• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS Group Liquidation

I have just received an email from Michelle confirming that they will honour their obligations to WLS clients and that there will be no charge. This is good news folks!

Help

I all does anyone have phone nos for Wendy, at WLSInfo info London also dietician and the no for making appointments,, all my nos out date
Thankyou

Alternative Fill Clinic

Hey everybody. I was having aftercare with WLS group after having my band in Belgium, I wasn't even informed that they were in liquidation until I found out myself! I'd purchased a package of fills so my money was lost. I was tight so required an unfill quite quickly and I managed to find a new provider locally who will be taking over my aftercare from now on, they have clinics in Leeds, London, Edingburgh, Birmingham, Newcastle, Belfast, Dublin, Manchester and Exeter. I do not work for these people, my sole agenda is to help people out who are in the same situation as me, and they need more customers for the Leeds clinic or it's in danger of getting stopped, this is my only LOCAL clinic and I don't really want to travel as I don't drive. Good luck with it all, I know it's a bit rubbish, i'm quite lucky as I am 3 years out and don't need much aftercare these days, if I was just getting started I wouldn't be a happy bunny. Good luck with it all

Claire

Last edited by a moderator:
I was recieving aftercare from WLS Group, they have now gone in to liquidation. I just posted a reply in a forum about finding a local aftercare provider (I didn't post any names or links)...my thread was deleted! Now I don't see any issues in posting advice and recommendation? I was struggling to find somewhere....I found somewhere....I gave other's a heads up who were in a similar situation as me! In my case I needed a defill and was tight for over a month...a potentially dangerous situation! If people cannot recieve reccomendations then how can they forsee the pitfalls? How can they know if a provider is good or not? People recommend their surgeons all the time....I didn't even write the name of my aftercare provider, I just said inbox me if you 'want' to...allow people to make an informed choice for goodness sake! Grrrrr, rant over!

FYI, your 'post' was not deleted, it was moderated. You posted a post on a thread in this forum, if you posted on another I have no idea?

The reason for it being moderated is that although you have been a member for five years you haven't posted for a number of years. Posts from new members or members with very few posts automatically go into moderation, so that we can check you are not a spammer or a troll.

Whilst I can see you are neither, I don't appreciate your post above!

Members will not be able to PM you as haven't enough posts to use this facility. Also encouraging members to pm you to share information is against the forum rules - I have therefore edited your post regarding this.

To be clear:

We know that WLS Group are in liquidation.
Slaz has had an email confirming that they will honour her aftercare.
There are other aftercare providers out there BUT if you use them you risk invalidating any further care from WLS Group, if and when it becomes available.

We all have choices but if I was in the same position I would be seeking confirmation (as Slaz) has that you will still receive aftercare, before handing any more money over.

Finally, you get out of this forum what you put in. Members that offer mutual support are welcome here. Members that don't post for years, who post offering to share via PM, then follow that up as you have, not so much I'm afraid.

Last edited:
WLS

Hi
Does anybody have any updates from WLS or Nurse Wendy Stubbs? I am in real need of a band fill and am at a loss for what to do.
Thanks

Hi

I haven't but one of our other members has had some contact from them.

I'll merge this thread with the other so you can have a look x

Hi, I had a thought. If you paid for your surgery with a credit card, you may be able to claim some of your costs back from your credit card provider as WLS have not completed their commitment to you.

WLS Group - still no reply

Hi all,

Has anyone had any luck getting hold of wendy etc?? i managed to track down the company who was dealing with the liquidation but again they didnt want to know and never contacted me back. I have since contacted the actually private hospital where i had the surgery, they said the should have my notes and would get back to me. I just feel that ive paid £6000 for a weightloss tool that i cannot use. I am wanting to have a baby amd the fertility centre say i need to lose at least another 3 stone before they will consider me for IVF, But no other provider will do any fills for me without knowing the size etc of my band. I know its 9cc but they wont take my word for it.
Im hoping the private hospital will come good with the details, but i'm doubtful.

need a band fill

Hi

I am getting desperate... I used to have my band fills by Wendy Stubbs in Harley street, I have now found out that she has gone into liquidation and I have no idea where to get fills done now.
I have text left Vms and rang a number of times but she hasn't even had the decency to reply.

is there anyone else who has received this appaling treatment by her and any ideas where I can go for a fill in the london area

Kind Regards

Leanne

Wendy worked for Weight Loss Surgery Group who went into liquidation quite some time ago.

Letters were sent out to people still within their aftercare with contact numbers etc. I assume all previous numbers have been disconnected.

Did you get a letter? If you do decide to use someone else for your fills it will mean paying again and would no doubt invalidate the package you paid for.

I'll search for other threads and merge them all for you to have a read.

Ok, all threads are now merged.

Keep in touch on share any info on here please. Anyone had any further news?

Thank you Mazza for merging the threads relating to The now defunct Weight Loss Surgery Group. I used the contact details shown in the letter which is copied earlier in this thread. I have since had three fill appointments at no charge and have a further appointment in January booked. Michelle and Wendy now work for Ramsay but must have done some sort of deal with them to enable them to fulfil their WLS Group obligations.

Thanks for the update Slaz.

Yes I thought it would be wise to merge them all (11 so far) so everyone left in the lurch can access their aftercare :D

thanks

thanks for all of the info....I will try to contact via Ramsay health... I am 5 years down the line so have not paid for any package... I pay as I need as I only have one bandfill about every 18 months...I just desperately need one and have not received any letters etc... If I cant get hold of her then I just need to find another clinic

Thank you Mazza for merging the threads relating to The now defunct Weight Loss Surgery Group. I used the contact details shown in the letter which is copied earlier in this thread. I have since had three fill appointments at no charge and have a further appointment in January booked. Michelle and Wendy now work for Ramsay but must have done some sort of deal with them to enable them to fulfil their WLS Group obligations.

Hi Slaz, I never received a letter at all about WLS Group going into liquidation and had to pay for an emergency defile this year as I fell pregnant. Is there any chance you could send me Ramsay's details or anyone else please?! Thank you!

Hi Slaz, I never received a letter at all about WLS Group going into liquidation and had to pay for an emergency defile this year as I fell pregnant. Is there any chance you could send me Ramsay's details or anyone else please?! Thank you!

Hi Patricia,
If you look back on this thread you will find a copy of the letter I received from WLS Group in September, it contains both a phone number and email address for Michelle. Good luck!

If all else fails I just went to the Ramsey website and sent enquiry through the email there and someone got back next day with details for clinics Wendy is doing.

Back