• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone watching holby city bbc 1 18 feb?

You can't for a minute take this programme seriously.. I would be surprised if it would put anyone off weight loss surgery.

Unfortunately what happened to Rachel could happen and does happen with any form if abdo surgery not just WLS

David's loose skin was not the the fault of gastric surgery but being that big in the first place.

And clearly the girl with the band was very very unluckily, but u do question how poor her diet education was 1 year post band... Makes me somewhat cynical!

I didn't want to watch this because I am having the op in 2 days time.. but morbid curiosity dragged me to the TV. wtf... the girl with the band had to travel 200 miles to find out about nutrition? Surely at some point in her weight loss journey someone would have told her that chocolate spread sandwiches were not the best thing to have for breakfast when you are trying to loose weight?

One useful thing is to know that WLS is still perceived as a 'quick fix for those who cant diet or exercise'... and that we are all so fixated on food that we would liquidise chips!! I am glad that my decision is a secret

I can't even bring myself to blend fruit as I'm concerned of the high Cal and sugar content let alone donuts!! Haha..
Plus really, even with a band, if u wanted a donut u could eat a donut!!

I didn't want to watch this because I am having the op in 2 days time.. but morbid curiosity dragged me to the TV. wtf... the girl with the band had to travel 200 miles to find out about nutrition? Surely at some point in her weight loss journey someone would have told her that chocolate spread sandwiches were not the best thing to have for breakfast when you are trying to loose weight? One useful thing is to know that WLS is still perceived as a 'quick fix for those who cant diet or exercise'... and that we are all so fixated on food that we would liquidise chips!! I am glad that my decision is a secret

Good luck for your op in 2 days time Beegee x

I didn't want to watch this because I am having the op in 2 days time.. but morbid curiosity dragged me to the TV. wtf... the girl with the band had to travel 200 miles to find out about nutrition? Surely at some point in her weight loss journey someone would have told her that chocolate spread sandwiches were not the best thing to have for breakfast when you are trying to loose weight? One useful thing is to know that WLS is still perceived as a 'quick fix for those who cant diet or exercise'... and that we are all so fixated on food that we would liquidise chips!! I am glad that my decision is a secret

I haven't told many people as of yet, but once I know for certain if I'm having the wls I will be letting everyone know. And I will be telling them it's not the easiest option, it's one of the biggest decisions I will make in my entire life!! I understand the secrecy side if it though.

Good luck for your op, keep us updated! Xx

Kirsty

im the same xkirsty my wls is a secret for now till I have a date only my sister & my manager and team leader know and im happy with that I have even changed my name to los in it on here as my other name was too close to what my friends and family call me as I don't want anyone (at least not yet) stumbling across me on line just yet at least not till im ready to spill my beans

im the same xkirsty my wls is a secret for now till I have a date only my sister & my manager and team leader know and im happy with that I have even changed my name to los in it on here as my other name was too close to what my friends and family call me as I don't want anyone (at least not yet) stumbling across me on line just yet at least not till im ready to spill my beans

You will tell them when you're good and ready! My close family know, and a few other important people. I put an excited status on Facebook the other day and lots of people wanted to know what I was talking about and just keep saying - you will all know in due course! - I'll tell who I want to tell, before I tell the nosey people!! Xx

Kirsty

I can understand this to as I haven't told anyone that I am going for wls except for sister and Neice. Will tell more when I'm ready

I watched this too I took it all very tongue in cheek. But on queue my sister text '' hope you haven't watched that thing on channel 5'" grrr frustrating..... I said iv researched for 6 years now forums/personal diaries/every program under the sun and they are by far the mildest 'HORROR stories' I have seen..... She replied 'Poor you very scary' ?

I couldn't watch it..too soon after my Op..plus I don't want to think of skin etc..not yet anyway :/

A big WELL DONE to anyone who made it to the end of this program with their sanity intact, their blood pressure still normal, and didn't kick their own tv due to extreme frustration.....

Skin man, yep, lose a shed load of weight and yep, your gonna have loose skin. If every surgeon in the UK will do the surgery if he loses more weight then they think he can.

Gastric band lady, unfortunate (very) but wasn't sure if she'd had a bypass or sleeve, she only said her stomach is the size of her finger (er....... same as mine, by request then). Living proof if you eat liquidised high calorie food and your going to put on weight. No sh1t sherlock. And having to travel 200 miles to see the goddess, saviour, new messiah, THAT blond totty dietician on every other reality health program. Had to turn off at that moment before I kicked my own tv in. What no dietician's where she lives, GP, original provider, anyone????? My provider dumped that dietician, so glad as I refused to see her before that joy had been raised. His new one is ace!!

And now on catchup...

Bypass lady, leak. Horrendous bad luck, surgeon skill. But what they didn't dwell on is the opiats which actually were the probable cause of the internal failure. Whoever was dishing them out should have followed guidelines/common sense of the side effects. Not just caused by wls.

And breathe........

A big WELL DONE to anyone who made it to the end of this program with their sanity intact, their blood pressure still normal, and didn't kick their own tv due to extreme frustration..... Skin man, yep, lose a shed load of weight and yep, your gonna have loose skin. If every surgeon in the UK will do the surgery if he loses more weight then they think he can. Gastric band lady, unfortunate (very) but wasn't sure if she'd had a bypass or sleeve, she only said her stomach is the size of her finger (er....... same as mine, by request then). Living proof if you eat liquidised high calorie food and your going to put on weight. No sh1t sherlock. And having to travel 200 miles to see the goddess, saviour, new messiah, THAT blond totty dietician on every other reality health program. Had to turn off at that moment before I kicked my own tv in. What no dietician's where she lives, GP, original provider, anyone????? My provider dumped that dietician, so glad as I refused to see her before that joy had been raised. His new one is ace!! And now on catchup... Bypass lady, leak. Horrendous bad luck, surgeon skill. But what they didn't dwell on is the opiats which actually were the probable cause of the internal failure. Whoever was dishing them out should have followed guidelines/common sense of the side effects. Not just caused by wls. And breathe........

Well thank you for making me look like a fool when I actually manically laughed whilst in the quietest university library!! Well said..

As pretty much said above, the programme was ludicrous, including the title. When gastric bandS go wrong? Only one person featured had had a band, the other two were bypassers!

Regarding the loose skin man, it's a hardly a shock that if you start off 42 stone then lose tons of weight, you're going to have loose skin.

I'm sure he's unhappy, but please have some dignity, do thousands of viewers really need to see you sitting on the loo?

I'm sceptical at his claim that no surgeon in the country would help him. I've seen similar programmes where people with masses of loose skin had surgery. There must be a reason why he's being refused.

I'm sure all three of these people only did the programme because they were told Ch5 would pay for private medical help.

As for the gastric band girl, I would suspect her extreme problems were caused by her misusing the band because she cannot control her eating. The fact she subsequently managed to get that fat with a stomach the 'size of her little finger' makes me think she was determined to eat the wrong foods no matter what. It's not exactly common for stomachs to explode with gastric bands.

Also, I could have slapped her for saying it was 'mostly' her problem. Mostly. MOSTLY!??

I must have missed the part where she's unable to feed herself.

As for the third woman who had the awful bowel problems - I'm glad she was helped. None of that was her fault, so at least one good thing came out of the show.

However it should have been called 'A Sensationalised Version Of Severe Complications Resulting From Weight Loss Surgery'. Maybe not quite so catchy though?

ridiculous programme, didn't make it to the end.

I watched it with my sister and spent the whole time shouting at the telly shes not exactly over the moon about me going for the surgery so it put her off abit more. Me... made me more determind to use this tool correctly.

I watched it with my sister and spent the whole time shouting at the telly shes not exactly over the moon about me going for the surgery so it put her off abit more. Me... made me more determind to use this tool correctly.

That is exactly how it has made me feel, more determined to do it properly! My mum didn't want me to watch it, but I told her afterwards how much it annoyed me... Hasn't put me off one bit!

Kirsty

was thinking the same thing, why put yourself through all that pain, telling your family(or not in some cases) only to not use it wisely and go right back to where you started and then add more to boot ,I just don't get it !

I watched the program and although interesting I thought the headline was wrong. What went wrong to the gent when he lost 20 stone ? He had lots of loose skin. I'm sure that when I have my sleeve done in December the same thing will happen to me, but on a smaller scale. As for the ladies I felt rather sorry for them. The program for me I felt didn't have enough content.

I thought this programme was pathetic.....
So many faults to it...the only good part of this programme was that lady who had a bowel problems fixed for her,due to no fault of her own.

Back