• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anybody NOT told there husbands parters etc what there weight is..

cherry

i just simply cannot tell my husband what it is, and i have a huge fear he ll find out.. he wouldnt leave me and i know he s truely in love with me but i just cannot even say the numbers..... when the dietacian said to me what it was i felt sick that she knew and same for the consultant to im wondering if anyone body else keeps there s a guarded secret like me... it took all my might to put it on here xx

Iv been with my husband 19 years and the first time he ever knew my weight was about 3 months ago lol i got very drunk one night and said how much do you think i weighed before my op? he said about 18st! bless i weighed 25st he was totally gobsmacked to say the least , he then said well its just a number it didnt make you any different, i think its a lady thing we just dont like to disclose our weight and to be honest if you want to keep it to yourself then thats your choice hun, im sure when the pounds melt away so will your worry of people finding out your weight. What i find harder now is when people say "oh you have lost weight , how much" when i say seven stone somtimes i see that look of bloody hell if she has lost 7stone and is still that big she mush have been massive lol my best mate says im just parionoid lol

my biggest thing is say i lose 8 stone... then i say eek one more stone till im 10 ill have dropped myself in it!!!! hahhahaha i can see the look s now on my familys face when they knew the true extent of my weight.... esp my mum and i have a twin who weighs no more than 9 stone!!! muuh lol

I've been with my hubby 30 years (it's our 28th wedding anniversary tomorrow !)... and no, I had never told him what I weighed... I didn't even know myself ! When my GP weighed me I didn't look. When the hospital weighed me at my consultation I didn't want to know what the numbers were... I only found that out 2 weeks ago when I went for my checkup.

I never told my husband what I weighed pre op either, and he only found out by looking at a spreadsheet i had of my weight loss. I was fkin furious.

Looking back now, it was stupid not to tell him. It wouldnt have changed how he felt about me, or me about him - but I was so ashamed, and still am about the weight I reached before I took serious action to get it under control.

Like Hannah, now I dont care if people know what I weighed. I cant explain why I feel differently now. I just do!

I didn't tell hubby, and would ask medical staff not to say it in front of him! Daft isn't it, I had the mindset that if he didn't know the numbers, he wouldn't know how fat I was! Now, he knows how much I weigh, and he knows how much I've lost, so I guess he knows how much I was!

Hell no. No way, never. I've never told anyone and when I've lost weight before I always say half of what it really is. This is the shame of my life and I'm always going to feel bad about it. I've been married 26 years ( child bride!) and this is the only thing that is personal, confidential to me. I know it's daft but it really matters to me.
xx

The only people who know how much I weigh are my self, The NHS, and Boots scales in Clacton!!

I never told my husband until post op, and then he said nothing! He loves me for me, i was going to say and not for the size that i am, but he loves me for me wobbly fat bits too!

When you've lost your weight you won't be embarassed at all, you'll be proud of your loss!

Blimey!! It looks like there is only me whos hubby knows how much I weigh! We have only been together for 4 years though, and i weighed over 20 stone when we met, he weighs about 18 stone too, and of course my weight has steadily crept up to 22 and a half in 4 years.
We tried slimming world together and i told him then how much I weighed, i didnt really find it an issue and was quite comfortable telling him. My ex husband also knew how much I weighed when i was with him and he was skinny.
I havent told many people about my op, only about 6 people know, but i have told 4 of them how much I weigh, and they all made the right sounds saying they didnt think i weighed that much.
I think, at the moment if someone asks me how much i weigh now, i would tell them, maybe its so they can be shocked at my weight loss next time i see them. People in magazines and articles that you read are only too happy about telling you how muched the weighed to start with so you can be wowed with the weight loss, maybe i am just letting the fat out of the bag early!!
Mona
xxxx

sorry my font was a bit big then! I took about 3 pages up!! Big girl, big font eh!

Thanks girlies so its not just me then ... i actually got myself so worked up before seeing the consultant about saying to me him pleeeeeeeeeese dont say my weight in front of my husband... but as it happens he s away now for a few months only good thing about it is he wont go to the appointmnets x

Kelly, my fella doesnt know how much I weigh, neither do any of my friends or family!! They don't know my dress size either!! Ha, ha

In my case I don't want to tell them cos I so ashamed & embarrassed :ashamed0005:

I never told a soul, including my hubby. I could barely admit it to myself, let alone anyone else as i was so ashamed.
Hubby and i once enrolled at weightwatchers and i used to hide my card from him so he would never know !
When i started seeing the consultant for my op i finally owned up and he was a bit shocked as he had underestimated my weight.
Now i'm post op i tell people how much i weighed at my heaviest and even my best friend was stunned.
I'm still ashamed of how bad things got, but i'm so proud of how much i've lost so far that i don't mid telling people anymore.

What does it matter. You have all made the effort to do something about it and they should be proud of you. My whole family and most of my friends know and I have had fantastic support from them.
At the end of the day it is up to you but I am celerbrating my choice to lose weight and am happy with the comments I get
Good luck all of you
Bryan

well said brian

my husband only found out just before my op when i bought some talking scales so i could not cheat after my op and now gets on them with me every Saturday .and for the first time in 18years i weigh less than he does

I'd say they probably have a pretty good idea already, they aren't stupid, I know by looking at someone roughly what they would weigh!

I dont understand why you wouldn't tell ur hubby, he knows you're overweight so knows you aren't gonna weigh like 10st or something similar, I can understand not telling other family members etc as its none of their business but dont see a problem with the hubby knowing! :)

ooo god i just couldnt tell him my weight makes me feel physically sick when i hear it n even more so if i know hubba knows xx

Back