• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

countrywench

Thanks girls .. This is deff me at restriction .. had a problem with a banana today ( said the actress to the bishop ) a banana in porridge .. yep .. sat in the window of my fav coffee shop with my usual . Could not get up to go the bathroom as I knew I would have been sick , so I sat there wriggling my torso and spitting thick drool into several napkins , trying not to get noticed ..
what on earth is this thick mucus that comes up ! It's not spit that's for sure .. it's like glue ! You can just keep pulling it from your mouth like a magicians scarf lol !
Anyway , again it was my fault . I'd been swimming and was really hungry , got messing about on my phone and iPad while eating and must have not chewed a bit of banana ...
I do love my band :)

Bling Babe

Thanks girls .. This is deff me at restriction .. had a problem with a banana today ( said the actress to the bishop ) a banana in porridge .. yep .. sat in the window of my fav coffee shop with my usual . Could not get up to go the bathroom as I knew I would have been sick , so I sat there wriggling my torso and spitting thick drool into several napkins , trying not to get noticed ..
what on earth is this thick mucus that comes up ! It's not spit that's for sure .. it's like glue ! You can just keep pulling it from your mouth like a magicians scarf lol !
Anyway , again it was my fault . I'd been swimming and was really hungry , got messing about on my phone and iPad while eating and must have not chewed a bit of banana ...
I do love my band :)
Ohhhh that sound horrendous Mindy it really highlights the importance of concentrating when eating and chewing properly, I can understand how easy it could be to lose that concentration as well. Hope the effects have passed now Xx

erinangel

that happened to me with banana the drool is the foamies . Its your body producing excess saliva to try and rid the blockage. Its a horrible feeling and you wouldn't think banana would be the one to get stuck.

Hope your feelin okay now @countrywench

SAM55

View attachment 19865 Morning chicks !
What a beautiful morning it is as well !
Keeping myself mega busy and I have also taken up a monthly swimming membership at my local pool .. I now finally feel OK in a swimsuit .. bought a really nice one in Sainsbury's, only £12 . Just black and white but it fits well and keeps my boobs where they should be ... Bra cup size is still the same but they have deff lost the fullness , but hey ho ! They still look damn good in a bra :)
So now I am trying to go swimming at least 3 hours a week .. I will try and swim for an hour solid and also doing squats in the shallow end to strengthen my knees .. trouble is when you get out of the water after and hour you don't half feel heavy !
The pool supply me with a swimbit thingy device which counts my lengths and strokes and the calories I burn which I get quit a kick out of .. I do have an extreme addictive personality and go into things head first , so I'm making this work for me right now while I'm so " into " it .. see screen shot below ..
So if anyone needs to up their excercise in a gentle low impact way then lane swimming could be the answer.. and it really burns the calories up :) ..
Have an appointment wi the bank on Wednesday about the loan for my daughter so won't know until then how quick her op will be , so fingers crossed the bank is kind .. But , my youngest daughter is selling a property and has offered to lend the money so I do have a back up .. I just feel the need to sort this out as she's my responsibility if that makes sense ? She's my child, she needs help , and I have to be the one to do that ..

I have a fill booked for this Wednesday evening and I have to say I'm not sure about it .. I wil, have a really good chat with Mr Byrnes and see what he says .. I've had a few isssues with food getting stuck , even when I've chewed and chewed .. But in all honesty one of those items was bread .. it's a nemesis for me and I should not have had it but that head hunger won that time , but I was taught a lesson consisting of pain , drool and foam hahahah ! How attractive :)

Still the same weight and I would be fine with it , if it wasn't for my knees to be honest .. I'm really liking the shape I am .. curvy in the right places and clothes fit nicely and I feel healthy .. The NHS guidleslines for knee replacements state I have to have a bmi of 35 or lower and mine is 39 at mo , so need to shift another 2st .. doesn't sound a lot does it :)
So this is the final push and the finishing line is in sight for me , which within a year is a massive achievement and I can hardly believe how far I've come ..

Hold your heads high girls and boys and keep blinkered , don't let the negative in .. keep that finishing line in sight and ignore all else .. This is about you and only you ..
Hugs
Mindy
Xxxx
Pleased you are going swimming and it is really good for knees. My GP referred me for my knees last week although I am still a BMI of 41 and need to be 35, as the waiting list is so long. I have to wait 22 weeks for my first appointment and then there is a 6 month waiting list after that! Might be worth seeing if you can get referred before you get to 35, and it would be extra motivation. :)

countrywench

Yep I'm fine . My own stupid fault ..
I went with my niece to have her consult this evening , she's having a band .. the doctor , Mr Kelly was so lovely and explained things so well .. so it was a bit like a refresher course for me .. At my consult I don't think I took it all in ...
He explained all the side affects of the band in detail which I found very interesting .. explained that slippage , blockage , and pouch and oesophagus stretching will be down to over eating and having the band so tight that the person can only eat soft foods that will pass through it . This then has a side affect of the patient gaining weight .. stories of the upper pouch stretching so much that it can actually " flop " over and totally seal the band up and then emergency removal occurs .. so over eating and large portions can and will make the band fail ..
She is going to go ahead with it and he told her , with a bmi of 56 she needs to start her liver shrink diet straight away if she wants her op in 4 weeks time .And as she is only 4ft 9", he said he needed as much room inside that he can , as she is so tiny .. . I know this is going to be hard for her , very hard .. But he also told her that if she didn't do this now and lose a substantial amount of weight , she was more than likely going to die young due to weight problems .. I think this scared her ..

Had a good day today , no problems .. Had a yummy avacado for lunch with some chilli noodles and crispy bacon .. Took a long time chewing that bacon I tell you .. Now I've just had some cauliflower cheese , very thick I might add with some ham on top .. yummy !
Xxxxx

countrywench

Hey Sam !
Wow I didn't realise that the referall would be that long ! On that case I think I'll make myself an appointment as soon as I can and get the ball rolling , and that way I know I'm at that final push to get a couple more stone off .. cheers for that
Xxxxx

SAM55

Hey Sam !
Wow I didn't realise that the referall would be that long ! On that case I think I'll make myself an appointment as soon as I can and get the ball rolling , and that way I know I'm at that final push to get a couple more stone off .. cheers for that
Xxxxx
It will vary from hospital to hospital but NHS waiting lists are not getting any better! When I saw the orthopaedic consultant in 2015, I waited a month for an appointment, and he told me the waiting list for the op was 2 months. Let me know how you get on. xx

countrywench

Well here I am a whole year today since I had my band fitted .. .. It's flown by ..
I can say , hand on heart , I do not regret it one bit .. It may sound dramatic and over the top , but this band has saved my life in more ways that one ..
Weighed myself today and I am -102lbs .. That figure , that weight loss , would never have happened if I hadn't had the band fitted .. Weight loss has slowed right down since mid December but I'm fine with that .. I know my body could not maintain the standard of weight loss that it had dropped so dramatically...
I simply could not list all the ways that my band has helped me .. Conquering a food addiction is the top .. I have a lease on life now , a life where I'm no longer sitting in the side lines pretending I'm ok with it ..

Never give up buddies , keep chugging away ..
Mindy
Xxx

WeightlossDreamer

Happy surgiversary!
Such a massively positive post and 102lbs is flippin amazing. I feel much the same as you in that the band saved me and without it I'd never have achieved the weight loss I've currently reached or the milestones and life events that have come over the past couple of years!
Enjoy your day x x

FeeBee

Happy surgiversary Mindy x

vicky jenkins

Well done Mindy, that a great post and an amazing achievement. Im so pleased it has helped you with your food addiction, thats one of the main reasons im wanting surgery, so that food is not so important to me.

Bling Babe

Happy surgiversary Mindy, what a difference a year can make, many congratulations on that fabulous loss X :hugs::thankyouthankyou::winner:

countrywench

I have had to book in for a defill ..
Since a top up a few weeks ago , I have had some major stuck episodes .. Last night being the worst..
A date night with hubby to the Harvester and a celebratory for my year with my band ..
Ordered 2 starters , breaded thick mushrooms and the Buttermilk chicken pieces .. Ate some mushrooms all nice and slowly then started on the chicken .. chewed and chewed like I know I should but then again it happened .. felt it lodge and that was that .. Foaming spit all the way home , heart rate pounding , sweating , the whole works .. got off to sleep after a long warm shower , woke up early hours for a drink , felt it hit the blockage and sit there , more foamies ..
Couldn't drink my coffee before work and just felt a heavy uncomfortable feeling inside .. ..
called my after care team who suggested I drink a hot coffe as fast as I could to loosen the band up , which I did , and I actually felt it give mid morning when I bent over at work and all the pressure went .. phew !
I actually think it was a bit of mushroom that was stuck , sticking glue like to the plastic band ..
My team says I should just have fluids for a couple of days if I can to rest the area incase it's bruised .. And I will be having some fluid out the band in a weeks time as they say I should be able to eat this type of food without a problem ..

Other than that I am fine ! The band is working and doing its job it seems so I cannot fault it .. some of the stuck episodes are purely down to me .. A hard lesson learnt ..

Advice for potential Banders , follow your advice to the letter , if you get episodes then re-evaluate what made it happen .. Respect it at all times ( I haven't on a few occasions ) ..

Bling Babe

God Mindy those stuck episodes sound horrendous and I image quite embarrassing too in public, glad you feel recovered and the hot coffee worked, hope your defill has the desired effect Xx

SAM55

Well here I am a whole year today since I had my band fitted .. .. It's flown by ..
I can say , hand on heart , I do not regret it one bit .. It may sound dramatic and over the top , but this band has saved my life in more ways that one ..
Weighed myself today and I am -102lbs .. That figure , that weight loss , would never have happened if I hadn't had the band fitted .. Weight loss has slowed right down since mid December but I'm fine with that .. I know my body could not maintain the standard of weight loss that it had dropped so dramatically...
I simply could not list all the ways that my band has helped me .. Conquering a food addiction is the top .. I have a lease on life now , a life where I'm no longer sitting in the side lines pretending I'm ok with it ..

Never give up buddies , keep chugging away ..
Mindy
Xxx
Happy surgiversay and so well well done. :banana_dancer: Your cheerfulness and determination have been an inspiration. x

countrywench

Thanks girls
I am absolutely fine .I couldn't sleep because I was so hungry and had to have a small bowl of soaked cereal at 2am !
. I would never normally share my health disaster news in my real life but think it's extremely helpful to potential Banders to read the possible downfalls of living with your new best friend !
I do have a good friend which I now share all the ups and downs with as she has recently had her weight loss surgery done , but that's about it in my real life .. people who havnt had surgery can never understand what we live with can they ? It's deff not an easy way out that's for sure ..

Y daughter is now on her count down . The money is in place and it's all systems go for 5th may .. She has been cutting right back drastically last week and this week she has been totally on the milk diet .. To say she has found it hard is an understatement.. She's been very emotional and physically weak .. But she has stuck to it .. Smoking instead of Vaping to cope , but I can't tell her off for that at the moment .. She will weigh in at my house on Saturday so hoping to see a good result for her on the scales ..
Have a lovely day all !
Mindy
Xxxxx

WeightlossDreamer

Keeping everything crossed for your daughter Mindy!
I think it's really important to share these episodes when they happen as unfortunately it is part of our experience as banders! X x