• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats the worst thing anyone ever said to you about your weight?

I've been asked when the baby's due, when I wasn't even pregnant! And I often get the usual 'You have such a pretty face aswell' ...... what they mean is 'you're ok looking for a big fat pig' hahaha x

I've been asked when the baby's due, when I wasn't even pregnant! And I often get the usual 'You have such a pretty face aswell' ...... what they mean is 'you're ok looking for a big fat pig' hahaha x

Love the honesty lol.

See, I don't believe I was discriminated against by employers. If anything, my worst hurts were from people who knew me. I got the stupid comments on the street, but realistically they affected me a lot less than the people I expected more from. My dad told me that his friends used to say how pretty I was before i got so fat. That hurt more than someone wolf whistling at me in the classroom. In fact I threatened to phone their parents and get them excluded. They apologised.

I can poke fun at myself but I don't think other people have the right to do it. They should think before they speak x

I think many of us do it to get the jump on people who might say something nasty.

going for a new job at interview

'Do you think at your size you could REALLY work here?'

needles to say I didn't get the job

See, I don't believe I was discriminated against by employers. If anything, my worst hurts were from people who knew me. I got the stupid comments on the street, but realistically they affected me a lot less than the people I expected more from. My dad told me that his friends used to say how pretty I was before i got so fat. That hurt more than someone wolf whistling at me in the classroom. In fact I threatened to phone their parents and get them excluded. They apologised.

I was a youth worker for almost 20 years and I still don't really get any abuse from teenagers, mine seems to come from adults who should really know flipping better. I remember one particularly obnoxious (and drunk) bottom orrifice (polite for arsehole) who walked up to me in a club and said "OOO aren't you fat!" I feigned shock, looked down at me body and screamed "OMIGOD how did that happen, I must be allergic to something" then ran off shouting for a mirror. The look on his face was brilliant. He didn't come back to the pub for weeks because I had apparently embarrassed him.

I had an argument another time with a guy who couldn't understand when he said I was ugly and I said that I wasn't ugly, that what he actually meant was that I am fat. It's not a swear word and it doesn't make me ugly. I told him that fat girls were better in bed becasue once they had been seen naked, they didnt care what faces they pulled when having sex and that once he had had a fat girl he really would never go back to a skinny one.
I then grabbed him and snogged him. For weeks, he never left me alone after that (and he wasn't abusive anymore) - in fact DH had to give him a few words of encouragement to go away lol

Yvessa said:

Yvessa, your parents have a lot to answer for like my family. Shocking!!

I have read some terrible things on here. Really sad :(

The worst thing is that they probably don't even remember saying these things, but we carry them around every day.

I was a youth worker for almost 20 years and I still don't really get any abuse from teenagers, mine seems to come from adults who should really know flipping better. I remember one particularly obnoxious (and drunk) bottom orrifice (polite for arsehole) who walked up to me in a club and said "OOO aren't you fat!" I feigned shock, looked down at me body and screamed "OMIGOD how did that happen, I must be allergic to something" then ran off shouting for a mirror. The look on his face was brilliant. He didn't come back to the pub for weeks because I had apparently embarrassed him.

I had an argument another time with a guy who couldn't understand when he said I was ugly and I said that I wasn't ugly, that what he actually meant was that I am fat. It's not a swear word and it doesn't make me ugly. I told him that fat girls were better in bed becasue once they had been seen naked, they didnt care what faces they pulled when having sex and that once he had had a fat girl he really would never go back to a skinny one.
I then grabbed him and snogged him. For weeks, he never left me alone after that (and he wasn't abusive anymore) - in fact DH had to give him a few words of encouragement to go away lol
When I first started my job I was quite worried as it was my first teaching post and the first year there were kids sniggering in the corridors etc, but never to my face. After that though kids just treat me as any other teacher and most are lovely and think very highly of me.

I was at my nans funeral and my aunt who i hadnt seen for 25 years came up to me and said ooh not another salad dodger!! then for the rest of the day she kept coming up to me telling me how she lost 3 stone and at i should do what she was doing. This was also a day where i was allowed out of hospital just to attend my nans funeral as i was in for 4 months with MRSA... so i was feeling bad due to that aswell.
I wouldnt mind but this was coming from a woman who was engaged to keith moon from The Who and was more of a druggie than he was!!

I don't recall ever being verbally abused because of my weight issues, other than the torture during high school but nothing from complete strangers in a supermarket like some of you.

My doctor pissed me off when I told him I was having a bypass and he replied "why? you don't need it" - being 22 stone at the time, I clearly did need it.

I was at my nans funeral and my aunt who i hadnt seen for 25 years came up to me and said ooh not another salad dodger!! then for the rest of the day she kept coming up to me telling me how she lost 3 stone and at i should do what she was doing. This was also a day where i was allowed out of hospital just to attend my nans funeral as i was in for 4 months with MRSA... so i was feeling bad due to that aswell.
I wouldnt mind but this was coming from a woman who was engaged to keith moon from The Who and was more of a druggie than he was!!

As for your aunt - Pot kettle black etc lol

I apologise if this upsets anyone, but I think it is much more acceptable for a man to be heavier than a woman. I have even had larger men say this to me. Not in a nasty way, but in sympathy.

I apologise if this upsets anyone, but I think it is much more acceptable for a man to be heavier than a woman. I have even had larger men say this to me. Not in a nasty way, but in sympathy.

I would agree with that statement, in general. However, in hindsight, I have to admit to my weight being a bit of a Karmic (is that a word) experience. When I met my husband, even thought I could eat for England, I was relatively thin and I refused to go out with him because he was fat. He went away and lost three stones then came back. The thing is, he has remained what could be called a 'normal' (hate that word) size/weight, whilst I just got bigger and bigger. He has never once put me down or insulted me in any way because of my size.

I meant in general. In terms of attractiveness, when I met my 6ft 4 man he weighed 9 stone. I've since fed him! But I find slim, tall men with a serious hint of computer geek extremely hot. Which I know is a horrid horrid hypocrisy.

But equally I met him online and didn't know what he looked like until long after I'd fallen in love

6ft 4 - I like tall. lol :D

6ft 4 - I like tall. lol :D
Oh definitely! But he's a very good looking man too. I think I was quite surprised as I'd met him online. I was 17 at the time! It has been 12 years together now and I wouldn't change him (except make him completely well)

I never thought my DH was particularly good looking (god I sound like a right cow), but I think he is quite attractive now. He laughs when I say that I'm not sure if he has grown into his face or if I'm used to it after over 30 years together lol.

BTW - I hope you don't mind me asking, but is your DH ill?

Maybe now that you know him, you find his face fits his personality?

Back