• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HELP NEEDED..Salford Royal Patient..REPLIES ARE GRATEFUL

Haha Gail... you are still a baby... you have a lifetime ahead and so glad we all have each other xxx

I've got some great news Jacqui.

I am all loved up at the minute. Got together with someone I knew at school (was a friends boyfriend then, so we were just mates).

So we met up for a catch up on the past 23 years on Friday and I've seen him every night since. Wouldn't have had the confidence pre-surgery, but now I'm feeling like a 16 years old!!

Aw thats so nice, Im really pleased for you :D Hope it carries on going well, you never know before long I might need to buy 2 hats for you and John's nuptuals ;) X

LOL

told John, what he's got is contagous (sp). Been single for 9 years so it's all new & good at the mo x

ha ha ha bev, we got nursery kids in 'ere, lol, how ya doing jacqui and gail, have u been for a wee before you came in to see the big girls, lol, gosh gail u make me feel really old now, lol omg im the oldest, ive got a daughter whos 32, thats not much younger than u gail is it, lol.
and i bet im the shortest too. see ya all soon, oh and bev, i can just see u and me trying to boogie, lol . hugs

We'll have a go Dawn and looking forward to meeting up sometime... only a little gap between our birth dates!!! Just wish I had been and gone down this road fifteen years ago.... it's never too late.... nite and god bless xxx

nite n god bless bev. congrats gail on your new love life, who knows,maybe theres hope for me yet, lol, i only had my bypass 3 months ago, so a little bit to go yet, but hey, who knows, woo hoo. hugs x

That's the spirit Dawn!
Gail... go for it.... and enjoy yourself... (don't do anything we wouldn't do... that means there are no limits!).
Jacqui, you are an inspiration...
I have learned more from this forum in the last few days, so pleased to have stumbled on you all and we can look forward to lasting friendships.
Have a good day everyone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi all again!

I finally got my appointment with carly its in mid august,so if anyone could advise me on what the appointment consists of that would be great.
Ive done so much reading and research Im worried my head will go blank when I go and see her!
Its never been known has it to be turned down for the operation after seeing her?
And is this the last person to see?? I mean Ive had sleep tests done,been to the one stop clinic..the only thing I was gutted about was..at the one stop clinic I was down to see dr ammori and in the end I seen a dr hamza instead.
So Im wondering if I get the operation whos going to be doing it,as I thought because I was down to see ammori it would be him doing it.

speak soon
maria

hi beverlie,glad ur happy at finding this site! its been a god send to me too x

Hi Ladies

this site is fab & so are all of you!

Emma-Louise, the psych appointments are really painless. The just chat to you about your eating habits, try to see if you have any triggers that set you off eating or if you have any eating disorders.

You just need to be open & honest. If you see Carly she usually rings Mr Ammori's sec to let her know that she supports you.

Reactions: Bev
Hi Emma Louise and Gail, glad you are moving forward Emma, you will be fine, I am sure, and I totally agree without this site... I would be totally lost... I am still trying to find my way around gargon like 'dumping' etc etc... never heard of it before and the tips about diet and ideas are great. The moral support is superb and I hope to be able to help people along the way too... we are never alone and thank you for everything xxx

hi gang, hope u are all well today. emma louise, the chat with carly is vvery informal, and she puts u at your ease. so dont worry, and who u see in clinic dosnt have any bearing on who does the op. if your down for mr ammori, chances are it will be him that does it. or a member of his team that hes trained to his standards, so dont worry, you will still be under him. that happened with me, cos they managed to get me in on a day that wasnt his normal day. so i took it, ive been fine and had no problems.
how are ya boogying today bev, ok i hope. im having a duvet day today, im in bed on my lappy, i upset my back yesterday when i showed my daughter how to put air in the tyres, i felt my back click n twist, and ive been in more pain than normal since, i can just about get to the loo walking round the furniture, so im staying put. lol
see ya later girls, hugs x

Hi Dawn,
So sorry to hear of you back pain... it doesn't take much when you have a weakness for it to kick in does it love... I don't have a great deal of feeling in my feet from the diabetes... but do my best to try and keep moving... I am due for my pain killing injection for the spondylitis so that won't be long to wait... I do miss driving and running around... but I never say never.... when I have had the surgery I hope for a better quality of life... and the same for you Dawn... very reassuring advice for Emma Louise, it's another important step forward... my first letter wasn't in today's post... I keep looking out for the postman... will be a great day to get my first letter. Take good care and much love to you all xxx

Carly was lovely, she puts you totally as ease. I was dreading the psych appointment but it went really well. She just has a chat with you really, she asks you what you know about the op and what you expect to gain from it etc. She rand Mr Ammoris secretary whilst I was still there ans said she had no reservations about reccomending me for surgery! Hooorah! That put me on the list........18 weeks from last appointment. X

thats how it was for me jacqi, but i didnt know what the waiting time was, i just went home and waited. i was lucky though, cos from the first appt to surgery was 9 months, so i was quite happy.
bev i bet u cant wait for your next injection can u huni, i wish he would let me have them again, but i suppose hes only thinking of me really. even though im on the strong meds im on, it dosnt do as much as the injections. i dont have very good feelings in my legs and feet, but mine is through the nerve damage, i have permanent sciatica, some days worse than others, but the sensations in my legs are weird. luckily i dont have diabetes, although my mum does, and i know what its like for her, so i feel for you huni. im feeling really fed up today though cos i cant move very well, its bad enough at the best of times, ive had to take my liquid morphine as well today, at least that takes the edge of it, fingers crossd its a bit better tomorrow.
see ya later.
hugs x

Brilliant Jacqui.... how are you feeling now? It's a deserved relief I am sure. We will raise our glass (mine's a low cal weight watchers rose, 80 cals a glass) to you tonight and how long have you waited to see Carly? So pleased for you love xxx

Hi Dawn, our messages have crossed, to praise Jacqui's achievements today.

You poor love, the injections are the best solution, I have them through my spine every 3 months. The don't half hurt for a few days. But it takes the sciatica pain which is so sickly, straight away.

You did so well to have a 9 month turn around with the surgery... are you feeling a lot better for having the surgery Dawn?

Loads of love xxx

oh yes, bev, dfinately, i would do it again tomorrow. the hardest thing ive found is having to check out sugar levels in things, i dont meal like choccies or biscuits, im not bothered about them, i mean things like, tins of soup, beans etc, and ready meals, which ive had occasionally, and surprisingly yogurts, specially the low fat ones, and even the kiddi fromag frais, i had a small du mp on them the first week or so after the op, so its stuff like that u have to watch as well, i check everything now, and also the fat content, but not so much as sugar. but other than that, ive been great. hugs d

You are doing so well love. I don't really know what a dump is about as yet... will learn... I have learned a great deal on here so far... take care love and good to be in touch xxx

Back