• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!
I can't sleep anyway with the heat so am thinking of getting up now. I can always sleep later, right?! it's partly the weather and partly excitement and mostly nerves!

Good Luck Ellie! Thinking of you, hope you are being bypassed right now! See you on the other side x

Let us know how it went please?? I am having crazy anxiety and sleepless nights since I made my payments . Have hit a kind of low / depressive state . Kids are on summer holidays and I have NO joy or willingness to do fun stuff with them or take them out. Surely this is not how it's supposed to be??

I think this is quite normal, I would imagine it's because you feel like life is on hold until it's all done and dusted?

@19ellie, Hi, hope your operation is going ok today? And you've been, banded/bypassed, or sleeved by now. Please keep us updated on your progress. And @Branches , best of luck to you too, im dreading the liver shrinking diet. But it has to be done. I wasn't mentally strong enough in the past. But now i feel ready. I wish i was at the same stages of, 19ellie & Branches op's now. But my turn will come. I've got all my tiny plastic freezable tubs in! Lol. :rainbow:

@19ellie, Hi, hope your operation is going ok today? And you've been, banded/bypassed, or sleeved by now. Please keep us updated on your progress. And @Branches , best of luck to you too, im dreading the liver shrinking diet. But it has to be done. I wasn't mentally strong enough in the past. But now i feel ready. I wish i was at the same stages of, 19ellie & Branches op's now. But my turn will come. I've got all my tiny plastic freezable tubs in! Lol. :rainbow:

You've done more than me! lol and I start LSD on Friday!!!! Eeeeek!

You've done more than me! lol and I start LSD on Friday!!!! Eeeeek!
@Branches , id kept all my plastic tubs from when i previously was going to have surgery...but backed out. I very nearly threw them out a couple of times (as id bought loads of them ....about 40 or 50!) Pleased i never! I got told by the dietition previously ...that i would need a lot of tiny freezable tubs. Been organized and prepared makes life a bit easier, she said.
I'm struggling in this heat at the moment...no energy to exercise! Which leaves me more hungry. As, when im been active....my apitite

@Branches (sorry pressed 'send' by accident to soon) As when Im active...my appitite goes down. But way to hot at presant. :(.
I feel for all the ones in hospital at moment having surgery!

@jooz0301 , Hi, hope things are going well with your Liver Shrinking Diet (LSD) ? If you've started it yet?. People tend to get told different lenghts of time, to do the LSD. I'm hoping mine is 7-10 days maybe, and not 2-3 weeks like some people get told to do. I bet your so excited...but nervous. I really hope you don't feel too crap on the LSD, please keep us updated on your progress. :)

@Branches , id kept all my plastic tubs from when i previously was going to have surgery...but backed out. I very nearly threw them out a couple of times (as id bought loads of them ....about 40 or 50!) Pleased i never! I got told by the dietition previously ...that i would need a lot of tiny freezable tubs. Been organized and prepared makes life a bit easier, she said.
I'm struggling in this heat at the moment...no energy to exercise! Which leaves me more hungry. As, when im been active....my apitite

It's a good idea, I should be making things up and freezing them by now really. I'm not organised at all. Just buried my head in the sand!

I just got my admission and pre op questionnaire paperwork!!!!

Scared!!!!

My head still doesn't think this is going to happen - think I am in denial! :bolt:

I felt the same when I got my date and LRD info. Every time I thought I'd got to grips with it all it got closer and I freaked out all over again right up until I walked down to theatre. We'll be here with you :)

Wow this thread got a few more posts on it and for some reason on the app it wasnt saying that people had been writing grrrrr. Well to everyone in the August and September surgery club massive best wishes and good luck. I have my pre op on July the 29th and I think will be the mild diet from them until my surgery on the 16th. I still havnt decided on which op and i go from sleeve to bypass on a daily basis. today there was a really positive article in the daily mail re a girl who had a bypass and my head does tell me bypass is the right way to go but then it all goes pear shaped again haha. I am really happy tho at Luton no one has mentioned an endoscopy tho lol

It's a good idea, I should be making things up and freezing them by now really. I'm not organised at all. Just buried my head in the sand!
Hows the first day of you LSD going? And how many days to you have to be on it for? I feel that this will be the hardest bit for me. But ...i will do it...i have to. Hope its going well for you. Toni, (my real name) :rainbow:

Hi Toni x

I have to do the LSD for 2 weeks so my pre op is on the 29th so I think I will prob be put on then x They will give all the meds and stuff. We can do a countdown with each other x Did they say about you self injecting medicine for blood thinning? And do you know if after the op they put a nasal gastric tube down? Xx from Jo x

Hi Toni x

I have to do the LSD for 2 weeks so my pre op is on the 29th so I think I will prob be put on then x They will give all the meds and stuff. We can do a countdown with each other x Did they say about you self injecting medicine for blood thinning? And do you know if after the op they put a nasal gastric tube down? Xx from Jo x
You seem further ahead than me, Im at Hospital on the 2nd of August for the endoscopy. Nothing else has been mention yet....not even done my 24hour urune sample! Whats LSD? (Am i right in thinking its the diet, we go on before surgery to shrink our liver, to make surgery easier?) Im confused, as to wether you've had your surgery or not...or is this a second operation?
Sorry ....im reading so many peoples differant stories and journey's ...i get myself all confused ( im easily confused!).
I have a feeling ...my op will be after August now, judging by posts im reading. (Im not doing all this 3 tier thing, i keep seeing been mentioned, so my consultant told me) Apparently according to my consultant who i saw 3 weeks ago, for the first time since i backed out of surgery 20 months ago (a week before my date), the rules and criteria has since been changed. And since i got re-referred through my GP 3 months ago (as i now want the surgery) they playing by the old rules/criteria from 20 months ago. So don't quite understand what that will mean for me timewise, to get my date.

Ive heard, and know off people who have to thin there blood, through self injecting yes, think thats normal after surgery. Not heard of anyone mention a nasal gastric tube! Ooooo heck....don't sound pleasant..lol.

I don't know about you....but im quite excited (this time round) but nervous too, but most people have said thats normal.
It a waiting game now
Good luck with your journey, and keep us updated on your progress, as i will on mine.
Night, Toni x

Yep LSD is liver shrinking diet. I am on it for 2 weeks. They actually said to just eat healthy, but I am doing milk and yog as I thought it would be easier to not cheat!

It's all going good thank you, although bit bored of milk already lol x

Hi all. I am back home now and bypassed. I've updated my frustrations thread as im very tired and I haven't the energy at the moment to keep updating (I have chemical allergies and things like anaesthetics wear me out worse than most people, apparently).

But I'm now sat on the losers bench.

I also only had 4 days to to liver reduction diet and I managed to lose 7lb in that time and surgeon said that there were no problems with my liver.

Ellie

Hi all. I am back home now and bypassed. I've updated my frustrations thread as im very tired and I haven't the energy at the moment to keep updating (I have chemical allergies and things like anaesthetics wear me out worse than most people, apparently).

But I'm now sat on the losers bench.

I also only had 4 days to to liver reduction diet and I managed to lose 7lb in that time and surgeon said that there were no problems with my liver.

Ellie
You've done it....Well done! :0clapper::woohoo:
I hope i only have to do the LSD diet for 4 day!....i could manage that.
Sorry your feeling lack of energy, i suppose most people have ...lack off energy after their surgery. Unlucky though with the allergies.
Also ...well done for the 7lbs lost so far. X
Hope your feeling better soon :rainbow:

Wow well done x new start now for you x

Thanks guys. The 4 days was because the hosp messed up and recorded that they had informed me about the op before I actually found out on the friday morning, which left 4 days. I wouldn't recommend 4 days - was blooming famished! They do prefer a week to 10 days here.

I've rediscovered gravity and this is the pain I feel - when I move and my innards move and drop so slightly, not usually noticeable, but when I'm swollen, tender and sore, every move I can feel!

Back