• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All booked and now on that road of no return

Nope not at all .. I still have a fat head though and I'm not sure if that's ever going to go ?
ESP when I wake for a wee in the night I feel a full 25.5st weight again ..
what I have noticed though in these last few weeks in the lack of stares .. before the op , we all know , those eyes would be on us , some a pitying stare , some just do not hide their disgust and some just plain curious .. I see to have slipped into the background and I'm deff not being noticed as much . Anyone else noticed this ? If not then take a look around when your shopping or anywhere public ..
my Moaning Myrtle knees are still so damn sore most of the time as well ! You'd think 98lbs spread between both knees would have made them better wahhhh !
Oh well , another 2 or 2.5st and I will get the ball rolling on them .. they may insist on another stone or 2 off but at least I will be on the list .. I'd really like to stop these high based pain killers .. the cocodamol I can cope with , but the tramadol I worry about . I try and limit that to 2 a day now ...
Moaning Myrtle over and out !
Mindy
Xxx

Sorry about the knees, I am struggling with one knee but not as much as you - it is probably another cartilage tear, not requiring a new knee yet! I am not on constant painkillers but it is stopping me from being active. Waiting for my repeat MRI on 2nd December to see if something happened after my knee surgery in June and it needs doing again :eek: Hopefully as you say you can get put into the system and aim to have something done by the time you have reached their requirements.

Had IV tramadol after my op and I did not like the feeling one little bit! very woosey and felt very sick with it! Haven't had tablets though. You are not moaning! If we cant be honest on here, where can we be!?????

Haven't noticed the stares in public - getting more stares at work as people try to work out if something has changed but they are not sure what! he he.

Hannah I loved those first quizzical stares , wanting to say something but not knowing if they have the right idea lol .. a lot of people thought my hair had changed !
Good luck with your knees .. mine began with a fall at my daughters chicken farm , which I didn't get checked out then of course it got arthritis in it and that's that.
Tramadol can be very odd indeed .. I've found if I take 2 together that I get anxious , which I've never ever been in my life ! So trying to back off it ..

My next wish is now to go to sleep without that damn Justin Beiber song looping through my brain !

Hannah I loved those first quizzical stares , wanting to say something but not knowing if they have the right idea lol .. a lot of people thought my hair had changed !
Good luck with your knees .. mine began with a fall at my daughters chicken farm , which I didn't get checked out then of course it got arthritis in it and that's that.
Tramadol can be very odd indeed .. I've found if I take 2 together that I get anxious , which I've never ever been in my life ! So trying to back off it ..

My next wish is now to go to sleep without that damn Justin Beiber song looping through my brain !
I have problems with Tramadol..Was ok the first time i had it after gall bladder, in fact felt great, but became psychotic on it after my appendix so it is on the no go list now. Would be good to wean yourself off if you can. Mine was bad in the summer 2015 and keeping me awake so I was taking a nightly Solpadeine for about three weeks before I realised it was what was making my brain go funny. They even sent me for a dementia assessment it was so bad! Was difficult to come off that in that short time. Have also have other experiences of being addicted to prescription drugs, some I have overcome, and some I am still fighting. Some doctor's can be a bit prescription happy. :(

I have the occasional steroid injection about once every three months for my knees whilst I wait to lose enough weight for my knee replacement, the very occasional ibuprofen, and topic applications when needed. My biggest winner against pain has been hydrotherapy which improves the muscle support around the joints which i have been doing for past 5 years. Did a two mile walk today with my rollator. Shins a bit sore and no doubt I will feel stiff tomorrow but it was worth it to get the fresh air and the views. :) Just had a nice hot shower.

My arthritis started with a fall too where i tore a ligament and didn't get it checked out immediately and carried on working as i had just started a new live in job as a housekeeper so couldn't take time off.

I am not getting the stares yet as i don't see many people who don't know what i have had done, but that will change when I go away over the New Year with 60 people, a few know but some don't. At the moment I am fed up with it being the only topic people want to talk about when they see me, but then I am guessing I will be miffed if no one at new year notices. :confused:

FANTASTIC weight loss Mindy and enjoy bopping with Justin x

Well done on getting into the 18's, you'll be into the 17 stone bracket before you know it!

Justin Bieber - eek! I'm with my future second husband on this, Dave Grohl, I don't believe in guilty pleasures! if you like something, like it.......

Ah Dave Grohl, he is just so happy and smiley AND a rock God @Mazza - can we share? I'm totally with him on the none guilty pleasures bit. As a sometimes music writer I think there's an expectation about the sort of music I would have in my collection and I have some total cheesy cheese and I'm not ashamed. No Justin unless it's Timberlake tho but that particular song is a real earworm @countrywench and I've definitely done the dancing in your chair and playing songs on repeat :)

How's the make up going Mindy? Still enjoying it? Xx
I'm still very much enjoying make up .. I do tend to spend a little to much time lurking around Superdrug ! Battling breakouts at the moment , probably the change in weather , but got a huge volcano erupting right in the middle of my chin ! Arghhhh ..

I'm still very much enjoying make up .. I do tend to spend a little to much time lurking around Superdrug ! Battling breakouts at the moment , probably the change in weather , but got a huge volcano erupting right in the middle of my chin ! Arghhhh ..
Do you like dark lipsticks and brighter colours? There's a brand at Debenhams under Kat Von d but the colours are so lush - worth it if you're ever in a bright or gothic mood I love her stuff! X

I'm amassing quite a lot of points on my superdrug card @countrywench and definitely considering a beauty products advent calendar this year :)

Oh I earned proper kudos this year with a reenage relative ! I got her the Makeup Revolution advent calendar ! Her face was a picture .. £45 in Superdrug's mind you but I found a chap on eBay selling them off at £25 .. probably fell of the back of a lorry lol ! I would have loved one myself ..
The one I would have loved to have in my mitts if this one
http://www.lookfantastic.com/seasonal/christmas/advent-calendar.list
Which has sold out ! Good job really or I might have been super tempted to bump my credit card bill up !

Mindy just had a read through your whole diary! Massive congrats on such an amazing loss so far. You're certainly smashing it and certainly seems like your reaping the rewards of your labours x x

Oh I earned proper kudos this year with a reenage relative ! I got her the Makeup Revolution advent calendar ! Her face was a picture .. £45 in Superdrug's mind you but I found a chap on eBay selling them off at £25 .. probably fell of the back of a lorry lol ! I would have loved one myself ..
The one I would have loved to have in my mitts if this one
http://www.lookfantastic.com/seasonal/christmas/advent-calendar.list
Which has sold out ! Good job really or I might have been super tempted to bump my credit card bill up !

I have bought the OH the l'occitane advent calendar -it is for me too, if we can agree on who has what! It is a distraction from chocolate advent calendars!

I went for a flutterby advent calendar since the kids want Lego ones.
http://www.superdrug.com/Flutter/Flutter-Beauty-Advent-Calendar/p/656208
It's cheap and currently half price, plus it has 24 windows rather than 12 and enough stuff I'm likely to use. There's apparently an M&S one around £35 with stuff worth £200 in. This is much more fun than sticking some cheap chocolate in your gob before breakfast and not even tasting it :)

Ooooo Fee I like the look of that ! Off to marks and spencer tomorrow morning then !

Back