• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

image.jpeg Oh forgot the picture duhhhhh !

:winner::winner::winner: Well done, Mindy! :winner::winner::winner:

You're doing amazing, I love reading your posts. There always positive and upbeat :D.

Toni:rainbow:

Huge congratulations :banana_dancer:
I think you're 100% right about our bodies needing to stop and adjust every so often. We change everything we eat and how we eat. What we drink and how much after WLS. I think sometimes we forget just how monumental the changes we make are x

Great loss Mindy, well done :banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer:

Didn't manage to go do my weekly Wednesday weigh in today as my phone rung at 7am .. Mum saying she wasn't feeling to well and was going to press her alarm button .. By the time I go there the paramedic had her loaded in the ambulance and had a heart tracer on her . Spent the morning up at the hospital and turns out she was having a panic attack bless her .. Mum thought she was having a stroke because her leg went numb and tingly with lack of feeling .. This bought on the panic attack bless her.. Turns out where she sits all day in her chair that she has compacted her spine and that has caused sciatic nerve type symptoms that were causing her leg to become numb and tingly .. As soon as the doctor told her she was fine , she turns round and said my husband .. Can we stop on the way home and pick up fish and chips ! Arghhhh !
So alls well that ends well . She enjoyed her lunch and then shooed us off saying she wanted a kip because she was awake early .. geesh she's tired hahaha !
I had my appointment for a top up this evening at the Spire .. When Mr Byrnes came down the hall to call me he kind of looked at me then looked away and called my name .. I was sitting right in front of him .. The look on his face was a picture when I answered him.. He actually frowned and looked stunned as if he called the wrong name .. I stood up and said its me .. He raised his eyebrow and smiled .. Now that's a reaction .. In his office he was all praise and fuss .. It was lovely .. I've now had my band fill topped up to 7.7ml ..
With just 4 weeks until my holiday I hope I don't get any side affects if the band is a little to tight now ..
I'm actually looking forward to a couple of days of smoothies .. Just had a lovely smoothie with avocado , peanut butter, coconut milk , Greek yogurt and blueberries .. I didn't realise how much I like a good smoothie .. Yum !

On another note I tried my hand at a self tan . How hard can it be .. Well shit .. I now resemble a filthy gypsy .. Good job I didn't put it on my face ! My legs have more streaks than a summer in a nudist camp and more dark patches than brick layers armpits ..
I've been back in the shower with the pan scrub and some baby oil trying to reduce the disaster ! Good job it wears off in a few days .. Sigh .. I'm going to look like a milk bottle in Malta ..
Have a wonderful week all
Mindy
Xxxxx

Hahaha Tracey she certainly does give me the run around !

Sounds like quite a scare with your mum, glad she's okay.
Good luck getting that self tan scrubbed away :)

She was tired, I bet you were worn out with the worry of it all too! I'm glad she's OK though of course!
That reaction has got to be better than numbers on the scale any day and that smoothie sounds yum :)
I took am hopeless with self tan. I've tried those gradual build up body creams too and still end up looking ridiculous. I remember trying a spray one for the first time when my now husband went away for the weekend. The first time his sister met me I looked like an oompa lumpa! She was far too polite to say anything and I was so orange you couldn't tell how much I was blushing underneath!

Glad Mums all ok now :) .....panic attacks are no fun :( LMAO @ the picture the self tan conjures up lol .......guess we've all done it LOL I hate the orange hands LOL after many years i discovered the chemicals were no good for me anyways, so its natural tan these days, and with lack of much sunshine its not much Lol your be beautifully tanned before long hunni :) good luck with the top up too.... holiday targets here you come x x x x

Didn't manage to go do my weekly Wednesday weigh in today as my phone rung at 7am .. Mum saying she wasn't feeling to well and was going to press her alarm button .. By the time I go there the paramedic had her loaded in the ambulance and had a heart tracer on her . Spent the morning up at the hospital and turns out she was having a panic attack bless her .. Mum thought she was having a stroke because her leg went numb and tingly with lack of feeling .. This bought on the panic attack bless her.. Turns out where she sits all day in her chair that she has compacted her spine and that has caused sciatic nerve type symptoms that were causing her leg to become numb and tingly .. As soon as the doctor told her she was fine , she turns round and said my husband .. Can we stop on the way home and pick up fish and chips ! Arghhhh !
So alls well that ends well . She enjoyed her lunch and then shooed us off saying she wanted a kip because she was awake early .. geesh she's tired hahaha !
I had my appointment for a top up this evening at the Spire .. When Mr Byrnes came down the hall to call me he kind of looked at me then looked away and called my name .. I was sitting right in front of him .. The look on his face was a picture when I answered him.. He actually frowned and looked stunned as if he called the wrong name .. I stood up and said its me .. He raised his eyebrow and smiled .. Now that's a reaction .. In his office he was all praise and fuss .. It was lovely .. I've now had my band fill topped up to 7.7ml ..
With just 4 weeks until my holiday I hope I don't get any side affects if the band is a little to tight now ..
I'm actually looking forward to a couple of days of smoothies .. Just had a lovely smoothie with avocado , peanut butter, coconut milk , Greek yogurt and blueberries .. I didn't realise how much I like a good smoothie .. Yum !

On another note I tried my hand at a self tan . How hard can it be .. Well shit .. I now resemble a filthy gypsy .. Good job I didn't put it on my face ! My legs have more streaks than a summer in a nudist camp and more dark patches than brick layers armpits ..
I've been back in the shower with the pan scrub and some baby oil trying to reduce the disaster ! Good job it wears off in a few days .. Sigh .. I'm going to look like a milk bottle in Malta ..
Have a wonderful week all
Mindy
Xxxxx

Glad you're mum's OK and driving you nuts is always a good sign ;)

Filthy gypsy... you crack me up

Bloody Boots scales are broken yet again :mad:
But my scales showed me this morning that I was dead on 19st 8lb :D
That's 6st or 84lbs gone ..
6st ! What the hell !
I've reached my mini goal to be in the 19st bracket before I go to Malta mid October ..
I wish I had the Boots ticket to put in my scrap album though .. I plan to have them all framed when I reach 16st ..

People are really beginning to notice now .. They look at me with a quizzical look and know something is different about me . First they I've changed my hair , which I have slightly , then eyes run down me and they are stunned .. A few have asked how I've done and if I like them and trust them I tell them . Others I tend to change the subject and just say yes I've lost a little bit but don't go any further than that ..
Yesterday morning , in my fav coffee shop , a lady I havnt seen for over a year sat opposite me .. Totally didn't recognise me .. I said her name and she looked at me blankly .. I told her my name and she shook her head .. Said where I worked and she just stared at me hahaha ! Her face was a picture .. That reaction was worth it ..
I am only 3st 8lbs away from my goal weight , I can't believe that once dream weight is within reach ..
I had over 9st to lose at the beginning of my journey and it seemed impossible ..
Quite frankly I am speechless
Mindy
Xxxx

So pleased for you Mindy you have done so well! Such an achievement and you have reached your goal earlier than planned! You are so going to enjoy your holiday for a whole heap more of reasons than you would have done before!

You shouldn't be speechless you should be shouting it from the rooftops!!!!

Thank you Hannah !
If the Boots scales had be damn well working I might have yelped and done a jig in the middle of the shop lol !

Well done Mindy on reaching your goal and ahead of schedule! :winner:

I'm so so pleased for you :) x

Back