• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow!..only 6 days to go until my life changes forever!

Hi everyone, i am having the Gastric Sleeve op on Monday 19th August, but they want me in on sunday to make sure my asthma is ok. i will be having the op at St Georges Hospital London. I am so Nervous. I am currently doing the 2 weeks liquid diet to shrink my liver - 4 cans of low calorie Weight Watchers soup + 4 low fat low sugar yogurts a day. At first i found it hard but it is getting better.

:character00238:
hi misspanda. good luck with your operation and i suppose its all a new life chaninging operation from now, thought the liquid diet had to be milk ?
bigbeefybuilder

Good luck hun :) xx

hi misspanda. good luck with your operation and i suppose its all a new life chaninging operation from now, thought the liquid diet had to be milk ?
bigbeefybuilder

Hi I was given a choice of 5 pre operative liver shrinkage diets for bariatric surgery. I couldn't do the milk diet because I am lactose intollerant.

Good Luck :)

I am not happy, Not at all operation was cancelled. :raincloud:

:confused::eek::(:cry:

Hi everyone thank you so much for all your messages!... I am not happy, Not at all... because the operation was cancelled. :raincloud:

I went to the hospital on Sunday the day before my op because My asthma is quite bad and the dr from the chest clinic requested it...so on the sunday i call up to make sure they had a bed for me as it states in the letter, to call at 11 o'clock. I called and the hospital and they don't know anything about me or the op...after hours of calling different departments i finally speak to the bed manager about 4pm (who was very rude) and she tell me to come in but to a different ward .

I get to the hospital and they say they don't have my notes. " but don't worry they will get them soon". Before going to bed, I was told i was the first on the list to be done in the morning and that i will have to shower at 6 am to have the operation at 8am...Cool.

About 3 am someone woke me to take my bloods. At 6am i was woken to have my shower and i txt my sister to come because she wanted to see and speak the dr before i have the op.

8 o'clock come and goes and my sister and i are left waiting!...Dr comes and tells me they still can find my notes...so they can not do it untill they find them!. :mad::grumble::rant2:

So another dr comes round at 1 o'clock to say they have now found my note and that i will have the op for 2.30pm but after reading my notes they see that i will need a high dependency unit bed which now because it has taken so long finding my notes that there is no longer one available for me. "but don't worry they are going to sort it out"...funny thing is that there was one booked for me if i had the op at the 8am slot....At 5 o'clock i get told that they can not do the Gastric sleeve op on me today because cant get a HDU bed and they can't do it without one... Love my sister to death she stayed with me the whole time from 7am till i went home.. and it would have cost her more than £20 in parking fees but one of the nurses felt sorry for us and fill out a form so that it only was £10.

I was told that i now have to call to book another date for the Gastric sleeve op... but i have to wait 4 to 5 weeks or more till i can have it done...I work in a school so the summer holidays was the best and only time i could have this op.... i just feel like crying!!!..oh and they tell me now that i should eat as normal.. so i go home and have some food (not a big portion) a small bowl of rice and chicken which come to less than 400 cals...but after not eating anything but soup and yogurt my tummy was not happy and i spent the rest of the night in the bathroom...Hey but i weighed myself today and i am still losing weight 1.5 kg since my last weigh-in. :)

I am now going to call to find out what dates it can be done on and see if i can get time off work for it...I will up date you all as soon as i know any more.XXX

So sorry to hear it was cancelled, how upsetting after all that time and effort.

Hope you get a new date very soon, and fingers crossed for next time.

Last edited:
ah babes - what a complete shame! But I firmly believe that these things happen for a reason - maybe the surgeon was having an off day and the gods decided to keep you out of harms way by 'losing' your notes for you! not much of a consolation, just a witchy way of looking at the world!

and better to have a delay than an outright cancellation with no option of rebooking ....

my heart goes out to you, I would be in floods of tears :(

xxx

Miss panda, l was cancelled as well at St George's,l was already for theatre so l know how you feel. You MUST keep chasing them up, l only had to wait 2 weeks for my op. They were able to give me a new date the day after l was cancelled.

Huge cyber ((((((Hugs)))))))) to you . Getting cancelled is everyone's worst nightmare scenario. Fingers crossed that the five+ weeks wait is so much less than that for you. I don't blame you for being devastated I know I would have been. Chin up hun, you will get there eventually xxx

Great news the time will fly past.

Great - when did you have it? How are you feeling?

Back