• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS Group Liquidation

laurawls

Feeling worried - provider in liquidation

Had a band fitted 4th feb 2014 which included 3 years aftercare.
I have now had a letter from my provider saying they have gone into liquidation.

Anyone else in this situation?
#feelingworried ?

I'm in the same boat! Just got home from holiday to find their letter. It does sound that they may set up a new company and there is a slim possibility that they will honour their obligations to their clients under the new banner.

Wls group liqidation

Hi there I was wondering if anyone here has had surgery with WLS Group? I had my bypass 9 weeks ago which also included 3 years aftercare. I went for my check up with wendy on the sunday (everything going really well) then on monday morning got a letter saying that they have gone into liquidation and all aftercare will cease. It does say that they will be looking into being taken over and to give them a couple of months but who knows if this will happen? The letter also says all telephone numbers were ceasing immediately? I am a bit upset that it wasn't explained to me the day before when i saw wendy and now I am worried that if anything happens who should i call? Has anyone else had this happen?

Thank for any replies

Me too i only saw wendy on the sunday and got the same letter on the monday morning!!! Not pleased they didnt mention anything!!! I wondered why the nutritionist hasnt phoned me for three weeks now? Not happy and also really worried about my aftercare as my bypass was only 9 weeks ago?

Hi - yes I had my surgery with them but that was over 5 years ago.

I got a letter too, have another read of yours because it does say you can use the 24hr line for any clinical concerns, until they have managed to source alternative aftercare arrangements.

Have they said what's going to happen to your aftercare? How much weight have you lost? X

They are hoping someone else is going to take over. If not I don't know what's going to happen?

Have you spoken to them yet?

I've lost just over 2 stone now ?

Thanks for replying Mazza yes I saw that you can call the 24 hr number and thankfully I am doing really well at the moment so no need to call them as it says in the letter that number is for clinical concerns only so I was just a bit worried about the future (being a bit paranoid!!) also the letter just seems really vague and non commital? I really hope they sort their problems as wendy and steve were such lovely people just wished they'd let me know the day before so I could've put my mind at ease and had it explained better?

Surely the surgeon who carried out the procedures has to honour the aftercare as part of his code of ethics? I hope so for you all xx

Awful isnt it...im a year into my 3 year aftercare. Thing is im literally in the middle of ivf (eggs being taken monday) am meant to be stress free atm and then this happens - wot if I do get preg and need band emptied?? Have paid out for the band and 4k for ivf....we're not made of money, really cant afford to pay anyone else x

Awful isnt it...im a year into my 3 year aftercare. Thing is im literally in the middle of ivf (eggs being taken monday) am meant to be stress free atm and then this happens - wot if I do get preg and need band emptied?? Have paid out for the band and 4k for ivf....we're not made of money, really cant afford to pay anyone else x

I feel for you I really do. I too am in my first year and was so shocked to receive the letter.

They are hoping that someone can take over in August I think the letter said but not much good to you if you ga pregnant before hand!!

Have you tried phoning to speak to them?
xx

Did the letter say they had called in the Administrators or they were in Liquidation ?

Hello everyone. I had my band in 2012 and should have over a year left of my aftercare. I didn't get a letter at all! I have recently found out I'm pregnant and called the WLS group to have an emergency defill. I was then shocked to hear the voice mail saying that they had gone into liquidation etc and that everyone should have received a letter?!?!? I called Wendy and surprise surprise she didn't answer. I left a voice mail and sent her a text message as asked on her voice mail answerphone. Only to receive a text from Wendy later on that day to say they won't be in london to offer any band adjustments. ..I replied saying I was worried as I'm pregnant and she told me "not to worry" and gave me a phone number of somewhere where I could get the defill done. Fuming is an understatement. Not only did she not have the decency to call me back but I've had to fork out £100 to get a defill. Does anyone know if I can get it back? If anyone wants the contact details for the lady Wendy recommended, I'd be happy to help, but obviously this will mean paying every time you go. What a pain!

everyone. I had my band in 2012 and should have over a year left of my aftercare. I didn't get a letter at all! I have recently found out I'm pregnant and called the WLS group to have an emergency defill. I was then shocked to hear the voice mail saying that they had gone into liquidation etc and that everyone should have received a letter?!?!? I called Wendy and surprise surprise she didn't answer. I left a voice mail and sent her a text message as asked on her voice mail answerphone. Only to receive a text from Wendy later on that day to say they won't be in london to offer any band adjustments. ..I replied saying I was worried as I'm pregnant and she told me "not to worry" and gave me a phone number of somewhere where I could get the defill done. Fuming is an understatement. Not only did she not have the decency to call me back but I've had to fork out £100 to get a defill. Does anyone know if I can get it back? If anyone wants the contact details for the lady Wendy recommended, I'd be happy to help, but obviously this will mean paying every time you go. What a pain

Back