• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow!..only 6 days to go until my life changes forever!

MissPanda

Hi everyone, i am having the Gastric Sleeve op on Monday 19th August, but they want me in on sunday to make sure my asthma is ok. i will be having the op at St Georges Hospital London. I am so Nervous. I am currently doing the 2 weeks liquid diet to shrink my liver - 4 cans of low calorie Weight Watchers soup + 4 low fat low sugar yogurts a day. At first i found it hard but it is getting better.

:character00238:

Congrats I'm a st George's girl although I was lucky enough to be done at st Anthony's!

Waheyy! How exciting :D How much have you lost so far on the pre-op? I am only on day 3 of 14 and I am so concerned I am going to get there and they say I've not lost any :(

Congrats I'm a st George's girl although I was lucky enough to be done at st Anthony's!

I have a date for St Anthonys in October.. any issues? I am having the bypass.

wow - so close, you must be getting very excited - this time next week you will be done and dusted!!! best of luck with the diet - you can do it!!! xxx

Thanks for all the Lovely messages!...I've not long got in, so i will reply to them properly once i've had some sleep..lol.. night night zzZZZZ

I am also under St George's, but had my bypass at St Anthony's, 3 weeks ago on Saturday. Who are you under? Helen

Sorry just seen you are under Andrew Wan, he was my consultant too, l highly recommend him, he has done a wonderful job on me!

Beegee l am from Epsom very close to you, St Anthony's is wonderful, l had my bypass on 27th July,and am feeling great. Helen

I'm a St Anthony's girl too (self-funded). I had a bypass five weeks ago done by Alberic Fiennes- the great guru of WLS at St G's and UCH. The experience was fantastic. The hospital and staff were brilliant. I felt as if I'd been on a major surgery mini-break. Good luck Miss Panda xx

Hi I am having my op on Wednesday in north London on the Whittington and just like you am really excited. The pre op diet is almost over and our new lives can begin we will become the butterflys we were meant to be. in my case its taking over 40 years but never mind.
Good luck and let us know how you are feeling each step of the way.

Okay, today's the day I go in, and tomorrow I should have the operation. So far, not a good start to the day, called up the hospital to find out if they had the bed. But they didn't even know I was having the operation. After calling around, finally they tell me I can come in before 8pm. I have lost 14.33lbs so far. Feeling apprehensive, due to the lack of knowledge surrounding my admission. But hopefully, things shall improve once I get there. If I'm well enough, or have time I'll write something tomorrow, however I'm not much good at this writing malarkey.

Good luck my love! xx

Back