• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Wowee I'm sure all that decorating will definitely help to banish those old demons. That part of us loves to just stick around but you're doing great! Keep on keeping on!
Hope you're able to get your funding in place for your daughter. Gutting that wall of despair was the worst time of my life but the biggest game changer. Best of luck to your daughter x x

Good to hear from you Mindy. The further out we are, the harder it gets! All the best in getting over this sticky period, as you say, sometimes need to buckle up regroup and get yourself into that head space which will allow you to get over the stall. All the best with your daughter as well, hugs.

Hi Mindy glad you are ok, sorry you are struggling. Have you read your diary back? Looked at what your thoughts were at the start and how you felt when you were so determined? Might that help?

Sounds like you are busy with the decorating, do you want to come and do my house?

I feel for your daughter, I know how that feels! Is there no way into an NHS route for her? If not, I have my fingers crossed that you can make it work for her. She is lucky to have parents like you supporting her in this.

Keep positive Mindy - focus on how far you have come!

IMG_1711.PNG Morning chicks !
What a beautiful morning it is as well !
Keeping myself mega busy and I have also taken up a monthly swimming membership at my local pool .. I now finally feel OK in a swimsuit .. bought a really nice one in Sainsbury's, only £12 . Just black and white but it fits well and keeps my boobs where they should be ... Bra cup size is still the same but they have deff lost the fullness , but hey ho ! They still look damn good in a bra :)
So now I am trying to go swimming at least 3 hours a week .. I will try and swim for an hour solid and also doing squats in the shallow end to strengthen my knees .. trouble is when you get out of the water after and hour you don't half feel heavy !
The pool supply me with a swimbit thingy device which counts my lengths and strokes and the calories I burn which I get quit a kick out of .. I do have an extreme addictive personality and go into things head first , so I'm making this work for me right now while I'm so " into " it .. see screen shot below ..
So if anyone needs to up their excercise in a gentle low impact way then lane swimming could be the answer.. and it really burns the calories up :) ..
Have an appointment wi the bank on Wednesday about the loan for my daughter so won't know until then how quick her op will be , so fingers crossed the bank is kind .. But , my youngest daughter is selling a property and has offered to lend the money so I do have a back up .. I just feel the need to sort this out as she's my responsibility if that makes sense ? She's my child, she needs help , and I have to be the one to do that ..

I have a fill booked for this Wednesday evening and I have to say I'm not sure about it .. I wil, have a really good chat with Mr Byrnes and see what he says .. I've had a few isssues with food getting stuck , even when I've chewed and chewed .. But in all honesty one of those items was bread .. it's a nemesis for me and I should not have had it but that head hunger won that time , but I was taught a lesson consisting of pain , drool and foam hahahah ! How attractive :)

Still the same weight and I would be fine with it , if it wasn't for my knees to be honest .. I'm really liking the shape I am .. curvy in the right places and clothes fit nicely and I feel healthy .. The NHS guidleslines for knee replacements state I have to have a bmi of 35 or lower and mine is 39 at mo , so need to shift another 2st .. doesn't sound a lot does it :)
So this is the final push and the finishing line is in sight for me , which within a year is a massive achievement and I can hardly believe how far I've come ..

Hold your heads high girls and boys and keep blinkered , don't let the negative in .. keep that finishing line in sight and ignore all else .. This is about you and only you ..
Hugs
Mindy
Xxxx

Well done Mindy, the motivation is back on, you can do this!

Swimming sounds good Mindy, I need to get back to it but I have always done breast stroke and it seems my knee is having none of that leg kick! So I have to find a way to swim differently - don't want to do crawl and backstroke..... well I like to see where I am going! Lol!

Fingers crossed re. the loan - it ended up cheaper for me to use my credit card on a balance transfer, would that be an option at all?

Have you looked at moneysavingexpert.com they have a checker calculator for cards or loans I think to see if you are likely to be accepted and it doesn't use a credit check to do it.

Great that you have your motivation back! Those 2 stone are as good as gone!

Wow 44 lengths in 1 hour ...that's fantastic, I'm certain I couldn't do that, I do like swimming but I do have very thick coarse hair which needs a lot of styling so I'd have to add another hour just for that ! Do swim hat actually work in keeping hair dry ? Mind you I don't think I'd feel confident in a swimsuit at the moment. Glad your feeling more positive now and you definitely sound back on track, good luck with the bank, it sounds as if you have a lovely supportive family xx

Bling .. I wont wear a swim cap so each time I'm having to sort my hair out afterwards which does take time , but the dryers in the changing room are very powerful so don't take long , then I have gas run straighteners
/tongs which whip through my hair in no time . Takes me about 10 mins probably , so not a problem .. it's another little time for myself ..
Hannah , thanks for the money saving page tip , will go and take a look later ! Hubby's credit rating has taken a few years to get to where it's very good , so I don't want to do anything that will knock it back .. . I do the breast stroke but cannot bend my knee into that frog kick so I just do what I can which is the basic kick , might not be pretty but it gets me from one end to the other :)
Busy day today ! Off to Marks for mums food list , off to purchase a Ninja blitzer so I can make smoothies for me and daughter .. I do have one but it's not man enough for frozen fruit .. a quick mooch about town , pick mum up a Burger King burger as she's been hankering after one ( I have one but don't eat the bun , delicious protein ) , then swimming at lunchtime , nails appointment, then home to prune and tie my roses up hopefully , put a few packets of weed and feed on the lawn , it's full of moss again grrrrr .. take a wardrobe apart , being careful of nails ! Then hopefully time for a hair and face mask , phew :)
Have a wonderful day !
Xxxxx

Busy day planned!

I tried doing breast stroke arms and kicking legs but it was like trying to pat head and rub stomach! Lol! It will just take practice I guess!

Ohhhh thanks Mindy you've reminded me I have to prune my miniature rose And will have a think about gas straightener too xx

Didn't get round to sorting the roses out wahhh ! Totally forgot .. bugger and sod it ...

Had an appointment with Mr Byrnes at the Sprite this evening .. I went ahead and had a little fill , taking me up to 8ml in my band now .. He is very pleased with my progress and was actually really surprised that I have not put on any weight in the year since I had it done .. apparently weight gain is well known until the patient settles right into a stride with the band and get that's sweet spot just right .. So a big pat on the head for me from the surgeon :)
OMG ! Have I ever told you about my crush on Hugh Jackman ? Phew that man makes me sweaty in places I can only show my doctor ! I went to see the new film Logan today .. Hugh really steps up to the mark and acts his fantastic tooshy off ! He does not rely on sex appeal at all in this latest role as the Wolverine is old and ill and in a bad way throughout the film .. The little girl who's the co star is awesome as well .. it's very blood thirsty so be warned but I really enjoyed it .. 10/10 .. His body is sooooo worth watching .. phew !

The good news is , we got the finance for daughters surgery .. But because this is our first unsecured high loan the interest rate was up in the 20s which is a bit high but we were pleased and it meant we could all breath and know she can get the help she needs .. Then , my youngest rung me ... Told me in no uncertain terms that we were not to take the loan out and that she was going to lend the whole amount .. I'm so proud of her .. To see the 2 of them pulling together like this is so wonderful .. So a little bit emotional today , but in a good way ..
So eldest has her pre op appointment next week for weight and bloods etc and a pencilled in date for the 4th May ..

Have to haul ass now and get the bedroom finished !
One of my dearest friends is having her weight loss surgery tomorrow and I'm so excited for her and can't wait to hear from her ..
hugs all
Xxxxx

Sounds like a good appointment! I have my 6 month check tomorrow!

Good news about the finance but even better that you don't have to have the 20% interest! That's a tough rate!

I bet your daughter is thrilled! What op is she going for?

Hope it goes ok for your friend too.

Lots of positivity! Sounds like your appointment went really really well! Lovely of your daughter to offer up the money. It's so nice when someone can do that x x

She will be going for the mini bypass with an added Fobi band .. The band is a relatively new addition I believe but it can assure that will be no weight gain due to the pouch stretching .. She knows that my band will not work for her .. her eating is way out of control , even to the point where she eats till she's full , then carries on and on until her stomach rejects it .. It's all emotional and being in a shitty relationship doesn't help her .. Her thinking as she is so big is that she won't find anyone else who would want her they way she is so she settles for this asshole who openly admits he sleeps with other women .. honestly he would be be a good star for Jeremy Kyle ! It's a viscous circle , one that weight loss will hopefully break and she can walk away ..

Bless your daughters, both of them for different reasons, and bless you for being such a kind and supportive mamma.
Mindy, pn your first post on here you wrote some foods down for the lrd, youve put 2 litres of water, does that mean you are not allowed to have more water than that? And also, do you have to use that water allowance to make the jelly? I am thinking of doing this to try and lose weight before my appt on 27th.

Morning Vicky
I think the 2 litres is the least you should drink .. I know I drank a lot more than that .. it's to flush out ketones in your liver and also helps to keep you feel full up ..
lots of luck xxxx

Just a bit of advice really
After she has had the mini bypass , what's the best type of vitamins I should get for her ? I'm going to make her the most healthiest shakes during her recovery but when she starts to eat real food I want to make sure she has a good vitamin to take at the same time ..
is there is a certain vitamin she will need more of ? Iron , magnesium etc ? I take floradix vitamins which I find are good for me .. But if there are any reccomendations from people who have had the op I'd be grateful ..
also I've seen a few people on here who have to go for vitamin injections ? Will this be her as well , and what that for ?
Cheers
Mindy
Xxx

I'm so glad your daughters are there for each other, truly lovely. Her relationship sounds horrendous though and I can't imagine how hard that must be for you as her mum to watch. I really hope that she finds the strength to leave him and love herself more and stay that way regardless of her weight.
I saw Logan a couple of weeks ago and agree it's a fantastic film and a very fitting send off to both him and another major X Men character. He has played that role for 17 years and just got better and hotter with time. Plus whenever I see him on TV or read an interview with Hugh Jackman he just comes across as a really lovely and genuine down to earth bloke so I am in the fan club with you @countrywench :)

Back