• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Insert Witty and Imaginative Title Here

Thankyou:)

No update this week as I forgot to weigh myself this morning! I weighed myself tonight and I was 20.1.6, but that was after drinking coffee and eating all day, so I don't think I've really gained a pound.
Fill on Wednesday, hoping for a little restriction but if not, so be it. I will put weight on after my fill, so I guess this won't be the week I get into the 19s.

I'm so close yet it feels like I'm never going to get there!

Awww good luck. Hang in there xx

You forgot to weigh!? :rotflmao:.... What's your secret?

Lol, I didn't get up until turned 11, by which time all I could think about was coffee and breakfast, then I had to get ready for coffee with my dad, so by the time I thought about it I was sitting in Costa drinking a gallon of latte!

Back to 20.0.4 again today:) 5oz away... Would be lovely to get there for my fill on Wednesday, but if I don't then no worries, I've still lost half a stone since my last fill.

After all my "oh, I've NEVER had anything stuck" smugness... Went for my weekly curry tonight, tried a teeny piece of naan bread with no issues. Yum. Chatting away, another teeny piece. Yum. Then a giant hunk crammed in my gob, swallowed with barely a chew so I could answer a question.
Holy crap.
Felt like someone had punched me in the sternum.
Got the hiccups, mixed with burps as my aesophagus desperately tried to dislodge the wodge of gloopy claggy unchewed dough. Thankfully it passed through eventually, but everything feels very tender so I'll be going onto liquids tomorrow instead of waiting until after my fill.

Sometimes the depth of my own idiocy takes me by surprise...

I just hope I've not done any damage to the band, soft cow that I am!

After all my "oh, I've NEVER had anything stuck" smugness... Went for my weekly curry tonight, tried a teeny piece of naan bread with no issues. Yum. Chatting away, another teeny piece. Yum. Then a giant hunk crammed in my gob, swallowed with barely a chew so I could answer a question. Holy crap. Felt like someone had punched me in the sternum. Got the hiccups, mixed with burps as my aesophagus desperately tried to dislodge the wodge of gloopy claggy unchewed dough. Thankfully it passed through eventually, but everything feels very tender so I'll be going onto liquids tomorrow instead of waiting until after my fill. Sometimes the depth of my own idiocy takes me by surprise... I just hope I've not done any damage to the band, soft cow that I am!
I'm sure given it's your first stuck you'll be fine! If it gives u jip at all give ur provider a ring x

Thanks chuck! I am hoping it will settle down enough tomorrow so I can still have a fill Wednesday. If I'm struggling at all I will tell the nurse at my appointment.
Just glad I didn't start sliming, that would have been a delight for my mate to witness!

Yep its easy to get distracted and eat too big a bit without chewing enough. I tend to either eat slider food or warn them I will not talk when I am out with friends to avoid the issue. With hubby tho ... I eat out and we just don't talk :candledinner:

I agree with flutterby, if I'm out with friends/ work I tend u go slider, or a starter of pate as toast is no trouble for me. I wouldn't dare try something I haven't had before (the pain!), when out with hubby and kids I eat the right foods and be more mindful. It's so easy to lose your concentration. I did the same at home yesterday, and got stuck, It can bloody hurt! And like u say, leaves u feeling a little delicate. Plus I would hate for people to see me in pain, incase they start having a negative view of my wonderful band!

Nearly into those 19's Sarah! Go you :) and what a nightmare with the naan bread.

Being out and about I think we can tend to get caught up in the conversation etc and as such we forget about mouthfuls and speed! I think going back to liquids is a good idea and having had the pain like I've had with 4 weeks of over restriction I sympathise cos it really isn't nice!

Feel better and good luck with the fill :)

Thankyou lovelies! While I could still curse my stupidity, I'm a tiny bit relieved that it finally happened. I was with a friend who knows about the band, so it could have been worse. I have wondered how I would know if I was eating too fast or taking too large mouthfuls. Now I know lol!

Feeling ok today, but odd sensation like a sore throat but I guess it's at the band, too far down to be my throat if that makes sense. Water, squash and coffee today, just about to have some soup, I'm hoping that tomorrow's fill will be ok as I've been quite hungry lately and I don't like my chances of coping with a lot of hunger over Christmas if my fill is postponed to January!

Cream of asparagus soup, anyone?:)

Wwww love asparagus! Hopefully by tomorrow it might have cleared! Just been to do the food shop lookin at all the Xmas stuff was horrible!!!!

Hope you'll be OK for the fill tomorrow hun, I've had a few things get stuck - although not as badly as that, and I wouldn't want to experience anything worse.

Hopefully it'll settle down with the liquids xx

Fill #3 went fine, another 2ml taking me to 8.5ml. I explained about the naan-related incident but the nurse has said that going on liquids was absolutely the right thing to do and that it was fine for her to do the fill. Spent MUCH longer in there than normal, making sure I could drink without issues.

I was told 1 day liquids and 1 day mush would be enough, but I'm tempted to do 2 days of each - I don't pretend to know better but I'd like to be sure everything is settled and 2ml is quite a chunky fill. Have to see how it goes.

One more fill before Christmas, but that will be a much smaller one.

Thanks hun! I'm fine now, just REALLY windy tonight. Thought you'd like to know!
Not sure if it's all the coffee, yesterday's asparagus soup or what, but tonight I'm very glad to live alone...

Back