• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2015 Surgeries

Thank you :) my motivation was to live longer and more healthily to be able to support my autistic son better and for longer. I didn't expect I'd enjoy it so much along the way :)
ahh Hun that's it we all have our reasons and you and all off us have made positive change xxx

Not checked in for a while, I had my 6 week check up last week and I started at 32 stone & im now 25 stone ....that's including the 4 week pre op so I'm really happy with that obviously still a very long way to go but it's coming off nicely

Not checked in for a while, I had my 6 week check up last week and I started at 32 stone & im now 25 stone ....that's including the 4 week pre op so I'm really happy with that obviously still a very long way to go but it's coming off nicely

That's an amazing achievement!!

7 stone in 6 months .... WOW!!!!

Imagine where you'll be after a year!!! xx

awesome figures kirstyjade, be really proud of yourself

Kirsty your doing amazing you almost the weight I was when started this journey xxx bet you feel loads better. Xxxx

not 6 months lol 10 weeks in total :)

That actually worries me a little Kirsty that is almost 10lbs a week for 10 weeks, that's amazing but not sure its totally healthy what did the doctors say ?
I had lost 30lbs in 6 weeks post op and the consultant says he would be concerned if I kept losing at that rate.

Pleased for you, just little concerned. ;)

Well done vain, brilliant! I however got on the scales today and it it said 0.2kg gain since Saturday. Omg, I even did 15000 steps yesterday, but I have had 2 chocolate buttones and 2 minstrels this week, but I can't imagine ese 4 tiny bits haven't on 0.2kg. My first slip and I am not pleased .....

Well done vain, brilliant! I however got on the scales today and it it said 0.2kg gain since Saturday. Omg, I even did 15000 steps yesterday, but I have had 2 chocolate buttones and 2 minstrels this week, but I can't imagine ese 4 tiny bits haven't on 0.2kg. My first slip and I am not pleased .....
omg good Hun bet it's just a little blip I've had that when I do I don't go on the scales ; ) bugger me 2 choc buttons and minstrels will not do you any harm lol

I don't know if any of you are the same but there is so much food I can't eat anymore. It isn't my sleeve, that's happy to have anything, it's my taste buds! I ate most things before but not now, so many things, one mouthful and I feel sick. I can't touch eggs and they were a massive favourite, I don't like salmon or most fish, don't like tacos, bolognaise, don't like much cooked food. But I love toast, Skyr with blueberries, sandwich thins, milk, cheese, crackers, pickle, ham and pickle. I'm sure I'd love chocolate, cakes and biscuits but obviously not eating them! ! What about you guys? I'm nearly 10 weeks post op.

I don't know if any of you are the same but there is so much food I can't eat anymore. It isn't my sleeve, that's happy to have anything, it's my taste buds! I ate most things before but not now, so many things, one mouthful and I feel sick. I can't touch eggs and they were a massive favourite, I don't like salmon or most fish, don't like tacos, bolognaise, don't like much cooked food. But I love toast, Skyr with blueberries, sandwich thins, milk, cheese, crackers, pickle, ham and pickle. I'm sure I'd love chocolate, cakes and biscuits but obviously not eating them! ! What about you guys? I'm nearly 10 weeks post op.
i can eat same things as before but yes tastebuds have changed for me it's hit and miss could have something I like 1 week but another week will make me sick don't like sweet things never did but fancied Jamaican ginger cake had thinnest piece had to spit it out far too sweet I still struggle because am never hungry think it's got to be hormonal after surgery body and everything changes but the joys of WLS loving my weightloss feel so much healthier X

The only thing that I am struggling with are sweet tastes the same as Vain, even NAS squash made to the correct ratio is to sweet tasting have to water it down more. I would be lost without eggs and salmon Nicci. those are my 2 staples since going back to solids.
I start every day with scrambled egg or an omelette now adding turkey bacon so a full protein breakfast.

Last edited:
For my breakfast I have 1 slice whole meal toast with marmite, 200ml milk and a babybel light, everyday! 19 G protein. Occasionally a shredded wheat. I loved salmon and eggs before with a passion. Sweet things, I could eat anything still, sadly. But loving chicken.

Back