lost in translation when friends of friends start making wild suggestion!

Oh Hello Alexa, I thought you had left the forum.

Natalie i think you did the right thing informing the team that you had been using the hibiscub because now you know you could have been doing more harm than good. had you not of mentioned it you may have carried on and made yourself sore leaving you open to infection which as we know could of put your surgery at risk...

You're very right to advice people phone the easy book staff if they have any concerns I too would advise this. Being post op and just reading all my paperwork there is no mention of the need to use it.

Natalie i think you did the right thing informing the team that you had been using the hibiscub because now you know you could have been doing more harm than good. had you not of mentioned it you may have carried on and made yourself sore leaving you open to infection which as we know could of put your surgery at risk...

You're very right to advice people phone the easy book staff if they have any concerns I too would advise this. Being post op and just reading all my paperwork there is no mention of the need to use it.

Yawn

yes alexa we should follow the advise of the surgical team and the hospital, and I have never at any point stressed that anyone should use or go against the advice they have been given by that team. it was bought to the forum as something that could be used if so wished, and it is up to the induvidual what they choose to do.
The issue was that you called into question the hygenie of those using and that was my response to your questioning it.

Hib Scrub can be used and if followed correctly there is no harm in using it. I will be using it before my procedure and following the instructions on the product. That is my personnal opinion and if anyone else wants to they do so at their own risk.

This is a support forum and nit picking and trying to wind up or insult people becuse of something that has happened else where is not on. The arguement was between 2 people and has no business being aired on here and nobody else that I can see or know of have taken sides or deliberately bought up what has happened as it is no one elses business but the 2 involved. Please can we get back to the where we before one of supporting each other not trying to take cheap igs at others and insulting people in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back