• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

I just read your post in the banders cafe too. So glad it all went well :) I've no doubt you've got your head round what you need to do next x

I can feel it's tighter definitely as I can't get a burp up properly and feels like there is a slight lump in my throat , but that will pass like it did after the op .. On liquids all day so won't know how much I can eat as of yet , but I won't be pushing it ..
Mindy
Xxxx

Good luck with the new fill.

Hi Mindy. Have not been around for a few weeks so wanted to see how you were getting on. Great to see your losses and read about how you are now feeling. :)

I've seen on here a couple of times people who have the band then go on to have a sleeve ....
Why is this and why don't they have a sleeve in the first place ....
Sorry for my ignorance but just curious
Xxx

Thank you Sam !

Tracey I actually don't have any idea myself .. Maybe complications , but I have heard a few people lose all their weight and then slowly put it on .. So I'm not sure .. But there are 1000s of success stories to a few bad ones ..
I had to fund my own surgery and could not afford anything but the band , so hopefully I will treasure it more seeing as I have had to scrimp and save for it ..
I never thought about anything other than the band at the start of my journey and it wasn't until I came on here that I knew about the other types of surgery .. With over 15 stone to lose , if I had had NHS backing , I would have had the sleeve I'm sure as its perminant where the band doesn't have to be ..
Mindy
Xxx

Hiya Mindy I'm so pleased it's all continuing to go well for you :)

Also apologies for not replying sooner, I can't work out how to find my watched threads on this site. I miss the app :(

Yes the sleeve is permanent and they remove the part of the stomach the cut off too unlike the bypass where it remains as a 'blind stomach' if I remember my facts correctly. I know of people who have converted because the band has damaged their stomach in some way but also others who have been able to eat around their band somehow and put the weight back on. In the cases of the latter it often sounds like they weren't given adequate psychological support before or after. I'm sure you won't have anything to worry about though Mindy as you've totally got your head in the game :)

Have just spent the whole morning reading through this whole thread and following your journey so far Mindy- this morning you've all made me howl with laughter (dancing in boots!) and cry my eyes out! All my closest friends are skinny Minnie's, my family are fairly slim, my OH can eat like a horse and doesn't put on a pound- he eats the chips and I get the hips! So has been lovely to hear that I'm not on my own with things that make me unhappy as a big bird haha.
Thanks to you all for brightening up my Friday morning! Xxx

I try my hardest Chick to stay upbeat all of the time , I love a good laugh and mess about :)
My hubby has just sat here and eaten one of those cheesy batons from sainsburys , packed full of ham and thick sliced cheese , swine ! He is portly , carries a belly but not to bad , he eats like a starved dog most of the time , now he's off to get a bowl of cereals grrrrr ..

First day of eating after the bad fill .. I can definitely feel it's different .. After one of those porridge pots I was stuffed , then before see the new X men movie we ate in a little cafe where I could only manage 1/2 a breakfast omelette and a few spoons of beans .. Did have a small milk shake at cinema and then when we got home I had 2 ryvita with 2 slices of cheese , beetroot and some turkey slices .. Will have one of those pits of low fat custard in a while maybe ..
Xxxx

Whoa what a miserable rainy day .. Been so quiet at work as well so I've got totally bored out of my box , which is dangerous hehehe .
On a Banders forum on Facebook a woman posted that Gemma Collins web site was selling everything off at £15 :)
So I've been and bought 2 dresses and a top in sizes that are to small for me lol .. Gotta love a bargain but the dresses are in a 18 and a 20 and the top in a 20 also , but it won't be long before they fit me ..
I'd already bought 2 summer dresses a week or so ago in smaller sizes so these can hang in my wardrobe all ready for the smaller me :) ..
After my band fill on Wednesday I can now feel what a restriction feels like . I feel stuffed after 3 ryvita, small cheese slices and turkey , really full and sleepy hahaha ! I might draw eyes on my eyelids and take a snooze !

Ah wow I love Gemma Collins dresses! She always looks so glam! Good for you to treat yourself- you've done so amazingly well you must be so chuffed with yourself! Went shopping today and just hated everything I tried on- all the more reason for June to hurry up! X

I'm stocking up when items I like are in the sale and at £15 I don't mind waiting to wear them !

What a stunning day today .. Got my nails done and then popped into mums for a cuppa and a chat ..
Then hubby and I went to Hilliers garden centre near Romsey , never been there before , but wanted to get ideas for planting a dark area and choose some clematis to ramble up through my roses .. It's a stunning place , and has a lovely tea room where we had a latte and shared a small piece of shortbread ( I had a quarter , maybe 3 small bites ) . Was going to have a nosey round the gardens but they charge £10 for that and seeing as I only had money for plants I wasn't going to part with it !
We have a hot tub, it's getting old now and it needs money spent on it , which we don't want to .. It has one of those large metal gazebo tents that sits above it , the curtains have long since torn in the storms etc and now it's just a metal frame .
So I got this idea after seeing something similar at the garden centre .. I'm going to move this huge 11ft square frame onto the top patio and use it as an arbour .. Going to grow roses and clematis all over it .. Will hang some thick ropes in the spaces for the plants and a peaceful sitting space :)
Much better than throwing it away ! So that's our project for this summer ..
Found myself walking around a lot more today and leaving my mobility scooter near by , usually I would ride it always but knees weren't to bad today ..
Bought some dresses off Gemma Collins web site as they everything is reduced to £15 ! Sizes ranging from 22 down to 18 so I have a few posh items that I can shrink into .. Well they arrived today and I love all of them...
Can't wait to start throwing my huge clothing out to the charity shops :)

All in all its been a bloody good day .. Not eaten much either
2 protein weetabix with coconut milk and a couple of spoons of yogurt .. 2 Ryvitas with thin cheese and ham , 4 small bites of a piece of shortbread with a latte , and tonight I have a marks and spencer chicken meal which is only 360 calls !
Tomorrow I weigh in . I'd like a steady 2lb a week , but any loss is a good loss !
Xxxxxxx

Back