• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2015 Surgeries

Siana, my nurse insisted that I measure my waist, neck etc. She said in those weeks when you think there is no.weight loss, you will see waist, tummy etc shrinking. I did not listen of course and did not measure but despite my slow weight loss, the notches my on belt is steadly moving on... I moved 4 holes since the op. So well done.
I think we are hitting the period where others start notice the difference. I tell them the truth.
Tina, great to see you got the B12 jabs.
I am seeing Profq Ammori tomorrow and will ask him to draw my stomach to exact scale. It better be tiny banana size!
:)

So mad that I didn't measure at the beginning, and I'm always banging on about how important it is. Wearing trousers today that I bought for a holiday in 2009, and they were too tight to wear when I got there! Today they fit ok round waist but I have no bum at all and my thighs are really small in comparison. I am not the shape I expected to be

Yes I was told how much different the shape will be.
Oh just wanted to share some 3 months photos. I am so glad my big tum and bum are reducing. Oh heck... how do you post photos...

I put my changing shape photo on to my profile, check out the shrinking tummy! No more being giving a seat on tube...Oh the humiliation!
Where are your photos guys!

Thank you,
What I meant was... My brain still did not catch up with my new, teeny stomach and thinks as if it is full size!! He he
Hence my need to visualise it to train silly brain ;)

ooh hope I didn't come across as patronising or anything there Tules, I was more thinking out loud. I am trying to train myself into not comparing myself to others which I know we all do, but I of course want to lose the maximum in the shortest time! Lol. I have 9 more sleeps until the real battle begins!
Jackie
x

Not brave enough for photos yet. I need to sort out bras, I can fit my hands in the cups of my sports bras along with my boobs...

You put photos on bu going to the top of this page ( when writing a post) press Advance and the will bring you to Attach from camera etc press on where you photos are you then come back to this page looks like you photos aren't but when you press send they come through hope that helps

I put my changing shape photo on to my profile, check out the shrinking tummy! No more being giving a seat on tube...Oh the humiliation! Where are your photos guys!

Your pics are fab!!! You've done so well and looking great :)

Thanks guys.
Jackie, did not feel offended at all. Was just trying to put thoughts in writing.

Saw my surgeon today. He said my new sleeved stomach the size of a large banana! I still made him draw it to scale, he has never being asked that before...he he.

He suggested two Centrum advance a day.
Suggested following healthy diet rather than calorie counting, but beware of sugar he said.
First 8 months are the easiest to loose weight apparently, that's the window to chance habits etc. After this period the weight will stabilize or my still slowly go down.

I asked him what factors contributed towards steady, long term weight loss in his patients. The answer is of course portion control and exercise. He said gradually we may feel to eat more, resist that to keep pouch small. His patients often went back to basics when that happened.

All sensible stuff. And recommendations are same as what "old timers" have been suggesting and implementing .
Banana eh!

Thanks, I'm averaging about 70-80 but not really thought about calcium, although I am having those high protein Arla yoghurt a at the moment, will have a look at MFP and see what I'm doing, how much calcium?

Siana - do you know how these are so high in protein. What is the source. I quite like them x

Tina the one I ate was a fruit yogurt which said 50g protein!

Tina the one I ate was a fruit yogurt which said 50g protein!
Sounds interesting. I read somewhere that you need a gram of protein each day for each inch of your height. Not sure how correct that is but it does make sense that taller people would need more as more bone.

Anyhoo, how are you Alison, has your wound healed ?

They are in pack of 4 small pots joined together,, I got them in Tesco, 40 g per 100g and 50g per 125g serving. Very nice too and really fill you up.

Siana - do you know how these are so high in protein. What is the source. I quite like them x

I think they have added whey protein to boost protein levels.

Arla skyr 'yogurts' are nice too, also made from qark I think.

Don't think I've ever seen them with 50g though - what make are they? Any chance of a pic?

Siana, my nurse insisted that I measure my waist, neck etc. She said in those weeks when you think there is no.weight loss, you will see waist, tummy etc shrinking. I did not listen of course and did not measure but despite my slow weight loss, the notches my on belt is steadly moving on... I moved 4 holes since the op. So well done. I think we are hitting the period where others start notice the difference. I tell them the truth. Tina, great to see you got the B12 jabs. I am seeing Profq Ammori tomorrow and will ask him to draw my stomach to exact scale. It better be tiny banana size! :)

A kiddies fun size one ;-)

I think they have added whey protein to boost protein levels. Arla skyr 'yogurts' are nice too, also made from qark I think. Don't think I've ever seen them with 50g though - what make are they? Any chance of a pic?

I am laughing now girls as I have taken the photos and when enlarged can see they are only 4.6 so the one yesterday was only 5 not 50g. That's what you get from asking your mum who is 75 to read the label to save you getting your glasses out of your bag!!!

Can't work out how to put the photo on. X

Back