• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down today

Hi Tracey, i would like to thank you for recomending this site to me whilst you was at Luton Hospital on Thursday, finding me way round it at the mo, Linda

hi fatidol (linda) im glad you have joined us love, you will see this is a great site for anyone in the process of weight loss surgery or for anyone already had surgery, any questions you have will get answered there a great bunch of people on here .....

Sharon, I have a date for my op which is June 17th as i was offered May but due to going away for my brothers wedding this was not suitable, i have to decide wether sleeve of bypass ?
Thanks
Linda

change of heart

due to my accident last week i have decided to not have weight loss surgery, nearly being killed has opened my eyes big time, it has been like a light being switched on for the first time in my life. why do i want to put myself through this risky op in case i die, i have been givin a second chance at life, and i am not going to abuse it, if i have to get used to eating tiny amounts of food and also having to go on the milk diet, then if i can do this for the sake of having an op then why cant i do it without the op, i am the only one to blame for being this size, no one forced the food into my mouth, so i have got to take charge of me and try to lose weight slowly, i never wanted the surgery just so i could be thin. i wanted it for health reason. well if i lose even a few stone my health will get better, so im going to finally take control of my eating. my god nearly dieing has a very strange effect on ones out look on life . most of my life, i have blamed my weight on every thing else but me, im not religious but someone saved my life this week, and if i can come through an accident like this,i can do anything , so i am now going to TRY and lose weight without an op . maybe in a year or two if i have not been able to do so, then i will think about it again . but im not going to risk my life for something i should be able to do for myself..... i wish all of you every success for your journeys and i will still post on here, as i really love this site and admire what you are all doing. but i really have to try and do this for myself alone .....even if i might fail...:)

it is all about personal choices Tray, I wish you all the best and am pleased the lightbulb moments are still out there, keep in touch and let us know how your getting on, x

I cant imagine how that must of felt for you trace, best of luck with your decision and future xxx

I can completely understand you feeling like this after such a huge shock.

I wish you the very best of luck in losing your weight. Please do still look in from time to time to let us know how you are getting on xxx

I'm sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience... and wanted to wish you luck in your (non-surgical) weight-loss journey!!!

Good for you hun! And good luck with your choice. I hope it works out for you :D xx

thank you all for your kind wishes, i truelly hope i can do this , i have never felt possitive about anything in my life before . they say god works in mysterious ways. i will still come in to see how you are all doing and to let you know how im getting on .......

Can I ask - are you absoultely sure? I mean surgery is a huge undertaking. Did you have even a small kernel of uncertainty before the accident?

x

Tray, i did a massive reply to this but got distracted by the phone and didnt realise it had n't posted.

I understand your reasons for wanting to give it one last go, especially since your near brush with death last week.

All i would say to you is this, yes give it one last go on your own (i'm guessing you're like most of us and have tried repeatedly to lose weight and going for this surgery was you finally admitting you can't do it alone). So give it a good go, but don't get taken of the list at the hospital. Keep doing as they ask but at the same time try and lose the weight yourself, at least then if you don't achieve your dream you won't be starting from scratch again....

I'm only saying this as i'm on my second run at wls. This time it's happening for me as i have realised with all the will in the world i am not going to get healthy on my own. Even being diagnosed diabetic didn't help me.

Good luck in your choice, don't ever think you can't rethink your decision in a couple of weeks time. Nobody will ever judge you, and we all wish you well xxx

Back