• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling a bit down today

hi, i'm with l&d and we have;
Mr Vigyan Jain.
Mr D Whitelaw.
Mr R Date. pronounced (dart-aye).
hope you get on ok. Sue.

Good luck at your appt tomorrow Tracy. I have asked to be put on the cancellation list my appt at the moment is 18th May, fingers crossed for the cancellation.

start of milk diet

well today i had my second appointment with nurse diatician and physc, they have now put me on the liquid diet for 4 weeks to lose my 5% of my body weight. i really hope i can do it in the 4 weeks, as then i will be refered to see the surgeon, and then 4 weeks after that i will have my op , they think it will be about may/june all being well. so i am reall really going to try and stick to the liquid diet ,,, the sooner i lose my 5% the sooner i get my op :)

You will do it. best of luck hun. x

Tray,
I have been 'practising' at the milk diet by having two meals of milk, having the fluids and eating 1 meal a day (kind of healthy -but not strict). I have had no snacks apart from valentines day when i had a small bar of thorntons chocolate.
I have lost 16lb in five weeks! So I am sure you will do it and see this weight drop off.
Good luck! Where are you having your surgery?

Regards
Shelley in Colchester x

Dont worry too much, Im sure you will do it as you are on such a restricted diet. I am on 2 slimfast and a 300cal meal aday and have lost just under 10kg in 11 days, i weighed myself in tesco and nearly fell off the machine when it told me my results as normally i dont lose anything but the goals are big so its worth putting in that extra effort. Best of luck

Good luck Tracy. You can do it. I am on the cancellation list so I hope I manage to get one then I can get on the liquid diet too.

so glad to be alive

well as i said the other day i was meant to start on the milk diet. well went to luton on the monday and was going to start it on the tuesday. in the morning i took my mother and gran to heathrow airport. but on the way home me and my husband were in a serious car crash, i have only just got home today . my car is a right off and to look at the car i shouldnt be alive. but i have ended up with 2 broken ribs and lots of nice black bruises. so due to being in hospital i will have to start the milk diet in a couple of days now, the only fun part of the crash was that i got air lifted by helicopter to hospital..

Last edited:
Oh God Tray, thank god you are OK.

Be kind to yourself over the next few days. You've had a nasty shock and lucky escape.

Big hugs xx

well as i said the other day i was meant to start on the milk diet. well went to luton on the monday and was going to start it on the tuesday. in the morning i took my mother and gran to heathrow airport. but on the way home me and my husband were in a serious car crash, i have only just got home today . my car is a right off and to look at the car i shouldnt be alive. but i have ended up with 2 broken ribs and lots of nice black bruises. so due to being in hospital i will have to start the milk diet in a couple of days now, the only fun part of the crash was that i got air lifted by ambulance to hospital..

I'm pleased you're alive too. I hope you have a speedy recovery. x

Scary! Thank goodness you are ok. For goodness sakes take care xx

Glad your Ok hun, I'm not religious but someone was deffo watching out for you that day.

thank you all for your kind wishes, they have said it will take about 6/8 weeks to heal, so im a bit upset as i really wanted to start exercising, as i need to of lost 1 stone by march 22nd, and like i said i should of started the liquid diet on tuesday. so i am going to now start it on monday,

How awful but thank the lord you survived. Well one lesson learned is it's nowhere near your time to go yet, you have an angel watching over you... Good luck with the milk diet and don't beat yourself up over the exercising, just keep mobile and try not to overdo anything xx

Crikey how awful for you ... Glad you all came out of it relatively ok though xx

Back