• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

went to sleep at 10pm , and needed a wee every hour until gone 2am ! Come on bladder for gods sake ! Behave yourself and let me sleep !

Woke up feeling pretty good though , a little heady but no headache .
I actually feel ' awake ' if that makes sense . Usually I could happily roll over sideways and take another nap lol ! But I actually am alert ..
At work all day again and it's going to be a busy day as we are closed for the next 2 days due to bank hols ..
Seems the weather is on the turn also :( . I really wanted to get out in the garden and prune and tie back my roses ..

Here's to another good minute and another good day :)
Mindy
Xxxx

Morning Mindy,

I too am feeling very awake. I think it's probably because my body isn't having to recover from the normal Friday night food and wine consumption!!!

I've work up fresh for the last two days. Like you I could have rolled back over before. So that's a positive sign x x

Bad mood over...it's just frustrating at times...someone told me I had a 'lovely face' it's almost like saying doesn't matter that your big you've got a 'pretty face' I get that a lot!! Very annoying although I know people mean no harm really x x

So here's to healthier knees and more happy times with families and friends. Off to make my porridge!

Not long now until we are out the other end...so to speak!!

:clap::clap:Thank you Daisy !
It's getting easier every hour , I don't feel as sluggish as usual this time of day , when I'm reaching for a sandwich and a packet of crisps because the co op is next door ! Just had a boiled egg and a huge pear :)
Time is flying by as work is very busy today :clap: :clap: hooray !
Mindy
Xx

Really had a bad afternoon . Could not get my energy levels to raise at all and just had to sit down at work for an hour .. I didn't feel shaky or ill , I just could not find energy to move , even opening the till , my hands and arms didn't want to lift ..
Feels like Im staring in from outside and I am daydreaming a lot , spacing out ..
Ate some strawberries , a boiled egg and a pear and did make it through till 6pm. Came home , fed the cats and dragged myself upstairs with a pack of cooked chicken , laid sideways on the bed and slept for an hour , only woke up because one of my cats was trying to get into my chicken ! Cheeky boy ..
So glad the weather is supposed to be bad tomorrow as this gives me an excuse to have a good lay in ..
Let's hope my bladder allows me to sleep tonight :)
Night all
Happy Easter and don't forget to change your clocks
Mindy
Xxxx

Last edited:
Try making smoothies using your allowance of food and drink I found this worked miracles. I had one day of shakes, headaches and feeling like I've been run over which was three days in to pre op diet then thinking about what nutrition I needed I created veg and fruit based smoothies. Kale or spinach, water or cold green tea, strawberries or peach and a bit of ice and blitz about 2 glasses a day. I found it worked.

Happy Easter Sunday everyone !

Wanted a bit of a lie in this morning as hubby had to go to , work early , but ! ..
The nesting sparrows in my roof , right beside my bedroom window , decided to start world war 3 ! Wow they sure do squabble ! Even my cat Alfie jumped up on the windowsill to try and scare them into silence , but then they started on him !
They turned into football hooligans and I could hear them swearing at Alfie in Sparrowish !

Havnt had anything to eat yet but did have a cup,of tea with a splash of milk , and took that's back to bed where I'm watching spring lambs on the TV . I'm getting images of jars of mint sauce above their little heads :0
Got on them scales to spur me on and I've lost an incredible 9lbs !
Wahhhoooo !
Mindy
Xxxx

Smoothies ! Now why didn't I think of that !
So do I cook the greens before hand ?
As I'm not allowed milk , just a splash in my tea , what do I sue for liquid ? Bovril ? Yes I can boil down a breast and with all the greens , then blitz it down ..! Bit more easier to stomach ..
Cheers !
Xxx

I'd like to start a new thread about what we hate about being over weight .
Be it the stares , the rude comments , chairs , travelling etc .. Even personal and hygiene ..
Mindy
Xxx

I will go first , I warn you I am pretty blunt about myself lol !

I hate the way I can smell sometimes . That horrible smelly fungus that can grow under boobs and an overhanging belly .. When you've had a hot busy day and this fungus grows in those pockets that are damp and rub . Even though I shower every day it can happen in summer esp . I even get that fungus behind my knees as my legs are very large and the skin meets there ..

So so many
Buying clothing because it fitted, not because you liked it.

Telling so many lies, No I'm fine standing - what you really mean is my legs back ankles are killing me but your plastic garden chairs wont take my weight, I'm not that warm so I'll keep my jacket on - means I'm trying to hide my flab under this tent of a jacket, I love watching kids cartoons - means I will stay in the lounge on a chair I know will hold me rather than stand outside.

Parking at the far end of the carpark as you need to make sure no 1 parks next to you otherwise you can't get in the car door, but then needing to lean on a trolley to get to the supermarket.

There are zillions more but I'll let others have a go :)

I to am scared of chairs ..
If I am invited out to bbqs I panic , I make excuses so I don't have to go incase they only have those plastic white chairs , or the first thing I do is seek out a wall , or something that will take my weight . My husband is so good though , he's usually got me something sorted before I go into embarrass mode ..
Even in pubs/ restaurants I will change a chair for a stronger one ..
Mindy
Xxx

Ok
Not being part of society
Feeling the need to opt of normal things like; holidays, parties, meals out, family walks, ect
Feeling paranoid about being talked about
Hurting all the time
Wobbling fat
Wearing clothes that are so unfashionable
Having awful painful bm several times a day
Yes agreeing....smelling
Not having intimacy with my partner because I'm too embarrassed after 20 years
Lack of will to live
Feeling not worthy
To name a few things. However things are getting better

I to am scared of chairs ..
If I am invited out to bbqs I panic , I make excuses so I don't have to go incase they only have those plastic white chairs , or the first thing I do is seek out a wall , or something that will take my weight . My husband is so good though , he's usually got me something sorted before I go into embarrass mode ..
Even in pubs/ restaurants I will change a chair for a stronger one ..
Mindy
Xxx

Yes those spindly legged bamboo chairs in some restaurants, but even now wearing my size 8 jeans I still check out chairs and wonder if I can fit through gaps, and will walk around the outside of a restaurant rather than say excuse me as I squeeze past!

Blossom
How are you doing and feeling ! Have you dropped any weight on your pre op diet ?
Mindy
Xx

1. being the happy,funny chubby mate and somertimes c**k blocker to my oh so thin and beautiful "friends"
2.panic when seated on a plane/car and the belt not fittingaround me
3.clothes with very little or worst still no colour as colour makes you stand out and why on earth would you want to stand out any more than you do ...stick with black its so slimming!
4.creaking chairs and beds
5.standing when on transport as seating by yourself as you don't want to squash anyone or have anyone feel there is not enough space to sit next to you or god forbid they catch the "fat bug" and end up been big themselves !
6. hearing people trying to find the right words to describe me,stout,big boned ,jolly(my personal favorite....not!)so not to upset me
and breath!

My knees making grinding noises while I'm struggling to shave my legs while stood in the shower
Having zero sex drive
Hiding behind my desk at work and pretending to be busy when new people come in so they don't get to see how big I am
Stuffing food in private so I can't be frowned at
Feeling shop floors move and shake when I walk on them
Wearing dreary huge long tops
Washing myself down below as I can't reach without it being an effort , esp behind !
Breathless
Hanging on and pulling myself up using the stair handrail
Bra wires that dig into my armpit fat

My god where do I start.

not being able to go into high street shops and buy half decent clothes at half the price of evans.
gave up wearing under wired bras years ago as the wire rubs on the spare tyre.
wearing wide fitting shoes cos cant get me toes in normal width.
having to wear mens socks size 7 to 11 as ladies are too tight.

looking for a parking space where there is no one parked in the next space so I can open the car door fully to get out.

all of the above have got better since starting my journey

Back