• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

@Hannah2 I would never have guessed you are 45, you look much younger on your profile pic! ;)

Seriously, its hard to guess someones age on here, i'm 44 by the way. x

Ha ha! I panicked then and tried to think which picture I had used!!! Oh dear!! Time to get some food I think!

Yep Hannah .. I'd be suprised if anyone on here doesn't feel different about themselves when they have dropped a substantial amount of weight ..
For me , I think I'm evolving and I feel I'm reverting back to the girl who was full of life and just loved everything around her , calm and happy and confident .
How can a person not change when all that weight has gone ?
Hannah , you will change is ways you never thought of .. Clothes shopping will become an joy ( and get you into debt lol )
the whole world around you will begin to embrace you instead of working against you .. Chairs won't be a worry , plane , train and car seat belts ? Easy .. Climbing stairs , walking , everyday chores , easy .. Stares , frowns and snidey remarks from strangers will stop . You won't have to walk the high street with your eyes down turned so you don't see the looks ..
Don't be afraid of the changes Hannah , stand up and grab each one , your going to emerge into a force to be reckoned with instead of a wall flower ..

How old are you Hannah ?

Its nice just not to feel so conspicuous :) i no longer feel like i have two heads (or two arses for that matter) Lol it does take the head along time to catch up mind x x x x x

Hannah I thought you were much younger ! That's why I was playing the big sister lol !
Well shit , how to make a fool of myself . Hahahaha !
I know the eldest sibling thing , I'm youngest of 6 ! Four brothers and one sister , my mum adored her but she had a mean streak in her and saw bad in anything , but it was the brother above me by 4 years , I bloody hated him! He got me a hiding on more than one occasion by blaming me and then stood back and watched me get a hiding from mum .. And I hated him in adult life also and he hated me , but the funny thing was , the day he went into a diabetic coma I was the only one to step up and sort it , the others all backed off with excuses blah blah .. And it was me who had to turn his life support off .. If he had woken up , he seriously would have told me to F off .. I had to arrange and sort his funeral ..It's odd how life rolls .. A part of my heart broke that day which was strange ..
I loved my sister , but I didn't like her if that makes sense .. Like I said she had a mean mouth about everything and I found it hard to be around her .. But again when she died I was the one that was called , made to go to her bedside , when I really didn't want to go , and I held her while she took those last , long breaths ..
There's only 3 of us left now but even at 53 I'm still treated like the baby , but I'm the one who has to sort mum out , sort dramas out with the nephews and nieces , sort get togetherness out etc .. But I'm also the one to get the blame .. I have big shoulders , I shrug it off ..
Wow , I've never spoke to anyone about these things I've just typed down .. Not sure where that came from .. Must have been Hannah talking about her brother ..

Crystal !
There you are girl ! Lovely to see you ! Lemme give you a hug ((( crystal )))
Mind the boobs
Xxxx

Brilliant loss Mindy but it sounds like there have been very difficult times. I don't have as many siblings but as the only girl it's always been expected that no matter how my siblings and parents have behaved (often appallingly and I too got many hidings growing up) it was always expected that I'd sort it out. I think I eat a lot of my feelings for a very long time.
I'm so glad the scales are moving again :) x

Wow Mindy you have had a lot to deal with, sorry that you had to cope with all that. Life is crap sometimes!

Why did you share? Because I had you under my hamster spell :whistle: . In all seriousness, happy that you felt able to.

Oh and you haven't made a fool of yourself ..... How young did you think I was? I was just trying to fool everyone :cool:

No idea why I just wrote all that down Hannah .. I suppose it's because it's easier to let things out to strangers ? Weird ..
Anyway .. Life throws a few shitty curved balls and you either duck , catch or get a black eye !
I've only got 7 weeks tomorrow befor I go to Malta squeeeeeeeee !
I've never been so excited to be going on holiday .. I've always been thinking of ways to cope with my weight , the airport , clothes , the list was endless ..
But this time ? I'm so excited .. Looking forward to packing my suitcase instead of dreading it ...
Hoping to have dropped another stone and a bit to get me into my 19 lower 19st bracket .. Havnt seen that figure since I was early 30s ! Then I know I won't have any problem with the plane , seat , seat belt and the tray .. That in itself is a massive achievement for me .. And I will have the biggest shit eating grin on my face when it happens !

Whoa it's so humid this morning ! It's 6.30am and I can feel the heat coming through the window ..
On another note , my cat is so upset with us Hahahah ! He has a severe allergic reaction to flea bites and it's hard to keep on top of it . But he has a big hot spot on his chest which is now bald and sore where he keeps at it .. Well he's sat on the bed with a cone round his head looking like he could kill me Hahahaha !
£120 vet bill ! £120 ! It's no wonder people don't take their pets to the vets ! £35 for the consult for starters followed by drugs .. Some of those drugs I could have got on the Internet at half the price I found out afterwards ... It's only the steroids I can't get .. So will keep the invoice and next time he's gets a hot spot I can treat it myself ..
My morning rant over and out
Have a wonderful day all !
Mindy
Xxxxx

Can't wait myself to flip that tray down on the plane and put my coffee on it rather than ask the person next to me if I can use their tray lol
And the seat belt extension omg can't wait to not wear that ..and to do a wee in the loo on the plane ... lol x
Then when there not panicking about the plastic chairs and the tiny loos in the beach bars ....
Humid here as well . .
Have a good day everyone xx

Oh mindy I didn't realise you were going Malta. I love it there! My sister has just flown out yesterday. Have you been to pop eye village? It's so cute there but they modernised it a few years back so it's lost it's feel a bit. If you go - pleaseeeee take a picture of the blue lagoon for me. Have you been on the local buses to valetta? Very scary lol. Gozo is my peaceful favourite and I love how meliah bay you can walk out for a mile and the sea will still be waist high. Sorry Malta gushing! Xxx

Ah Cassie , Malta is my favourite place on earth and I could wax lyrical all day about it .. It's has my heart ..
When I was a party girl I hitchhiked across Europe and ended up in Sicily for a few days before flying home .. My mate got really friendly ( if you know what I mean ) with a fisherman and he said he was going to Malta after his night fish to drop the haul off and would we like a lift .. We all had open flights for Europe so we said yes .. Booked into a hotel there were I met my first love and ended up staying for 6 months ! I was only 18 and I fell so deep in love with him and the country .. Then I heard my dog at home had been hit by a car and I was so suddenly home sick I went home .. Never to return again for probably 15 years ..
So much has changed in that time and those rickety old buses are no longer is use since Malta joined the EU .. The roads have been fixed and basically the old charm that made Malta what it was has gone , but I still love it and hubby and I have been back probably 8 times now .. We always stay in st Julian's bay . Either in a rented apartment for a month if we can .. Or we book into the Meridian if we fancy a real splurge or the Cavalieri , which has the most amazing view across the Spinola bay and st Julian's bay ..
We always go on the Captain Morgan trip to the Blue Lagoon , sailing in an old Portuguese boat which I adore !
I can get in the water at the lagoon but I cannot get out onto the ladder to get back onto the boat ! So I have to swim about and clamber up onto another boat that has steps down into the water lol ! It's so magical to swim across to the other side where the cave is .. That's where a scene was shot for Troy , and most of that film is made in Malta ..
When the plane lands there it feels like I've come home and I break my heart on the plane when it takes off to go home :(
When we retire we plan to take those offers in the papers , the one where you can go for 3 months over winter for a rediculous price ..
Oh if you go again , go to either St Peters pool , or a little locals place called Ghar Lapsi .. Look them up .. Stunning and usually empty of the masses .. At Ghar Lapsi my hubby was diving down most of the day getting urchins for the local oldies who were paddling there , and they were eating them raw !
Like you I can gush about that beautiful little island all day

It sounds blissful :)

Had my first real issue with food yesterday while on a late night shopping spree with hubby .. We went to Ed's diner which I love .. I knew I was going and only ate porridge , banana and some mixed fruit ..
As a serial pig I still ordered way to much even though it was only 2 starters .. Well because I was so hungry I stuffed and rammed it into my mouth and totally forgot the guidelines and the warning signs that began ..
A small twinge , my usually warning when I'm reaching maximum amount for my band .. Carried on stuffing it in.. Then with another bite of chicken and sweet potato fries I pushed it to far ..
Omg the pain .. It felt just like when I woke after the op .. Phew .. I felt myself go clammy then that awful feeling when your blood seems to drop to your feet and I really thought I was going to faint or be sick everywhere .. I stood up and leant over the table for support and tried to shift it by forcing a burp .. The poor waiter thought I was choking until hubby explained what was happening .. It felt like forever but it was probably a minute until whatever was being forced through the port , passed through .. All the weight of the food I had eaten was pushing unchewed food through that small gap .. Luckily it didn't last long , and I've read where other people are ill for over an hour with this .. I felt it pass through and with a big burp it all settled .. I had only eaten less than a half of each starter but I'm sure it was a lump of chicken that caught me out by not chewing it enough ..
So lesson learned .. Don't go out for a meal overly hungry .. Eat a small snack before going to curb that old eating habit ..

Popped into John Lewis and the Mac counter was empty , all the girls just hanging about etc .. One girl caught my eye and asked if I'd like my make up done ! Would I ever ! I jumped at the offer ! Now who wouldn't want to sit there and be pampered for nothing ..
It was wonderful .. She was very patient with me asking so many questions about a smokey eye on hooded eyes and showed me how to do this without looking like a panda hahaha !
And , this is another big achievement, I sat on the make up chairs without worrying about breaking them :) I actually felt as if I had the right to be there if that makes sense .. If I was still as large , I would never ever have even met her eye let alone answer her ..
She took all my make up off , cleansed and moisturised and generally made a fuss , ooooing and ahhhhing about cheek bones and my blue eyes , I know it's just sales banter but I liked it .. She made a wonderful job of my face , and it looked very gentle not overly made up .. The foundation was lovely so I bought some along with a lipstick and pencil .. £50 !
No wonder she stroked my ego !
I would thoroughly recommend having a make up session done . It's a lovely learning experience that costs nothing ..
Go on , spoil yourself !
I tend to quest the same trousers , bad habit , but they are so comfy and easy to wear .. Marks and spencer wide leg trousers , extremely forgiving and so comfortable , seriously ..
http://www.marksandspencer.com/plus...T59_6249E_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=srp
I used to wear a size 22 , yes they are that forgiving , and yesterday I had to buy size 18 ! :):):)
Not that I am an 18 in trousers but these are lovely .. Give them a go . Good for office , play and even going out ..

Have a wonderful bank holiday weekend everyone
Xxxxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear about your bad food experience, i'm 22 weeks in and had another episode last week when I ate to much chicken and had to go to loo to be sick, sorry tmi. My problem is when I'm out for meals with friends who don't know i've had the op and I feel pressured to eat more than I can manage because they think something is wrong with me if I don't clear my plate!

I love Mac, i'm a bit of a make up, lotions and potions addict I have to admit as no matter what my size has been over the years I could always buy some make up!

Hope you have a lovely bank hol too x

Lisa

I hope it's obvious which part of your post I'm liking ;) I last had my make up done just before my wedding nearly a decade ago. It's not my thing but you sound so giddy I'm almost tempted ;) I do know what you mean about feeling you have the right to be there. It's genuinely sad society isn't more accepting but at the same time lovely to be accepted x

Back