• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone watching holby city bbc 1 18 feb?

I haven't told many people as of yet, but once I know for certain if I'm having the wls I will be letting everyone know. And I will be telling them it's not the easiest option, it's one of the biggest decisions I will make in my entire life!! I understand the secrecy side if it though. Good luck for your op, keep us updated! Xx Kirsty

Hi Kirsty. I too want to keep my surgery quiet. Not that I've had it yet! My consultation isn't until 2nd November but it's a strange thing. I'm embarrassed about it and not sure whether it's because I have failed at every diet before and have to admit to failing or because I don't want everyone waiting for me to fail again. Very complex.

Hi Kirsty. I too want to keep my surgery quiet. Not that I've had it yet! My consultation isn't until 2nd November but it's a strange thing. I'm embarrassed about it and not sure whether it's because I have failed at every diet before and have to admit to failing or because I don't want everyone waiting for me to fail again. Very complex.
hi guys I haven't really told anyone about going for surgery except for close family. Probably for the same reasons, I've failed every diet before too and I don't want them waiting for me to fail again

c5 saving britain`s 70 stone man

just started on c5 regarding saving the life of a 70 stone man called keith

hi guys I haven't really told anyone about going for surgery except for close family. Probably for the same reasons, I've failed every diet before too and I don't want them waiting for me to fail again

Hello Chappers, hello Corgi.
I understand both your reservations about telling people, I'm hesitant about telling anyone other than my really close friends and family because I still don't know for definite that I'll be having wls.
I have a lot of friends that are supportive about my weight loss, but I still don't want them to know yet. I'm no longer ashamed or embarrassed about having wls, I've struggled for so long trying to lose weight, not many of my friends can understand that, so if they don't understand, or think I shouldn't have it done, or even tell me it's the easy option - I will be telling them truthfully, and if need be, harshly, that it is my choice, it is not the easy option, and my life will change for ever - for the better!

It's not about what other people think, as long as it's what you want, and you have someone there for you to help you through it, it doesn't matter. A lot of people have said in other threads, that it brings out other peoples insecurities, which makes them be horrible about it, take it with a pinch of salt.

Good luck to both of you!

Kirsty

I too chose to only tell my very closest family and friends. I'm 2 and a half weeks post op now and onto soft foods. Went for dinner to mums house to see my nieces and sister I ate slowly and only had a small portion I don't think anyone noticed! It's not as hard to keep quiet as I initially expected. Hope that helps x

I too chose to only tell my very closest family and friends. I'm 2 and a half weeks post op now and onto soft foods. Went for dinner to mums house to see my nieces and sister I ate slowly and only had a small portion I don't think anyone noticed! It's not as hard to keep quiet as I initially expected. Hope that helps x
yeah definitely it's great to read everyone's tips and stories. Can't wait to meet surgeon next week and hopefully agree date for soon after

watched this tv shocker and have come away feeling soo sad for the man in it. the voice over said he after around a year and a half of dieting he had lost approx. 25 stone in weight ....well that is me in weight, that really shocked me I cannot image been 70 stone at times I did worry about becoming one of those people I know deep down it wasn't going to happen to me but I guess he thought that too .part 2 is on next week where he (fingers x) he gets his surgery and starts a better life.

I've watched this tonight with my partner. and I have to admit, this was my fear - to lose my mobility. I couldn't lose the weight, never lost more than a stone and a half. So I do feel for him. And it could have been me.

i'm watching on +1 channel just starting his pre op he done amazingly well to loose that weight prior by just dieting as hes unable to move so sad to see him trying to stand heartbreaking .......... blimey over 2 stone gone pre op good luck to him i shall be glued next week

its a vicious circle once you've lost mobility due to weight its difficult to shift as you cant move around enough....... cant imagine not being able to get to my feet tho. despite my weight i was always pretty fit and mobile until ME (chronic fatigue) hit me along with depression and anxiety couldn't walk far, didn't leave the house, the weight piled on, spent most days and night in bed mentally it destroyed me, so i can imagine what hes going thru, thankfully i managed to pull myself back before i reached that point of no return. look forward to seeing his road to recovery next week

i was thinking to myself who the heck eats 24 eggs in one sitting? at my worst i could eat 3 doughnuts 2x chrisps and 2 (diet!) pepsi when i got in from work then eat a dinner then get through a bag of haribos when i took them to bed. i know i would eat out of boredom carefully during the day when at work .hated people seeing me eat then pig out when i got home .

There,but for the grace of God, go I.
Good luck to him.

i was thinking to myself who the heck eats 24 eggs in one sitting? at my worst i could eat 3 doughnuts 2x chrisps and 2 (diet!) pepsi when i got in from work then eat a dinner then get through a bag of haribos when i took them to bed. i know i would eat out of boredom carefully during the day when at work .hated people seeing me eat then pig out when i got home .
But this is my point. The volume isn't the issue - its the same binge eat cycle we've all been through. We could all have been him. We just got that wakeup call sooner.

I came in half-way through, and found it very upsetting. I hear you Yve, and agree that it could be any of us ... Though it begs the question that if he hadn't been out of the house for 11years, how was he accessing the 10,000 cals a day ... Perhaps this was explained before I tuned in.

I presume his sister was cooking it for him. clearly she has her own issues - I suspect she feels guilty and responsible for his condition and she was trying to help him feel better by giving him what he wanted. And frankly we are masters of manipulation when it comes to getting our food. My OH would get an earful if he came between me and something I wanted.

Is part 2 next week? Oh good, I thought they said later in the year. I hope he gets lots of help with the skin removal though, the other 70 stone man who had surgery still has all his! X

But this is my point. The volume isn't the issue - its the same binge eat cycle we've all been through. We could all have been him. We just got that wakeup call sooner.
I agree Yve. I was having mobility issues at my heaviest and had I carried on the way I was, I too could see myself like he was. Once you are in that cycle it's very hard to break it. It was very sad, and I do hope he gets through it. Thank god we got that wake up call hey? X

I agree Yve. I was having mobility issues at my heaviest and had I carried on the way I was, I too could see myself like he was. Once you are in that cycle it's very hard to break it. It was very sad, and I do hope he gets through it. Thank god we got that wake up call hey? X

Indeed. And thank god we were in a place to hear it.

Back