• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2015 Surgeries

how are you getting on? I think today I feel an improvement, eating better, moving better but still painful! Op was 22nd, good luck x

I'm beginning to feel human now thanks. Struggled for 1st few days with the pain plus the fact I just couldn't stand the pain meds as they made me feel sick, so did without. A week post op today and much, much better. Just knackered all the time. How are you doing? Is the pain ok? Are you managing your liquids?

I'm managing my liquids ok, I have timers for everything so I don't forget. Pain is ok but I've had muscle spasm
On my left side of back because I think I was hunching over and that's worse! Only one more injection to go :) dressings are very itchy..., argh... I haven't weighed yet, doing it tomorrow but I do look and feel thinner ?

Well I'm down to 102.8kg from 112.4kg pre op, so that 9.6kg in 3 weeks. 3.6kg in my first week after surgery, bmi down to 39 so I've moved into the next section I'm just obese now! X

Yay who'd have thought we would celebrate being obese haha

Yeah it's my first goal to be "merely" obese, never thought I'd see a day when I said that!
Did my last injection yesterday, so that's one milestone, and removed the dressings too. Now just waiting for the sterstrips to fall off natuarally. Then on Friday it'll be puree here I come :)

I did my last injection today, took dressings off too, our hospital likes 4 weeks liquid only, so 3 more weeks to lol!!

Yes exactly. I am always a hot person but I've been feeling the cold the last few days, must because I'm not as fat lol!

Me too, have been shivering. 4 weeks liquids is tough, but having said that my two weeks doesn't even allow me yoghurt or whizzed up soup or milk shakes, they consider that part of the puree stage, which I have to be on for 4 weeks. Still I'm looking forward to it as milk and clear broth are getting old fast.

Been reading about you all being of post op liquid diet, Totally different from what Sunderland told me I was straight onto puree from day 1 out of hospital but they did stress to give the full 4 weeks.

Wish there was some consistency of advice nationwide.

I think the advice is very varied just like the preop diet.

I did 1 week clear liquids and thin yogurts, 1 week thicker yogurts and thicker soups. 1.5 weeks of puree and then moved on to mashed. Tbh my surgery and Nutritionalist disagree too, so who knows

Back