• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

She will be going for the mini bypass with an added Fobi band .. The band is a relatively new addition I believe but it can assure that will be no weight gain due to the pouch stretching .. She knows that my band will not work for her .. her eating is way out of control , even to the point where she eats till she's full , then carries on and on until her stomach rejects it .. It's all emotional and being in a shitty relationship doesn't help her .. Her thinking as she is so big is that she won't find anyone else who would want her they way she is so she settles for this asshole who openly admits he sleeps with other women .. honestly he would be be a good star for Jeremy Kyle ! It's a viscous circle , one that weight loss will hopefully break and she can walk away ..
What an amazing family you are, it much be heartbreaking for you to know and see how that d**kh**d is treating her, I've no doubt that this surgery along with the support from her lovely family will give her the strength to walk from him... I hope his dick falls off Xx

Hahahaha Bling ! That's one way to put it !

Her team should specify vitamins. We were recommended sanatogen a-z or boots a-z. Centrum is missing something apparently.... but her team should let you know which they want. There is also forceval liquid/tablets which are prescription vits and might be prescribed. She will also have to take calcium/vit d3 such as calcichew or calceos chewable tablets. Depending on team she may have iron as well - my consultant is waiting for my 6 month bloods to see how my iron levels are. The injections are vitamin B12 and she will prob need them - again I will be told after my blood tests but most providers say to start them after 3 months and then every 3 months.

Smoothies may not be great after surgery - follow her teams advice - too much fruit is high in sugar and may cause dumping also the seeds/pips won't be good straight after surgery - you will just need to adjust them to suit her. Also the volume able to drink after surgery is very small.

Good idea to take the vitamins before surgery, especially the multivits and vitamin D3.

Hope that helps!

Hey Mindy it's scary how similar me and your daughter are. I was in a relationship like that too and it honestly feels like the only option to feel wanted at times. If she does want anyone near her age to message or anything feel free to take my details I wouldn't mind :) hope you're doing well. How's the new band fill going? Xx

Hannah that's brilliant info , just what I needed.. thank you ! Just getting myself in a mothers tizzy I think .. wanting to make sure that everything is taken care of .. like a mother hen clucking and pecking at the mo ! But it's keeping my occupied :)

Starry .. I'm so sorry about your old relationship , is this lately? I know she has a long way to go before she can learn and like herself .. self harm comes in many forms I now know .. but I know by giving her a good fighting chance we may get her there , together .. I try and tell her she doesn't need any man to make her feel whole , that starts inside ourselves , she needs time away from any relationship and time for her to grow .. if I had the money I'd send her on one of long holidays abroad , travelling etc . I think that would do her the world of good .. self worth , that's the phrase I'd use .. she needs to find that , her place in the world ..
Your blossoming , growing and getting so strong in yourself so never look back .. A path travelled , no matter how hard , has to be taken so you can come out the other end , and it all adds to who you are .. hugsss xxxxx

Hannah that's brilliant info , just what I needed.. thank you ! Just getting myself in a mothers tizzy I think .. wanting to make sure that everything is taken care of .. like a mother hen clucking and pecking at the mo ! But it's keeping my occupied :)

Starry .. I'm so sorry about your old relationship , is this lately? I know she has a long way to go before she can learn and like herself .. self harm comes in many forms I now know .. but I know by giving her a good fighting chance we may get her there , together .. I try and tell her she doesn't need any man to make her feel whole , that starts inside ourselves , she needs time away from any relationship and time for her to grow .. if I had the money I'd send her on one of long holidays abroad , travelling etc . I think that would do her the world of good .. self worth , that's the phrase I'd use .. she needs to find that , her place in the world ..
Your blossoming , growing and getting so strong in yourself so never look back .. A path travelled , no matter how hard , has to be taken so you can come out the other end , and it all adds to who you are .. hugsss xxxxx
2010-2013 I moved county to live with him and made myself isolated because of leaving my family. It ended because of him but it's the best thing that happened to me. Also another guy who sounds like someone your dsughter is seeing at the moment and I saw him from 2014-2015 and he repeatedly said awful comments to me and I still saw him. God he was an utter arse. My current boyfriend I've been friends with for years and he was in love with me before I had my surgery and even more so now. I probably would have been with him earlier had I known I had a chance with him but my insecurities and my anxiety was crippling for my self esteem and I didn't look forward to the future. (Sorry getting a bit heavy lol) one day I thought sod it. We definitely need to do things for ourselves for sure. It's just hard to get there and all we need is our family around us and I'm sure she's amazingly proud of you for being there for her during this time Mindy. I promise you she'll start to realise how much of a waste of space he is when she gets some self love back and I really hope it happens soon for her xoxo

Thank you for that Cassie .. he's very lucky to have you in his life
Xxxx

Omg ..
I've discovered avacado, chopped crispy bacon and chilli sauce .. dear lord it's orgasmic ..

I'm allergic to avocado.... makes me sick :grumble:

@starryeyed sorry you have been through all that :( but very happy that are are with someone lovely now ❤️

@countrywench i really hope that things improve for your daughter and she realises that she is worth more than her current situation.

So a who knew that a tiny few mls in my band would make such a difference .. since I had it done Wednesday evening I've been so bloated ! I have enoughgas to launch a space shuttle .. not uncomfortable though just odd .. mind you I've been having my protein smoothies for a few days to try and kick start my weight loss again so it might be them .. I do put 3 blocks of frozen spinach in .. Toot toot !

So a who knew that a tiny few mls in my band would make such a difference .. since I had it done Wednesday evening I've been so bloated ! I have enoughgas to launch a space shuttle .. not uncomfortable though just odd .. mind you I've been having my protein smoothies for a few days to try and kick start my weight loss again so it might be them .. I do put 3 blocks of frozen spinach in .. Toot toot !
Lol, I may have to consider protein smoothies as I know I'm not eating enough protein, I have been looking at protein powder but there's so many to choose from I just end up confused X

Protein powder .. I got mine in Home Bargains to be honest .. it's £9.99 for a kilo .. comes in 4 flavours , I like the vanilla best as it doesn't over flavour any smoothies I make .. look for whey protein ...
it's works a treat by filling you up for a long time even though it's liquid ..
Xxxxx

Love that toot toot! I love a green veg smoothie! Really helped me kick start things again after new year!
Hope you're feeling less gassy now! X x

Protein powder .. I got mine in Home Bargains to be honest .. it's £9.99 for a kilo .. comes in 4 flavours , I like the vanilla best as it doesn't over flavour any smoothies I make .. look for whey protein ...
it's works a treat by filling you up for a long time even though it's liquid ..
Xxxxx
Aw thanks for the tip, my son in law mentioned the one in home bargains so I will give it a go Xx

Morning all !
Well hubby had a itch for Kentucky last night .. not been anywhere near that shop for well over a year .. so thought I'd have a piece of corn , beans and a piece of his 6 piece bucket .. Hmmm .. Never again will Kentucky go anywhere near my mouth .. don't get me wrong the meal was delicious , truly , but for my band it was agony ..
I can usually handle corn , not a problem so I don't think it was that , I double chewed it .. it was the chicken .. swallowed the first scrummy bite , chewed it well , or at least I thought I did , but as soon as I let it slide down my throat I knew I'd made a huge mistake .. Probably because my band has been topped up , but holy moley the pain ! 20 mins of sweating , bootlace drool , nausea and body rocking .. I don't keep fizzy drinks in the house so couldn't try that .. and no way can I stick my fingers down my throat lol !
So a mouthful of chicken with a small bit of skin , 1 chomp of corn and I was done .. I am pleased my band reacted that way to be honest .. if I had eaten it successfully, I would probably eat it again , and again .. so it's saved me from slipping back to old bad habits ..
feeling a little , not tender , but tight inside today so sticking to a smoothie and soaked All Bran ..
Another day , another lesson learned :)
Mindy
Xxxx

oooh eeeek sounds painful hun :( i have to say i still love my kfc :) hub buys me a chicken select box 1 piece for me the other 2 for the dog LOL perfect once in a while .... wishing you and your daughter all the best hunni.......... once she starts to see herself in a better light she will see the light elsewhere (promise) x x x x x x

Oh dear Mindy, that doesn't sound pleasant! Glad it eased eventually and hope that being on smoothies etc it has settled down.

Back