• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Charis...

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
...was taken to hospital last night with severe abdominal pain.
She has had blood tests and x-rays which show a leak to her pouch and possible peritinitis, they have her doped up on morphine and tried to put in an ng tube but she couldnt bear it.
She was in Harrogate hospital but said that she was being blue lighted to Sunderland and more surgery is possible.
She was texting me herself and so was her husband, he said she is really ill.
She asked me to let you all know and to ask for your prayers to help her through this.
She also said that any SRH guys on here that are able to visit her would be most welcome. She was being well cared for where she was and didnt want to go to Sunderland but that is where she will be now. She said she will keep me updated.
So please lets all send out massive prayers for our dearest Charis and pray for a swift resolution to the horrible situation that she is now in.
Much love to you Charis xxx
Thank you xx
Steph xx

Reactions: Bev
Will keep you in prayers for a swift resolution to your problems charis x x x x

Oh bless her!! Please give her my love & prayers when you next speak/text her. Get better soon Charis. xxx

Thanks for the info Steph. xx

o my gosh just quickly nipped on pleeeeeeeese send my love and i hope to god this isnt to serious :(, im not surprised she didnt want to go to sunderland after her experiance... whats pernitius?.....

im thinking and praying for a speedy recovery, fancy this happening now :( x

OMG!!! I am so shocked. I'm not sure if I can visit her so soon after surgery but if I can I will get in to visit her!

I've just sent her a text wishing her speedy recovery but please keep us updated Steph & I will do the same if I hear anything!!

Poor Charis..

Awwww Steph..... how devastating.

I feel so upset for our Charis and her family... peritonitis can be so serious.

Thank you for keeping us posted Steph... it's a terrible shock and we all feel that Charis is family, love her so much....

My candles are lit and a prayer with her name is ready... she has great faith.

Do you think it's possible that we could post cards to her home address or to the hospital, for those of us too far away, me included? This may help to cheer her along, she has gone through so much and if I remember rightly, I don't think Charis had a straightforward bypass, she was in hospital for a while and went through the mill if my memory is correct.

Loving hugs to Charis and family, thank you again Steph xxx

Oh no I'm so shocked at this news - she was posting yesterday and never mentioned she was ill. How quickly did this come on?

Sending love and prayers. I hope they look after her well and get her fixed up and home soon.

o my gosh just quickly nipped on pleeeeeeeese send my love and i hope to god this isnt to serious :(, im not surprised she didnt want to go to sunderland after her experiance... whats pernitius?.....

im thinking and praying for a speedy recovery, fancy this happening now :( x

Peritinitus is inflammation and infection of the stomach.

:cry: oh charis sending you lots of love xxxx

Her last text a little while ago said that she hadnt seen the docs there yet but that there are signs of a leak or a perforation and a strong chance she is going to need more surgery. She says that she is okay because she has morphine but without it she is in agony.
When I hear more Ill update xx
Steph xx

Just had text from Charis, she's comfortable as she's been given morphine. I'm going to try & get in to see her but not sure if I can be so soon after surgery. Does anyone know?

Dear heaven I can't believe it....:eek: Poor Charis. How awful! I'll be giving it all i've got to pray for a swift and permanent recovery for Charis; she's such an inspiration to us all, particularly after she had such a rough time with her op.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted girls...

Charis has a very strong faith, so I have my little prayer written out by a brightly lit candle for her, since there is so very little we can do but to send our love and thoughts....

Our precious Sister in pain causes us pain too and I can feel it... if we are able to send blessings via cards and letters to Charis I would be so grateful.

If you get to see her Jacci, tell Charis she has an 'abundance of love, support and spiritual prayers heading her way'...

Love to all of my WLS Family, and Praying for a Speedy Recovery for our Precious Charis xxx

Poor Charis. So sorry to hear she is having problems. Hoping she gets sorted asap. Best wishes sweetie. xx
Thanks for the heads-up Steph. xx

A little verse for our Charis xxx

Charis you are stronger than you think,
remember to rise above.

Every challenge in your life
helps you to grow.

Every problem you encounter
strengthens your mind and your soul.

Every trouble you overcome
increases your understanding of life.

When all your troubles weigh
heavily on your shoulders,