• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Haha a lot of people do name their new tummys lol

Well today i got up early had a shower, washed, dried, and straightened my hair which is very long, did some make up an put some decent clothes on. This took me almost 3 hours haha by time i was done i was shattered. I then went shoppin to 2 different supermarkets and got soaked in the rain. By time i got home id barely got the energy to put my pj's on im done in now. But been a nice day. Really struggeld with soup at dinner wind and gurgling was extra bad so only had a little. My incisions are a little sore now think iv defo over done it. Gna try relax tonight.

I was naughty this morning and peaked at the scales an i was very shocked in a good way. I will check agen in the morning and update as wednesday is my official weigh in day and will b 1 week post op. Out of curiosity what did u all lose in ur 1st week post op if you can remember.

Kirsty xx

Think mine was 18lb or something but i done that at 10days post op had barely ate - slowed down a lot since. well done on going out! it will knacker you for a bit lol xx

I think I was 7 or 8lbs too but since then it's mostly 1 or 2lbs but I've never lost weight consistently for even a month so I'm happy for the most part. Take it easier tomorrow young lady :)

I didn't lose anything! I went into hospital on the Wednesday morning and they said I was 17 stone 5 which I agreed with as my home scales said the same. I came out the following day - Thursday tea time and I was 18 stone plus. I can only assume it was fluids??? I'd opened my bowels in hopsital so it wasn't that. I did have endless drips until I left hopsital - but I was only there for 26 hours total! I was well fed up!!!! x

I was pumped with 5/6 bags of fluid in there as couldnt take anythin myself they took last bak off about an hour b4 i went home. I avoided weighing myself straight away as i knew would b more from swelling etc. Im gna go weigh myself now seen how much it is. Will update very shortly xx

Well i just weighed myself an in my first week post op i have lost.......
13LB WOW
Im over the moon wi that.

Kirsty xx

Congratulations! I hope it makes up for how rough you've been feeling in the first few days x

I was on drips for the first 36 hours so waited a week to weigh myself to avoid any unpleasant shocks too. I know from being in hospital previously when I was very ill and not able (or conscious) to eat and drink your body goes into panic mode and hangs on to whatever it can get.

Yh it makes the tough time i had an my 48 hours of hell in the hospital not seem so bad lol.

This morning i finally managed to drink my full protein shake i usually have to have it in 2 halfs and last night i managed to finish my 100ml soup. Im definatly slowly starting to manage more at a time.

Kirsty xx

Can i have the tassimo coffee pods jus the costa latte ones? I obviously wont add sugar and will probably only manage half a cup? What u think xx

Thanks everyone. Today had been such a good day an iv just tried to take some paracetamol for a head ache an bad back an i threw up. Ah i was doing so well. Never mind x

I'm fine with the costa latte tassimo drinks. Started about day 6 and no problems but tend to only have one or two at most. Congratulations on your superb loss!!!!

Can i have children paracetamol instead of the disolvable ones an how much wud i need to equal two 500g tabs xx

I was given the 6+ calpol and had to have 4 syringes. It says the adult dose on the side. It took so long to do that I bought the children's 6+ fast melts. I just suck them and far better at work!! The adult dose is 4 tablets.

Thanks for that lynn i will have to get some cuz im suffering with a lot of head aches xx

Well im 9 days post op an feeling ok. Im still a little sore and very bruised. I can see iv lost weigh which feels great. Im managing my intake a little better an im sipping away all day at a flavoured water i found an love and its sugar free, as well as soup, jelly an protein shakes. Cant wait to weigh in agen wednesday. Im not takon my vitamin drops they make me vommit every time so they not goin in anyway.

Kirsty xx

Back