• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS Group Liquidation

Have you asked ISG (International Surgery Group) for advice at all? They might be able to help you.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Wish you all the best

Hello everyone. I had my band in 2012 and should have over a year left of my aftercare. I didn't get a letter at all! I have recently found out I'm pregnant and called the WLS group to have an emergency defill. I was then shocked to hear the voice mail saying that they had gone into liquidation etc and that everyone should have received a letter?!?!? I called Wendy and surprise surprise she didn't answer. I left a voice mail and sent her a text message as asked on her voice mail answerphone. Only to receive a text from Wendy later on that day to say they won't be in london to offer any band adjustments. ..I replied saying I was worried as I'm pregnant and she told me "not to worry" and gave me a phone number of somewhere where I could get the defill done. Fuming is an understatement. Not only did she not have the decency to call me back but I've had to fork out £100 to get a defill. Does anyone know if I can get it back? If anyone wants the contact details for the lady Wendy recommended, I'd be happy to help, but obviously this will mean paying every time you go. What a pain!

Hi just wondering if you have had any luck with the weightloss group? Have you heard anything from them? xx

Hi just wondering if you have had any luck with the weightloss group? Have you heard anything from them? xx

Hi Laura, I contacted the ISG as was suggested and have heard nothing. WLS have not been in contact with me whatsoever. Very disappointed in the service I've received. I've had a complete defill as I'm pregnant but not sure what I'll do once I've had the baby. I dont want to keep paying for band adjustments if I am entitled to them in my aftercare package.

WLS group receivership. Help, I have no contact numbers.

I had my band with WLS group. As I moved house and forgot to tell them, I haven't received any of the transfer or contact documentation.

Can anyone give me any info? I've tried booking appointments through the website, but am not getting a response.

Please help!

Hi, I believe most people are struggling to get hold of them.

If you Google Michelle Bowater - a director of the company - you can find her registered address so you may have some luck contacting her direct.

Her address is in the public domain so it is alright to contact her as long as you don't harass her xx

Im in the same boat. Im a year into a 3 year plan- and have recently moved house and cant get any info or change my address with them so if anything does happen Im hoping someone on this site will let us know. Apparently something may happen in/after August? Very frustrating!!!!

There are a few of us on here in the same boat, I'm not holding my breath for a good outcome but if there is any news I will post it.

I saw them in Manchester the week before last. They said they would be up and running from the 1st august and to make all appointments through the website. I tried the emergency contact number but that didn't connect. Has anyone actually heard from them?

Hiya everyone-I was banded in July 2013 and have a three year plan with WLS group. I got the letter saying they were going in to liquidation and that someone would take over in August (?)...since the letter I have moved house and cant get any info or contact from WLS group (surprise!) to change my address so I can be notified of new arrangements. Has anyone had any updates or heard anything at all? Im worried if I got to another provided for fill/unfill it will negate the contract I have with WLS...any thoughts? Hope everyone is doing ok despite the lack of care and service from WLS.

Oh god total nightmare for you all, im sorry, i dont know any updates but I was gojng to have my sleeve through them but went direct to one of their consultants instead, good job or i may have lost my money.

Fingers crossed for you that either someone takes the company over or the consultants step in and still do the fills, it will depend on what they have been paid for i will guess.
Good luck, really sorry x

Hello everyone. I had my band in 2012 and should have over a year left of my aftercare. I didn't get a letter at all! I have recently found out I'm pregnant and called the WLS group to have an emergency defill. I was then shocked to hear the voice mail saying that they had gone into liquidation etc and that everyone should have received a letter?!?!? I called Wendy and surprise surprise she didn't answer. I left a voice mail and sent her a text message as asked on her voice mail answerphone. Only to receive a text from Wendy later on that day to say they won't be in london to offer any band adjustments. ..I replied saying I was worried as I'm pregnant and she told me "not to worry" and gave me a phone number of somewhere where I could get the defill done. Fuming is an understatement. Not only did she not have the decency to call me back but I've had to fork out £100 to get a defill. Does anyone know if I can get it back? If anyone wants the contact details for the lady Wendy recommended, I'd be happy to help, but obviously this will mean paying every time you go. What a pain!
Hi
I am desperate for a band fill whilst waiting to see if weightloss group start up again. Would you please post the name of the company that Wendy Stubbs recommended to you, they must be reputable if she suggested them. Thanks for your help.

I too had surgery with the WLS Group in 2012 and have a year of aftercare left.... Not happy as I went with them because they offered the longest after care. Still haven't heard anything from them since their initial liquidation letter in May/June.

Does anyone know where we stand legally?

the wls group

I had my band fitted with them five years ago and had a complete defill 2 years ago due to troubles. now I am wanting to start my restriction again and have no way of getting fills done with other companies as they require written details from wls group of what band I have fitted etc. ive nolonger got wendys emergency number etc and the emails to wls group just never get replied too. any ideas?

hi did you have to provide details of your band etc? as nobody will do any adjustments for me without the info and I have no contact info for wendy

Type of band varies from surgeon to surgeon so you could contact your surgeon's secretary for the information.
I too was banded through WLS group.

I had letter 2wks after my band. Have been left without ever having my first fill. Was promised by Wendy that I would not be left with no aftercare. So devastated. What kind of people take your life savings knowing they are going under. Was such a huge decision to have this op in fact a final act of desperation and now what?

Back