• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fuffs Fun Frolics on WLS journey

Oh I remember the school Nativity play days! I bet you had a lump in your throat when you watched it. Hope there is good news for your nan soon. Lovely news about your new niece/nephew.

FuturePerfect said:
Oh I remember the school Nativity play days! I bet you had a lump in your throat when you watched it. Hope there is good news for your nan soon. Lovely news about your new niece/nephew.

Thanks Cathi xxx

It was a heartwarming funny play about a fourth wiseman who didn't make it to the barn. Loved it :) It was all singing and dancing. Contemporary and classic songs mixed in. I did get a little tearful :)

This evening I bought all my boys toys off Amazon. I have searched all shops for what they want. The Internet was the only option. I feel relieved now!

Now to wait for delivery lol

Well, we still have no results for Nan. She seems perkier. But hardly eating or drinking, which is worrying.

My son is healing very well. Really proud of him. He seems to be getting his confidence back too. He wouldn't talk to anyone but family earlier this week. But things are picking up.

Not heard about my funding yet. I have given up looking for it now. Fed up of the wait.

Got weight management Tuesday. Between birthday, my sons op and nan being in hospital, I am the same weight as I was 20th Nov at my last weight management. I have gained pounds and lost them. Feel disappointed in myself. But then again, I would have gained a stone in the old days. Every cloud and all that :)

Sorry I haven't been around the forums much. Just fed up of my journey dragging on. Trying to stay happy. But it's hard to sound really happy all the time. Just wish....well never mind lol

Speak to you all soon xxx

Chin up Sophie :) no one expects you to sound happy with all you have going on in your life. Glad your little boy is feeling more confident :) & am hoping for a good diagnosis for your Nan. You are doing very well to maintain your weight when you could so easily have gained a massive amount under pressure. The letter will come when you least expect it, honey :) xxx

Hey Sophie life is full of ups & downs & you are handling it well hunni . Much love xx

That what having a diary is all about....seeing the good the bad and the ugly!
It makes you human like the rest of us.
I think considering how long you have waited and all you have on your plate your doing marvellous.
Like you say the old Sophie would've put weight on so pat yourself on the back for that

Thank you very much my friends xxx

Just left the children's hospital. One of my sons wounds came open and he was bleeding a lot. They have given him an ointment to put on. They said re-stitching it would do more damage than good. The ointment should help it re-heal and protect it against infection.

To say I am emotionally drained would be an understatement. To say I feel like eating KFC from now until midnight would be a truth lol. I won't do it. But times like this are when I would have turned to food. So hard to know I can't.

All I can take from this is things must get better :) The small rebate helped me get a washer dryer which has helped no end this week. Mount Everest of washing is now Snowdon lol

Love you all xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Chin up Sophie :) no one expects you to sound happy with all you have going on in your life. Glad your little boy is feeling more confident :) & am hoping for a good diagnosis for your Nan. You are doing very well to maintain your weight when you could so easily have gained a massive amount under pressure. The letter will come when you least expect it, honey :) xxx

Just a case of not wanting to drag everyone else down with my rollercoaster of mood :)

Thank you for your kind words chick xxx

pandora said:
Hey Sophie life is full of ups & downs & you are handling it well hunni . Much love xx

Thank you :) It sure is! Looking forward to my next up! :) xxx

minxtress said:
That what having a diary is all about....seeing the good the bad and the ugly!
It makes you human like the rest of us.
I think considering how long you have waited and all you have on your plate your doing marvellous.
Like you say the old Sophie would've put weight on so pat yourself on the back for that

Thanks chick. I am so happy I have my diary to vent in. It's like therapy at the moment lol xxx

Could not remember if you were having band or bypass? I will be under mr Kumar . Bypass. My appointment letter in the post for end jan. Have you heard anything yet? Xxx

Minoots said:
Could not remember if you were having band or bypass? I will be under mr Kumar . Bypass. My appointment letter in the post for end jan. Have you heard anything yet? Xxx

I am a bypass under Mr Nijjar :) I still have not had my funding confirmed :(

That's what I don't understand. They said that there was one 1 person in our area doing them thus the delays. But there are now 2 names !!! and both doing bypasses ????

They told me 1 week to 3 months to confirm funding !!! Good heavens, just a choice of 2 words yes or no... Preferably just yes and make us all happy !!!
How hard can that be???
Looking forward to meeting you on the 21st!! As well as the other people I have had such great support from.

Minoots said:
They told me 1 week to 3 months to confirm funding !!! Good heavens, just a choice of 2 words yes or no... Preferably just yes and make us all happy !!!
How hard can that be???
Looking forward to meeting you on the 21st!! As well as the other people I have had such great support from.

The man on the phone from the pct said I was a straightforward case! I hate to think how long complex would be!!! Grrrr!

1 week to 3 months to hear is a massive scope!

I was told my surgeon is relatively new to the hospital, but is very good. So hopefully having him is getting the waiting list to go down.

I am having trouble knowing if I can get to the support group now. I have to work in Coventry until 6pm and I don't drive :(

Really annoying!

So what updates for my diary. I am on day 2 of a banging headache. Yesterday I was sick, shaking, dizzy. I have 3 appointments I need to tale the boys to today. Two are essential :( So got to somehow run around despite feeling like poo.

My 3 year olds lip has been doing well since it's hiccup Saturday. Fingers crossed it continues that way :) xxx

Want me to fetch you from Coventry????? Xxx

Minoots said:
Want me to fetch you from Coventry????? Xxx

That would be going way too far out for you. But really nice of you to offer. I am going to try to twist my partners arm. Wish me luck! Lol

Well, just got at the opticians for my eldest son. Just been to school docs and he has just been diagnosed as has aspergers syndrome. I have known it for years. But the school messed around. Now hopefully he will get the right support.

Next appointment is my 3 year old to have is lip checked where it came open. It's appointment day today lol

good luck with it all honey :) xxx

The man on the phone from the pct said I was a straightforward case! I hate to think how long complex would be!!! Grrrr!

1 week to 3 months to hear is a massive scope!

I was told my surgeon is relatively new to the hospital, but is very good. So hopefully having him is getting the waiting list to go down.

I am having trouble knowing if I can get to the support group now. I have to work in Coventry until 6pm and I don't drive :(

Really annoying!

So what updates for my diary. I am on day 2 of a banging headache. Yesterday I was sick, shaking, dizzy. I have 3 appointments I need to tale the boys to today. Two are essential :( So got to somehow run around despite feeling like poo.

My 3 year olds lip has been doing well since it's hiccup Saturday. Fingers crossed it continues that way :) xxx

Sounds like stress, babe :( try to be a bit kinder to yourself & get some rest, lovely xxx :wave_cry:

Thanks Caren and Twink. My mom said its stress too. I will try to relax xxx

Didn't have to go to third appointment in the end. Just spoke the nurse on the phone. Got to take him to see his surgeon Thursday morning.

Just took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was sweet :)

Just got a letter from the hospital. Once again, not funding :(

Weight management dietician in the morning. Not excited, as no weight loss. But I will still go :)

Thanks for all the support :) xxx

Back