• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

hey Kirsty .. Hope it all went ok and your feeling comfortable .. Xxxx

Hi Kirsty. Hope all went well. When you are feeling better please give us an update to let us know you are ok. In the meantime get as much rest as possible xxx

Hi Kirsty. Hope you're ok. Looking forward to seeing your updates xx

Hi everyone thanks for ur thoughts. Im sorry taken me so long to update iv had a really tough few days. Was supposed to be home yesterday but was quite poorly so they kept me an extra day. Iv been home about an hour now.

Wednesday was op day i woke up in some pain which was to be expected but for the last 48hrs all iv done is vommit. Well more like dry heaving and coughing up foam an some black stuff. The pain from constantly bein sick with my newly sleeved stomach has been awful. Iv only been sick once today tho an that was after the vitamin drops. Im alot better in myself and im moving around plenty. Im barely managing sips of nas squash. Water didnt agree with me and i find if i drink standing up its stays down better. Been a strange few days but hopefully will see a big improvement.

I ended up being first on the list as they were not sure if i would b key hole or open. They managed to do keyhole in the end but its all funny. There is 6 incisions an they are pretty much all on the left side shaped like a C i suppose. I previously had a tummy tuck and muscle repair in 2009 which makes it almost impossible to go in usual key hole spots.

Im jus sat in car waiting for hubby to fetch kids out school didnt wanna stay at home by myself lol.

Will update again soon.

Kirsty xx

Oh bless you. I had the dry heaving too and I know what you mean about the pain that causes. I hope it all continues to settle down. It didn't take me long to start feeling loads better and actually keep fluids down. Fingers crossed it's the same for you x

Hands up for dry heaving here too and the foam. On day 3 it stopped. Keep following the rules as best you can and you'll soon feel better.

I was lucky and didn't have heaving but it was painful taking anything in, especially water (even now first thing in the morning and water) so try tea, ginger tea was great and helped with wind too and maybe suck on an ice cube... Just have to be so careful about getting dehydrated, it makes things much worse so if you can take some painkillers and start sipping as soon as they kick in, that might help... All the best hun

Glad to hear you are back home and ON THE LOSERS BENCH!! Hurrah for you

Everything smells and tastes funny is that normal? Xx

Everything tasted particularly strange to me for a week. And my tongue looked awful. I put it down to ketosis. My breath had that strange sweet smell. I'm assuming it's normal!

I cant shake the smell of the hospital from me iv washed twice and changed my clothes. Im shattered now so jus getting into bed im praying for a good nights sleep as i think that will make a worlds difference. Im still only managing small sips of nas squash and i still have to drink standing up. Im supposed to start protein shakes tomorrow but i dont think i will b ready. Gna jus take it slowly dont wanna push myself an end up with sickness agen.

Kirsty xx

That's good advice Kirsty , listen to your own body , if your not ready for the next stage then wait .. Although if you loosen the shakes down with some milk if you can , then sip at them , they will make you feel a little better and perk you up .. Don't forget you can add milk powder to your soups to get extra protein down ..
Take it easy and get plenty of rest .. I lazed about for a full week after the band was fitted , giving it good time to settle and heal inside . You've got worse surgical scars inside than I had so need to be extra careful for a while ..
How are people around you reacting ?

Im taking it easy but i still have to stand and rock like im in labour when drinking. Helps it go down and stay down and brings the wind up. I slept from about 10-3 so had a few hours but after that was awake ever half hour so got up about 6.30am. I was in some pain during the night but iv managed some paracetamol this morning. Iv also managed a very small cup of milk. Like 50ml not a lot but it went down ok. Gna try the shakes later today gotta go get some cuz hubby bought wrong ones lol. Im managing most meds an my injections. I am worried about my vitamin drops as they made me vommit yesterday and im scared will happen agen cuz it hurts so bad. Only my hubby knows and he is being ok im getting on with it he jus around if u need him. He follows me on the stairs cuz im exhausted an cud fall but mostly im ok. My kids are jus being normal they know iv been in hospital but not why. My 5 year old is taking good care of me she wont leave me alone haha. My mom id visiting today probably with my nan but im looking better than i feel so she shouldnt b too suspicious. Im not going to tell my mom unless it becomes an issue as she was quite suspicious while i was in hospital. Jus see how it goes. In a week or so no one will know anythin happened at all lol.

Kirsty xx

Well done, you've been through the wringer and made it so it's good to take it easy now and as you say, listen to your body. For me the most important thing was to keep hydrated, with whatever liquid went down best. I have not been on protein shakes or anything and am doing fine now with watered down yoghurt, teas and soups - still can't take plain water but sucking on ice cubes helps, am 10 days out. All the best, you doing well.

Wow 10 days out didnt realise u were so close to me. Im on day 3 i suppose now or is it day 4. My op was wednesday lol. Im managing milk, protein shake a tiny bit and nas squash. May try sugar free jelly later and soup tomorrow i think. Im supposed to have two protein shakes a day but i have to half them and have 4 small ones atm. Im not allowed yogurts for the first 4 weeks. Liquids, jelly or soup only for now xx

Yes keep listening to your body and take it at your own pace. I could smell anaesthetic for a few days after but it faded quickly thankfully. And you're right, in a few days no one will be able to tell anything happened - well until you start dropping weight noticeably :)

My husband barely saw me out of bed for day 1 and 2 so when he came to collect me on day 3 he said wow u can tell you have lost weight. Think he finally saw all the weight i had lost pre op. Im not going to weigh myself until wednesday as normal cuz i still feel really bloated and wanna try stick to my weekly weigh in.
Iv jus managaed a few hours nap which was needed gna try have some paracetamol now im always sore when i wake up an my throat is so sore also.

Im gna try upload a pic of somethin i bought pre op out primark was only £2 an i fill them with nas squash. I havent had one since my op as i made them too strong so will make them agen later and better i hope lol.

Think its worked. They are little ice lolly molds.

Kirsty xx

Attachments

• 20160528_164934.jpg
    20160528_164934.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
Back