• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

With you on the shoe width and socks size :|

Oh then there's breaking 1 divan bed and 2 wooden bed frames, going through 2 mattresses in 3years, breaking a leather 3 seater sofa and armchair, knowing that deep down people are embarrassed about the size I am, having to order a 6xl work shirt with someone who's in a small, children being scared of me because of my size, being told to grow up and take charge of my life and weight by a dr, having to stand in the dentist waiting room as all chairs have arms, wearing big pants and still getting a wedgie, letting people use me as a joke,

Also raw kale raw baby leaf spinach, peaches, raspberry, strawberry, cold green tea without milk, water so much nutrition from raw.

Beepbeep
I currently sleep on a wooden slatted bed but hubby has re-enforced it by laying MDF across the slats .
Yes , being the butt of jokes , even non malicious by friends / family , when they tease but with said with love , my brother calls me Big Girl , but it's said as an endearment .
Just passed my driving test at the age of 53 and finding I am actually to fat to drive safely as the steering wheel touches my belly and thighs ! The seat belt fits but only just as I have the seat pushed right back and tilted down slightly .
Having to use a mobility scooter at my age ( even though I do love it at the same time ! ) and have people judge me . You can see it in their faces and eyes can't you ?

Beep
So I put it all in together in a blender with the green tea and whizz it up ? Do I need to strain it before drinking ?

Hi Mindy,

The smoothie suggestion sounds great.

I'm ok Mindy. But yesterday was really hard. We celebrated Easter with family and it makes you realise how much life is centered around food...Easter lunch, eggs everywhere etc!! I was also really washed out and just kept falling asleep...not good. Only 10 days left now though and even less for you!

My pre op is this Friday. When's yours? Feeling nervous? More thatanything I just get this frustrated feeling of why have I got so big and why can't I fix it myself? Without surgery? But hey ho I've tried and tried. My dad had a gastric bypass 14 years ago and it's the best thing he did. He truly is a different man.

I'm working from home today...not such a bad thing the weather is shocking...I might need to hide my daughters eggs though...or I might add them to my shakes or soups!!!

Take care and have a great day.

Ps) I'm gonna weigh myself on Wed so I will let you know hunny!

People thinking that I've let myself go

Perceptions that I'm lazy

Being the fat girl on the school run and nights out

Photographs

Thigh rub!!!!

The shops thinking that I want to wear a tent and not something trendy

Aeroplane seats!!

Feeling out of control with my eating and the frustrations that come with that...

Being on a lifetime diet!!!

Feeling odd today
Not ill or anything , just a new feeling .. I feel empty ... Not hungry , just empty . Bowels , stomach , intestines , it's an odd sensation .
Stepped on scales and have now lost a rediculous 10lbs since
Tuesday ! What the hell ! I keep shaking my head and wondering if the scales are making an April fool out of me .
Yesterday I took advice about liquidising my diet ..
I put 2 breast in slow cooker , a whole cabbage , a whole bag of baby spinach and a whole bag of chopped kale , water , a veg stock pot and a chicken stock pot and a dash of Worcester . Let it cook for 6 hours in low then pulverised the ugly looking mess that greeted me when I lifted the lid .. Let it sit to cool off while I took a time out with a face pack , nail paint and long shower , thinking that now every time I shave my legs it's going to get easier , it's going to easier to wash myself , it's going to get easier and one day I won't have to shoe horn myself through the shower door one boob at a time ..
Warmed up my bowl of greenish sloop ( it resembles a cow pat I kid you not ) and surprise it wasn't to bad ! So I warmed up a lot more and tipped it into my flask and took it upstairs with me .
I live most of life in my bedroom when I'm at home . The bathroom is upstairs and I cannot cope going up and down the stairs , breathless and knees hurting like hell .
So now I'm sitting in the coffee house and have been in here for well over an hour , reading through another diary on here , she has lost an incredible 14st ! And I'm staring out the window wondering what my life will be like in a year times , when Spring is just popping her head up ..
Will I be the woman out there in jeans and a jumper and some wedge boots . Will I be able to go into the city on the bus and be able to manage a walk around without my scooter .
Will I be able to walk around the shops with my husband holding hands like that woman instead of him walking beside my scooter .
Thinner people take for granted what they are able to do on a daily basis don't they ? Even as I watch a woman just casually get out of the armchair opposite me , without help , she just asks her legs to lift her and they obey .
Why have I allowed myself to get like this . I am a lively friendly person , full of life and vitality but it's outside , it's just my head , my brain that's this fantastic person , not this body I'm dragging around.
I want to grow old with him , I want to be like the adorable couple I can see , holding hands , walking slow , both well into their 80s ..
I no longer want people to feel sorry for me , I hate that to my very core , I am not a weak person , I am an extremely strong person , with anything but food .. Maybe that's how I cope with stress , by being strong I've actually created a weakness in myself ..

We've never had money for luxuries so to speak , but here I am spending £6,000 totally on me, I feel so selfish , but so damn happy about it at the same time .

Why has it taken me so long with so much pain to get to this point . Dunno .. I know we all need to walk our own path and make our own choices , and looking back I would never ever change anything about my life , apart from getting so huge ..
But my close friend told me a while ago when we had that same discussion about changing things . She said she didn't think I would still be married . I was so shocked at this statement .. Until she explained why she thought it ..
She said that I have such a love for life and laughs and that as I am a full on flirt ( I love men lol ) she said that she thought the only reason I never acted on those flirts was the fact I am overweight . I don't have trouble attracting men , I can flirt my way out of anything really , but that statement stopped me in my tracks .
She said she thought my weight had kept me grounded all those years .. And I think she is right . Would I have hurt my adorable husband ? Yes I probably would if I had been a skinny Minnie .
So in one way my weight has saved me from making huge mistakes . I adore and worship my hubby , he is my sole purpose in life . My anchor .. He's a true Angel and my best friend .. We've been together 35 years now .. Wow !
As you can guess I have a full range of emotions running through me this morning so apologies if this has bored you by reading through , but doing this diary is very liberating .
Been in this coffee house for the best part of 2 hours now and I think I had better move before they charge me rent !
The weather has brightened so I had better make my move ..

Mindy
Xxxx

Last edited:
Toenails, not being able to cut them and breathe at the same time!

Now I have the prettiest toenails ever cut weekly and painted 2-3 times a week :D

Roflll @ cutting toenails and breathing at same time ! So true !

I to am scared of chairs ..
If I am invited out to bbqs I panic , I make excuses so I don't have to go incase they only have those plastic white chairs , or the first thing I do is seek out a wall , or something that will take my weight . My husband is so good though , he's usually got me something sorted before I go into embarrass mode ..
Even in pubs/ restaurants I will change a chair for a stronger one ..
Mindy
Xxx
Yes, I scan rooms for chairs that don't have arms, or spindly legs. Also gaps wide enough between tables to get through. I have realised that if you say excuse me to someone in a crowded place to let you through they are only able to judge you needing the amount of space that they need.

Hey Blossom
My pre op appointment is tomorrow ! Omg ! Tomorrow ! That means 1 week to go , this time next week I will be deff be shaving my legs and painting my toe nails !

I don't and have never owned a pair of slippers in my life so I'm not going to buy a pair to wear just for one night , hubby says I can borrow his and he doesn't mind if I tread the backs down Awww bless him ..
What exactly do I need to take in with me ? Towel ? Any meds I take , makeup so I don't scare anyone ! I get night sweats so I'm taking my travel night fan .. Wash bag etc ..
Can I take my own lime cordial ?
How long can hubby stay ?
I must not forget to tell them that I have a condition called RSD ( rhythmic sleep disorder ) which means I rock my head from side to side during sleep . Imagine me doing this when I come round ! They may think I'm having some sort of fit !
Time to sleep , my eyes are so heavy from reading everything I can about the op ..
Goodnight all
Mindy
Xxxx

Pre op appointment day today arghhh im so excited !

Yesterday was an emotional day indeed ..
But this morning I'm chipper and happy and wanting to get on with my day :)
My appointment isn't until 5pm so I have a few things to go do this morning ..
Bank the rest of my savings tins so I can the surgery bill is top of my list !
Then I'm off to have my grotty nails infilled , I know I will have to take nail varnish off for the op though :(
This morning I have had 2 dry fried eggs and drizzled Bovril over them as they cooked , don't frown ! They tasted great ! Honest , try it !
Then a nice big juicy pear that slooped juice down my chin as I destroyed it !
Looks like I might be getting wet as I trundle along on my mobility scooter to the bank !
Well perfect !
Mindy
Xxx

Feeling a lot better this evening .. Headache passed mid afternoon and I got one dose of the shakes . I ate a small teaspoon of peanut butter ( the consultant said it was OK as long as it was a small amount ) and the shakes passed within 5 mins ..
I hopefully won't have to use the peanut butter as my body adjusts to no carbs .
It's deff a withdrawal and would be so easy to give in to your body calling .. But I feel focused

Glad to hear your feeling better and it was probably the carb withdrawal, keep your fluids up which should help with the hunger and headaches x

Good luck with your pre op today and massive well done on losing 10lbs, that's amazing!

It was lovely reading what you said about your husband being your solemate and your rock as your going to need him more than ever.

My husband never has an issue with my weight, he actualy likes women with a bit of meat and fears I'll be like a bag on bones. When I first explored weight loss surgery back in 2012 he was so against it as I was considering going abroad as it was cheaper, he asked me to try everything else first which I did.

A few weeks ago I'd been making enquiries again but didnt tell him as I presumed he would be dead against it, I was waiting for the right moment to bring up the subject again but at the sametime I was feeeling resentment towards him as I thought he wouldnt approve and it didnt feel fair as its my body. Anyway, he actually suggested it one night which completely astounded me, he said he knew I was struggling and wasnt happy in myself and that i should go for it, it was such a massive relief I could have cried.

I'm so excited for you Mindy and best of luck today x

Hi Noodle !
Mine to likes a woman who has meat , he has a crush on Dawn French !
But again like yours , he knows I'm struggling and drowning under this weight .
I often wonder if a person with a good BMI had to carry 15st around every day ? would they be able to ? But then I suppose our muscles underneath must be akin to body builders ! Imagine how strong they are to work like they do !
I feel so awake , so alert ..
Mindy
Xxx

Hi Noodle !
Mine to likes a woman who has meat , he has a crush on Dawn French !
But again like yours , he knows I'm struggling and drowning under this weight .
I often wonder if a person with a good BMI had to carry 15st around every day ? would they be able to ? But then I suppose our muscles underneath must be akin to body builders ! Imagine how strong they are to work like they do !
I feel so awake , so alert ..
Mindy
Xxx

Thats so funny as my husband has a Vicar of Dibley crush too! lol

He likes the happier more confident person when I'm slimmer though and totally gets it. x

Back