• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS Group Liquidation

Information Sought

Hi, I am new to this forum and would greatly appreciate any help/information. Two years ago I had a gastric band fitted through a company run by Michelle Bowater. Part of the process included two years aftercare. The first year went ok but then I was contacted and informed that she had gone into liquidation and that there would be no more aftercare. I am having problems now and would like to get aftercare independently if possible. I live in Dundee and the aftercare was being provided in Glasgow so I am prepared to travel a bit.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so can you give me contact details? I have considered going to the NHS but didnt get a great reception when I first went to my GP.

I'll move this thread into the merged one about WLS Group.

You should get some info on there. Sorry no one has replied before x

Need a defillv

Can anyone help I need to get my band loosened
I know WLS have gone into liquidation ,so l got in touch with BMI Hospital in Manchester were l had the surgery to find the surgeon l had does not do gastric bands any more
Tried to explain l needed a bariatric nurse? No help unless I see a surgeon ?

hi

I had my gastric band fitted back in 2011 and aftercare with Wendy in Harley St. Haven't been back for quite a few years and have found out today they went into liquidation years ago. Never received a letter but that's because I moved.

I want to get my band checked so can anyone advise as to what I do and who I can contact? I am based in Hampshire.

Thanks

Hi @Sue Coker

Yes they went into liquidation in 2014 I think. So basically are no more.

In terms of what to do and who to contact, you will have to make separate arrangements with another provider or approach the NHS?

I have merged your thread with all of the other posted in relation to this company, going bak to 2014.

Last edited:
Back