• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brian's Diary

i think its helping me ,i just spent today making green thai curry for them from scratch ,the smells really made me feel like id eaten,weird but true..,,,roll on dinner time lol!,im baby sitting my 10 week old angel grandaughter , we should both be on solids together , which is a funny feeling but nice .x good luck everyone ,x

you had to mention curry didn't you :drool:

i cant wait, r u too cold while doing this diet too, today im soooo cold my hand n toes r like ice xx

yeah it has been nippy down here :) and windy (not me you understand) :D

its freezing here today, really windy but im still sweatin ,as usual!,,,,,,x

im always hot stuff :p wear thin tops all year round.

Day 2 of 10
has now passed relatively smoothly had the same as day 1 it seems to work quite well. Tomorrow may be a bit awkward as I'm die at the Hospital at 12 for my Preop assessment and apparently i could be in there for up to 5 hours
Still another one gone 8 to go :)

• Breakfast started off with a cup of tea followed by a pint of Milk.
  • mid morning a ½ litre of Water.
  • Lunchtime I had Pint of Milk, OXO Cube (with Water ), a Fat Free yoghurt, a Banana and a Sugar Free Jelly
  • Mid afternoon a ½ litre of Water
  • Dinner Pint of Milk, A fat free Yoghurt an Apple and an Orange
  • Mid Evening A glass of Fresh Orange Juice

well done, them 8 days will b ova b4 u know it, im on day 4 already iv dropped the oxo cube and is just having milk muller rice n squash(no added suger) i like oxo cubes but it was starting to turn my stomach lol xx

Day 3 Pre-Op Diet

All is wonderful with the world today :)
I've not long been back from Pre-Op assessment and apart from the scare of very High Blood Pressure when I first got there everything has been good.
The assessment Nurse was superb, really pleasant and calming and although she said they wouldn't operate with my BP that high she said we'll try it again later with a different machine, which she did and it was (her words) Perfect :)
She took swabs for MRSA, I had to have an ECG which was also OK. I had to have bloods done and as it stands they are the only thing that I won't know the results of for a few days, although I've never had a problem with bloods in the past so I'm not worried about that. She said she would only call me if there was a problem.

Diet wise it seems to be a walk in the park I guess I've been really lucky to be able to cope with just the Milk and water and I'm still not having any cravings for real food.

So as it stands I carry on with the milk until they call me in on the 22nd and then on the 23rd :airquote:snip snip:airquote:

Day 3 Pre-Op Diet

All is wonderful with the world today :)
I've not long been back from Pre-Op assessment and apart from the scare of very High Blood Pressure when I first got there everything has been good.
The assessment Nurse was superb, really pleasant and calming and although she said they wouldn't operate with my BP that high she said we'll try it again later with a different machine, which she did and it was (her words) Perfect :)
She took swabs for MRSA, I had to have an ECG which was also OK. I had to have bloods done and as it stands they are the only thing that I won't know the results of for a few days, although I've never had a problem with bloods in the past so I'm not worried about that. She said she would only call me if there was a problem.

Diet wise it seems to be a walk in the park I guess I've been really lucky to be able to cope with just the Milk and water and I'm still not having any cravings for real food.

So as it stands I carry on with the milk until they call me in on the 22nd and then on the 23rd :airquote:snip snip:airquote:

Have you tried iced coffee yet make, pint of milk, coffee powder and ice cubes, makes a change from just normal milk, glad its going well for you, you will soon be there on the bench.

I've not tried Iced coffee no...I've never quite got my head round drinking cold coffee :)
I will try it though just to add a bit of variety thank you.

your doing good Brian! if you are anything like me I find it easier to stick to a simple no fuss diet and I dont think you can get much simpler than the milk diet! saying that 10-14 days will be my max before I'm deranged! :) keep up the high spirits. not long now!

ps silly Q but have you tried hot milky coffee too? that really fills me up and if you froth a little bit and pour it on top you can pretend you are at Starbucks ! :)

take care
Lynne
xxx

Good luck mate hope all goes well, 8 weeks + countin down 4 me. Keep me a place on that bench cuz I will be there. Thorts with u and everyone. Bigun.

your doing good Brian! if you are anything like me I find it easier to stick to a simple no fuss diet and I dont think you can get much simpler than the milk diet! saying that 10-14 days will be my max before I'm deranged! :) keep up the high spirits. not long now!

ps silly Q but have you tried hot milky coffee too? that really fills me up and if you froth a little bit and pour it on top you can pretend you are at Starbucks ! :)

take care
Lynne
xxx
Now Why I didn't think of that I don't know as I have one of those cheap little milk whizzer things for frothing up the Milk....Thanks for that, night time milky coffee it is then :)

Back