• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And so it begins...Kirsty's journey to a sleeve!!

Oh my gosh, one more sleep! I bet you are very excited. Not long and you will be on the losers bench!

I'm 5 weeks post op today ... Good luck it is all worth it ... My husband told me to slow down yesterday whilst shopping lol ... Defo got a spring in my step now !! Xx

Hi everyone. Wow im so excited, scared, nervous, anxious im feeling so many different emotions today my head feels like its gna explode. I dont know if to laugh or cry. I cant believe im getting my sleeve tomorrow. Im scared of my phone today haha dreading it ringing and being hospital saying its cancelled. Surely i would of heard by now if that was gna happen. Jus gotta get through today.

Kirsty xx

I bet your are so excited ! I to was very emotional before surgery ..
Akin to the Star Wars line .. Help me obi one kin obi , your my only hope :) ..
This is our hope , our last chance .. Everything we are is wrapped up in this ..
Try not to be to nervous about tomorrow . Take some long deep breathes and think of Thursday , the first day of your new life , your new fantastic life ! All the clothes your going to buy , the chairs you can sit in , the shoes that will fit , healthier and fitter and more fun !
We will be here waiting to hear from you
Mindy
Xxxx

Last edited:
Weight loss is never a standard line downwards. It's a wiggly drop and stall and drop. You know you stuck to it and that's all that matters. The objective of the LRD isn't to lose weight after all - it's to shrink and soften your liver. You will be fine.

Good look for tomorrow. I can so so relate as its 52 weeks tomorrow that I had mine. I sit here a year exactly ahead of you, with around the same start weights and I know you will be superbly happy this time next year sweetheart.

Sending lots of best wishes. Remember your emotions will drop and you will have a piggy few days post the anaesthetic. Most do and weeping is common. Pay no heed. It's just the drugs.

Thinking of you xx

Thanks everyone. Iv jus been to gp where the nurse did my clexane injection an showed me how to do it. Iv had no phone calls today so looks like its full steam ahead. I have to b at the hospital for 7am and get checked in. Iv no idea what time my op is as they dont tell u till your there. I will try update tomorrow as long as i have some signal on my phone.

Iv gotta get showered now and wash and dry my hair and i still havent packed my bag lol. Gna sort all that now tho. Any last minute sugestions for things to pack in my bag case iv forgotten something.

Kirsty xx

I'm so excited on your behalf! Check your hospital bag,empty the bins stock up fridge for a couple of days and get a good night's sleep and get ready for your new life! See you on the losers bench x

Sleep well and see you on the other side
Mindy
Xxxxx

Wishing you all the very best for today x

Jus weighed mysels an iv lost 3lb this week so thats 16lb in total for my 3 weeks LSD. Im uo and showered ready. Jus waiting for hubby an kids to wake up . Gotta leave house about 6.15am to drop kods off at my moms and get to hospital for 7am. Im surprisingly calm this morning. Iv very tired tho as didnt sleep well.

Well todays the day my new life journey begins. Thank you all for sticking with me its helped me through it all.

Update when i know my theatre slot later.

Kirsry xx

All checked in seen the nurse and bariatric nurse. Waiting to see surgeon and anesatist apparently they dont start till 8-8.30. There is only 3 of us on the list so even if im last shouldnt b too long i hope.

Kirsty xx

That's good news. I was last so in at 7 and not taken down till after 3pm!
Just keep taking deep breathes and remember you've already lost over a stone, you can do this :)

Thinking of you, see you on the loser's bench :)

Back