• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

A Chance to Start Again

Bling Babe

Ok, so the scales moved this week -4 lbs, so yay!

At the church we have a 'rogues' gallery' with pictures of the staff and important people. My picture was taken about a month before my surgery and I look at it now and almost don't recognize myself. It's funny because back then I didn't think I had a really fat face, guess I was wrong! lol I really need to get it changed now.

@Sarnie I can't even get to see a doc for a med review. Hell, they seem to be actively keeping people away even though my letter from Luton clearly said they wanted me to see a GP. My GP surgery is useless, but most around here seem to be. Guess I'll find out in October if there's a problem. I'm thinking of weaning myself off my BP meds and see how it goes. If it creeps up, I'll go on them again.

I tried doing a beginner's cross training session the other day. Oh my sweet goodness! My legs are still in agony two days later! Squats and lunges are from Satan himself! I'm still waiting to hear when the pool I use will be opening. It looks like it will be in August and you have to pre-book, which is fair enough. The pool I use is pretty tiny, just 3/4 lanes wide and only 16 metres long, so they won't be able to fit too many in. I suspect there won't be a huge rush to get back as most who use that pool are over 70 and a lot are still sticking close to home.

We had a communion service on Wednesday and clearly most everyone who turned up thought that me and the office is exempt from social distancing. The number of them traipsing through... I was actually quite upset by it. Next week I'll have to get there earlier and make sure to put up my door bar thingy to keep them out. It also is getting tiresome hearing how I'm disappearing or wasting away, but I guess I half expected that because a lot of them haven't seen me since before lockdown, so my weight loss over that time is more obvious to them.

Overall, though, I feel tired and have been struggling a bit. I've been more prone to tears than I ever have been in my entire life, which is kind of annoying to be honest. My husband is depressed, which isn't great, but we've been here before. In times like these I think of the words of Julian of Norwich, "...but all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."
Wow what a great loss, well done, you must look like a different person to those who haven’t seen you since lockdown, you do look incredible, absolutely amazing, you made me laugh with your squats and lunges, it does get better but if it’s not your thing that’s fair enough, swimming is really good for the whole body, I’m so happy I’ve booked my first 6 gym sessions, oh my days I never ever thought I’d be feeling pleased about going to the gym!
i hope hubby feels brighter soon, depression is a terrible illness, and you too, maybe the weight loss has affected your hormones which in turn has made you more emotiona. and as for people not social distancing well what can I say, they seem to have no idea of the consequence of not doing it, I wouldn’t mind if it was only themselves they were putting at risk but it’s not it’s everyone else Grrrrrrrr.
without going into too much detail we had a patient today who was getting really angry, shouting and refusing to wear a face covering, I should say that 99.9% of our patients are lovely people who become friends over time, anyway he said he wouldn’t stay if he had to wear one, I know what I would have said if I was in charge.....see ya later, bye bye ! Anyway I’m not in charge so it wasn’t my call I did however point out to him that this was a government ruling not a hospital ruling xxxx

OkieGirl

Wow what a great loss, well done, you must look like a different person to those who haven’t seen you since lockdown, you do look incredible, absolutely amazing, you made me laugh with your squats and lunges, it does get better but if it’s not your thing that’s fair enough, swimming is really good for the whole body, I’m so happy I’ve booked my first 6 gym sessions, oh my days I never ever thought I’d be feeling pleased about going to the gym!
i hope hubby feels brighter soon, depression is a terrible illness, and you too, maybe the weight loss has affected your hormones which in turn has made you more emotiona. and as for people not social distancing well what can I say, they seem to have no idea of the consequence of not doing it, I wouldn’t mind if it was only themselves they were putting at risk but it’s not it’s everyone else Grrrrrrrr.
without going into too much detail we had a patient today who was getting really angry, shouting and refusing to wear a face covering, I should say that 99.9% of our patients are lovely people who become friends over time, anyway he said he wouldn’t stay if he had to wear one, I know what I would have said if I was in charge.....see ya later, bye bye ! Anyway I’m not in charge so it wasn’t my call I did however point out to him that this was a government ruling not a hospital ruling xxxx

I'm getting to the stage where if I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror, either face only or whole body I do a double take. I have changed so much over the last year and a half and am almost, literally, half the woman I was. I'm more than happy to put up with the minor annoyances that come with the surgery because the benefits far outstrip them.

I finally quit hurting and walking around the house like a decrepit cowboy who's been on the trail too long and so did another cross training session yesterday and I'm not hurting like I did the first time, so... progress? I'll do it again in a couple of days. Still can't wait to get swimming again.

Richie's a bit better and although he's still working hard (it's just part of who he is, unfortunately) he is also stepping back from some of the extra work he'd taken on for a bit and I think having some of that pressure off is helping. He's still upset and annoyed by some of the changes that's going on with his job at the garage though and that really is the source of his depression and always has been. Maybe one of these days he can finally get away from there. It's been our hope for years, though.

You know, I don't get these people who are so against wearing masks. I've got a lot of friends and family in the US who, no word of a lie, are shouting and screaming on Facebook about how being told to wear a mask is a violation of their personal freedoms, that Big Pharma is shafting us all and that all diseases could be cured but they are stopping the scientists (but the scientists are actually in cahoots with Big Pharma) but even if they could cure everything they would refuse the treatment because of potential tracking devices in said treatment. Oh, and stores asking people to pay by card only is a way to force us into a cashless society and usher in the New World Order and how we're all going to end up with the mark of the beast (gotta love borderline fundie Christians...). Also, social democracy will most definitely lead us right into outright communism. This is just the tip of the iceberg of conspiracy theories. Some of these people I have known my whole life and am shocked by their insanity because they never did or said any of this crap when I was younger! It's exhausting and so I've started avoiding Facebook as well and I put some of the most vocal/annoying on mute for a month.

One day life will be 'normal' again. I hope.

Bling Babe

Some people are Truly unbelievable and almost laughable, hey well done for hitting the cross trainer again, when does your pool open, I done my first gym session this morning.
im not surprised you have to do a double take, you really do look like a different person and very beautiful too xx

OkieGirl

Some people are Truly unbelievable and almost laughable, hey well done for hitting the cross trainer again, when does your pool open, I done my first gym session this morning.
im not surprised you have to do a double take, you really do look like a different person and very beautiful too xx

The gym is opening up next week but the pool is still a question, although they keep saying later in August, which is fine. How was your first gym session back?

Bling Babe

The gym is opening up next week but the pool is still a question, although they keep saying later in August, which is fine. How was your first gym session back?
Aw I hope it’s soon for you, my first session was great (did I say the words great and gym in one sentenc) I felt very safe at 5.30am there were only 4 of us there. X

Sarnie

Ok, so the scales moved this week -4 lbs, so yay!

At the church we have a 'rogues' gallery' with pictures of the staff and important people. My picture was taken about a month before my surgery and I look at it now and almost don't recognize myself. It's funny because back then I didn't think I had a really fat face, guess I was wrong! lol I really need to get it changed now.

@Sarnie I can't even get to see a doc for a med review. Hell, they seem to be actively keeping people away even though my letter from Luton clearly said they wanted me to see a GP. My GP surgery is useless, but most around here seem to be. Guess I'll find out in October if there's a problem. I'm thinking of weaning myself off my BP meds and see how it goes. If it creeps up, I'll go on them again.

I tried doing a beginner's cross training session the other day. Oh my sweet goodness! My legs are still in agony two days later! Squats and lunges are from Satan himself! I'm still waiting to hear when the pool I use will be opening. It looks like it will be in August and you have to pre-book, which is fair enough. The pool I use is pretty tiny, just 3/4 lanes wide and only 16 metres long, so they won't be able to fit too many in. I suspect there won't be a huge rush to get back as most who use that pool are over 70 and a lot are still sticking close to home.

We had a communion service on Wednesday and clearly most everyone who turned up thought that me and the office is exempt from social distancing. The number of them traipsing through... I was actually quite upset by it. Next week I'll have to get there earlier and make sure to put up my door bar thingy to keep them out. It also is getting tiresome hearing how I'm disappearing or wasting away, but I guess I half expected that because a lot of them haven't seen me since before lockdown, so my weight loss over that time is more obvious to them.

Overall, though, I feel tired and have been struggling a bit. I've been more prone to tears than I ever have been in my entire life, which is kind of annoying to be honest. My husband is depressed, which isn't great, but we've been here before. In times like these I think of the words of Julian of Norwich, "...but all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."
Well done on the 4lbs loss.
I'm back at work now in a mini supermarket, although head office assured me all their shops are covid safe I don't see this in my shop, only thing that had changed is that we have to wear masks, well I can only wear a face shield, cannot breathe in a mask. They have hand sanitiser dotted around to use, but I don't see anyone use it ever, including staff, no antibaccing either, I cleaned the counter down and clearly it hadn't been done in a long time, I was probably the last one to do it 4 1/2 months ago, wouldn't surprise me. Social distancing of sorts and so many customers come in without a mask and we are not allowed to even enquire why they are not wearing one, but luckily I'm most behind a screen and also my face shield.
Maybe you are deficienct in something if you are feeling low, have you tried Sanatogen tonic, I found that quite good as a pick me up. But you need to get it checked out. I hope your husband pick up soon too xx

OkieGirl

Hey all, hope you're keeping well in these crazy times! Honestly, why are people starting to hoard toilet paper again? :rolleyes:

After a long struggle with getting the weight to shift, it's finally moving downwards steadily, almost back to the 2lbs a week it was pre-lockdown. I'm currently weighing 222lbs/15.8st/100.6kg and still have about 5st to go.

The pool opened up again mid-August. It's been great being able to get back in the pool, but the problem is because not all of the pools here in our area are open as well as the fact that they're running on shorter hours and you have to pre-book your sessions, my tiny pool that I go to often is packed out. Some of them that turn up act as if they're in the Olympic trials - even though they are terrible swimmers that look as though they're a stroke or two away from drowning as they flap their arms about wildly, kicking madly and making the pool a splashy, wavy mess. Yes, I know, it's a pool, it's going to happen, but it would probably be easier to swim in the wake of an aircraft carrier! That aside, I am glad to be able to swim again.

The saga of my B12 injections continues, as they are currently booked solid, so although I'm due for it next week, it won't happen until October. The receptionist snottily told me that I can book appointments a month in advance, but the last time I tried to I was told you could only book 2 weeks in advance! She said she'd try and squeeze me in and call me and let me know and I've yet to hear a dickie bird. I honestly don't think she is a very organized person and always seems to be in a flap and huffs and puffs all the time like everything is just too much effort. I know that dealing with the public is crap sometimes and that some people deserve to be talked down to, but not everyone is a jerk!

Also, the mystery surrounding what might be going on my with parathyroid is hopefully going to be solved soon. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that I feel like I've got a lump in my throat when I swallow and my voice is being affected (I practically can't sing now because it cuts out in the middle of notes). I put in a request to see a doc, which they pretty much are forcing you to do via their website. It took a week to hear that they would sort out an appointment for me and another week to finally get the appointment. When I went in, the bloke I saw wasn't actually a doctor, he was more of an urgent care/triage person and all my notes said for him was 'lump in throat'. I was furious. I spent time spelling out exactly what the issue was and all about the blood tests I had weeks ago that probably got routed to Luton. On the plus side, the guy I saw was a RNY patient as well and had his surgery about the same time I did, so he at least had some understanding of my experience! At any rate, both he and the doctor that he called in to examine me as well could feel a lump in the area of my thyroid, but it's not fixed and is moveable. I've got an ultrasound scan next Friday morning and the doc that came in to see me as well is going to chase up those blood results from Luton, at least that was the impression he gave me.

At this stage I'm not going to worry until they give me something to worry about, which is easier said than done. I would rather not be having issues, but I'd much rather have problems with my parathyroid (which controls the amount of calcium in your blood) rather than my thyroid, which could potentially derail my weight loss. I feel fine in myself, still have plenty of energy and still am finding that I'm more mobile and capable than I have been in years. This surgery is still in the top five best things to happen to me, even if it has potentially sparked off this problem with my parathyroid!

Bling Babe

Hey all, hope you're keeping well in these crazy times! Honestly, why are people starting to hoard toilet paper again? :rolleyes:

After a long struggle with getting the weight to shift, it's finally moving downwards steadily, almost back to the 2lbs a week it was pre-lockdown. I'm currently weighing 222lbs/15.8st/100.6kg and still have about 5st to go.

The pool opened up again mid-August. It's been great being able to get back in the pool, but the problem is because not all of the pools here in our area are open as well as the fact that they're running on shorter hours and you have to pre-book your sessions, my tiny pool that I go to often is packed out. Some of them that turn up act as if they're in the Olympic trials - even though they are terrible swimmers that look as though they're a stroke or two away from drowning as they flap their arms about wildly, kicking madly and making the pool a splashy, wavy mess. Yes, I know, it's a pool, it's going to happen, but it would probably be easier to swim in the wake of an aircraft carrier! That aside, I am glad to be able to swim again.

The saga of my B12 injections continues, as they are currently booked solid, so although I'm due for it next week, it won't happen until October. The receptionist snottily told me that I can book appointments a month in advance, but the last time I tried to I was told you could only book 2 weeks in advance! She said she'd try and squeeze me in and call me and let me know and I've yet to hear a dickie bird. I honestly don't think she is a very organized person and always seems to be in a flap and huffs and puffs all the time like everything is just too much effort. I know that dealing with the public is crap sometimes and that some people deserve to be talked down to, but not everyone is a jerk!

Also, the mystery surrounding what might be going on my with parathyroid is hopefully going to be solved soon. Over the last few weeks I have noticed that I feel like I've got a lump in my throat when I swallow and my voice is being affected (I practically can't sing now because it cuts out in the middle of notes). I put in a request to see a doc, which they pretty much are forcing you to do via their website. It took a week to hear that they would sort out an appointment for me and another week to finally get the appointment. When I went in, the bloke I saw wasn't actually a doctor, he was more of an urgent care/triage person and all my notes said for him was 'lump in throat'. I was furious. I spent time spelling out exactly what the issue was and all about the blood tests I had weeks ago that probably got routed to Luton. On the plus side, the guy I saw was a RNY patient as well and had his surgery about the same time I did, so he at least had some understanding of my experience! At any rate, both he and the doctor that he called in to examine me as well could feel a lump in the area of my thyroid, but it's not fixed and is moveable. I've got an ultrasound scan next Friday morning and the doc that came in to see me as well is going to chase up those blood results from Luton, at least that was the impression he gave me.

At this stage I'm not going to worry until they give me something to worry about, which is easier said than done. I would rather not be having issues, but I'd much rather have problems with my parathyroid (which controls the amount of calcium in your blood) rather than my thyroid, which could potentially derail my weight loss. I feel fine in myself, still have plenty of energy and still am finding that I'm more mobile and capable than I have been in years. This surgery is still in the top five best things to happen to me, even if it has potentially sparked off this problem with my parathyroid!
oh @OkieGirl thats such a shame although I do understand your end point completely, I just hope that things start to move for you quickly now, I have to say I’ve been lucky with my B12 so far, I’m due to call them next week for my next appointment so fingers crossed it’ll go well too, I’m getting so frustrated by the amount of time I’m hearing stories like yours, either can’t get to see a GP or has to wait weeks to see one, in my opinion it’s wrong! Apparently GP’s have been told they need to start seeing patients again, I can’t see that happening any time soon. As for the receptionist, if this happens to me I like to ask them very politely if they like their job, followed by words to the effect lplease don’t talk to me with that attitude, I am being polite to you and I see no reason why you shouldn’t be returning that politeness“ I sometimes point out that I would never speak to my patients in that way too, works every time, even better face to face so you can see them squirm whilst wishing the ground would open up and swallow them 😉.
a big huge congratulations on your loss, you are incredible, well done xxxx

Lalapo

I’m so surprised that the surgery have not kept upto date with your B12, mine have been excellen, 12 weeks to the day, give them a nudge.
huge congratulations on the Tesco clothe’s, it Saves so much money not having to shop at specialis stores.
I was told by Zen, my one time dietician at L and D that our calorie intake should be 800 to 1000 for life !!! My Fitbit logs between 15,000 and 25,000 every day, I’ll let you do the maths 😉 my calories are rarely below 1,000 (usually much more of late) but I’ve been really trying this week.
I understand your fear but try not to worry, your stall WILL end, your doing so very well.
i hope you get on well with you GP, give Luton a nudge too about the letter xx

this post is soo helpful to me right now thank you

Sarnie

I've just had my B12 jab, luckily I've never had a problem getting it. Some of the WLS girls have been put on B12 tablets which I think is disgusting as it's well known we cannot absorb it that way, hence the injections.
Sorry to hear about your throat, but at least as its not attached as such makes it much less sinister thank god. I'm pleased for you, if not a tad jealous your weight is shifting again, mine still stuck at 16 stone, I've been off to maintain it lol.
I've had a fiasco with my last blood test, I was sent a blood test form in the post last April to have blood test done locally, which I did. A few weeks later I looked on Patient Access for the results, there were none, so I called my doctor who said they go straight back to Luton the records not held locally. In my phone appointment last Friday with Luton, she said I've not had a blood test done in a year! I said I have, in April. They have no record of it either, she then said the dieticians at Luton are told not to send out forms to other areas as they do not share info, yet some dieticians keep doing this and it's a waste of time, you need to get a blood test actioned from your own doctor and then Luton will request the results. I don't know if that is what you got sent from Luton?? X

OkieGirl

The next day after posting my last update I got a call from a nurse from my useless doctor's surgery and so I did get my B12 after all. I'm glad I did because I think I was really needing it because I'd been getting this really awful mental fog that I just could not shift. Not so much being tired, but just literally being really forgetful and just easily muddled. After the shot, it cleared up.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my parathyroid and am no further along. I did get an ultrasound scan and they found that there was some swelling in the area, but said there was no cause for concern, but it's like... uh... there shouldn't be any swelling! When I swallow I can feel it there still. It's just annoying.

At the end of November I've got an appointment at Luton, but after having just read @Sarnie's update, I will give them a ring Monday!

At the moment I'm stuck at 219-222. I drop to 219 and then jump up to 222 and have been doing that since the end of September. I really do not want to stop here. I want to keep going. It's so weird because at my biggest, nearly 30st, I didn't think I was that big. Now that I'm at what seems a lot of people deem 'acceptable' (You know what I mean, big but not so big that I'm freakish according to societal standards) I feel like I'm actually quite massive. When I get a glimpse of myself in a mirror or a glass door, I am shocked that in that split second I look 'normal' but then remember just how much more I would like to lose. Fat brain sucks.

Bling Babe

The next day after posting my last update I got a call from a nurse from my useless doctor's surgery and so I did get my B12 after all. I'm glad I did because I think I was really needing it because I'd been getting this really awful mental fog that I just could not shift. Not so much being tired, but just literally being really forgetful and just easily muddled. After the shot, it cleared up.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with my parathyroid and am no further along. I did get an ultrasound scan and they found that there was some swelling in the area, but said there was no cause for concern, but it's like... uh... there shouldn't be any swelling! When I swallow I can feel it there still. It's just annoying.

At the end of November I've got an appointment at Luton, but after having just read @Sarnie's update, I will give them a ring Monday!

At the moment I'm stuck at 219-222. I drop to 219 and then jump up to 222 and have been doing that since the end of September. I really do not want to stop here. I want to keep going. It's so weird because at my biggest, nearly 30st, I didn't think I was that big. Now that I'm at what seems a lot of people deem 'acceptable' (You know what I mean, big but not so big that I'm freakish according to societal standards) I feel like I'm actually quite massive. When I get a glimpse of myself in a mirror or a glass door, I am shocked that in that split second I look 'normal' but then remember just how much more I would like to lose. Fat brain sucks.
It does suck! After putting on my stone I feel massive but I know I look better, not so skeletal, it really messes with my head x

OkieGirl

It does suck! After putting on my stone I feel massive but I know I look better, not so skeletal, it really messes with my head x

lol, you know what I both love and hate? It's a weird thing. It's my collar bones. I love that I can see them, but I cannot stand the feel of them! If I have an itch in that area and scratch it, it's actually uncomfortable!

Bling Babe

lol, you know what I both love and hate? It's a weird thing. It's my collar bones. I love that I can see them, but I cannot stand the feel of them! If I have an itch in that area and scratch it, it's actually uncomfortable!
And catching your hip on a door or something really hurts because the ”protection” has gone.
my daughter love my collar bones holes, she’s has shown me some tiny Chinese girls on the internet who have a picture of a fish in water in the cavity!

OkieGirl

I still need to contact L&D to try and find out if they still want me to go in. I hope not.

Got to speak to my local GP regarding my thyroid though! The scans showed a milky cyst or nodule and so I have to go in on the 17th for blood tests for my thyroid. At least there is some forward movement with this. It'd be good to get it sorted because feeling this lump every time I swallow and talk is actually very annoying!

Bling Babe

I still need to contact L&D to try and find out if they still want me to go in. I hope not.

Got to speak to my local GP regarding my thyroid though! The scans showed a milky cyst or nodule and so I have to go in on the 17th for blood tests for my thyroid. At least there is some forward movement with this. It'd be good to get it sorted because feeling this lump every time I swallow and talk is actually very annoying!
Aw so glad you’ve got answers and your moving forward albeit slowly, I hope it can be treated really soon x

OkieGirl

LOL, how's this for a new development?

I have a sore tailbone. I've lost enough padding (my butt is still rather sizeable!) that if I'm not careful, I end up with REALLY sore tailbone. No one warned me of this! :rotflmao:

Sarnie

LOL, how's this for a new development?

I have a sore tailbone. I've lost enough padding (my butt is still rather sizeable!) that if I'm not careful, I end up with REALLY sore tailbone. No one warned me of this! :rotflmao:
I went through a phase of that too, it still hurts sometimes, but not as bad as it did, and I've still got plenty of padding on my butt so I don't understand it really lol.
I hope you don't wait too long before they sort your thyroid out x

OkieGirl

I went through a phase of that too, it still hurts sometimes, but not as bad as it did, and I've still got plenty of padding on my butt so I don't understand it really lol.
I hope you don't wait too long before they sort your thyroid out x

Glad to know it's not just me!

I spoke to L&D today and apparently my appointment has been changed to an online one and I've not been sent any details! The bloke I spoke to will send the letter out to me.

On 19th November I go to have some blood drawn so they can see what my thyroid is up to so I guess it's a step closer to some answers.

OkieGirl

Had an appointment with L&D last Friday. So, after having been told that it was a video appointment and taking a camera in to work with me, I got a call on my mobile. :rolleyes: The woman I spoke to seemed baffled as to why I had an appointment and thought that I'd requested it. All I could tell her was that I was doing well, that I'd lost more since my 1 year check and that what ever is going on with my parathyroid is being checked, albeit slowly. That was it. She wasn't even going to ask what my weight was!