• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2017 Surgeries

I'm still nervous to be honest and was not long ago was debating if I should change to a sleeve xxx I'm excited on the other hand cause it's a new start and a fab tool to get me back on right path xxxx

I'm so happy for you and yes it's great we have each other xxxx it's a tough journey and it's good to have people to scream, cry, shout, laugh and celebrate with xxxx

I'm still nervous to be honest and was not long ago was debating if I should change to a sleeve xxx I'm excited on the other hand cause it's a new start and a fab tool to get me back on right path xxxx

I'm so happy for you and yes it's great we have each other xxxx it's a tough journey and it's good to have people to scream, cry, shout, laugh and celebrate with xxxx
Can I ask what made you decide bypass? X

Hi, I'm seeing Mr Pellen next week, hoping for gastric bypass surgery middle of March. Will be great to see how others are coping, tips, advice etc. Good luck!
I missed your post earlier Jude. I hope it goes well for you next week. I trust Mr Pellen and get on well with him so I hope you find the same.

Can I ask what made you decide bypass? X

I have PCOS and its the only surgery that changes the way the body deals with food (Im not Type 2 diabetic but very big risk of PCOS especially as mine is getting worse). I was under the doctors seeing the dietician for quite a while and with what I was eating my body shouldnt have been holding on the weight especially as I was dancing 6-10 hours a week as a dance assistant teacher. My body just process food the same way as most people do and it likes to store lol xxx
I was debating over sleeve or not as I said before as I was worried about having the bypass with it being the biggest operation and more risks etc. When it came to it the sleeve will assist weight loss but wouldnt help change how my body deals with the food......does that make sense??

What about you hunny how did you get to your decision xx

We are all in the same boat and honestly I've felt like this lately with no carbs. Consists of veg and meat only really. There has been a few tears and tantrums as I'm so hungry and having no carbs has gave me major migraines to the point I've asked myself if this is worth it because of the migraines. I then tell myself to stop being so stupid I've got less then 2 weeks vs rest of my healthy life.. I was meant to do it for 4 weeks but after speaking to my gp he said my body isn't coping and he got in touch with Dieatician who then changed it to 2 weeks and put on beta blockers to try and keep them at bay until surgery.. I'm still worried my liver hasn't shrunk enough but honestly if you take the laid back approach and just take it as it comes it does come around so quick and before you know it you have your surgery date.. honestly your not moaning your being honest...I've had to give up everything I love Pepsi,smoking and takeaways but I know in the long run it's worth it going from full fat Pepsi 8 litres a day to water was my biggest achievement along with stopping smoking at the same time.... you will do it... thank you getting excited now as not long I'm staring to panic now haha xxx
Well done @Louisex21 . How is the water drinking going as dehydration will also cause headaches/migraines? Are you allowed NAS squash? You have come a long way in a few weeks :)

You can do this @Sweetcheeks84 - the NHS can be a real pain in the arse with their admin as I know only too well. It is difficult to keep chasing and then not being got back to, but the chasing does give you an outlet for venting your frustration when you are feeling out of control. Sounds like you have a good GP.

Well done @Louisex21 . How is the water drinking going as dehydration will also cause headaches/migraines? Are you allowed NAS squash? You have come a long way in a few weeks :)

You can do this @Sweetcheeks84 - the NHS can be a real pain in the arse with their admin as I know only too well. It is difficult to keep chasing and then not being got back to, but the chasing does give you an outlet for venting your frustration when you are feeling out of control. Sounds like you have a good GP.
Headaches/migraines are still really bad. Gp is worried my intracranial pressure has come back (fluid on the brain) checked my eyes and no paps so unlikely it is iih rearing its ugly head again.I have no energy and my bones are so achy a few tears today not from being hungry but for feeling so crappy.. but lost 13lb in a week so not bad going... I've been being sick as well so not helping think I have ketosis flu xx

Headaches/migraines are still really bad. Gp is worried my intracranial pressure has come back (fluid on the brain) checked my eyes and no paps so unlikely it is iih rearing its ugly head again.I have no energy and my bones are so achy a few tears today not from being hungry but for feeling so crappy.. but lost 13lb in a week so not bad going... I've been being sick as well so not helping think I have ketosis flu xx
Poor you lovely !!!!!! Keep going as you are doing amazing even though you feel like naff :-(
Hope you perk up and bit soon and its not your condition rearing its ugly head again !!!!!
Keep us upto date on how your going......xx

Poor you lovely !!!!!! Keep going as you are doing amazing even though you feel like naff :-(
Hope you perk up and bit soon and its not your condition rearing its ugly head again !!!!!
Keep us upto date on how your going......xx
Thanks Hun. Bound to feel low at times I suppose. I don't think I'm eating enough I'm hardly reaching 700 cals in a day but im not a snacker more of a picker which is a habit I've actually got out of since starting this lsd diet. A good night sleep is the answer to everything and tomorrow is a new day. Thank you for the support xx

Thanks Hun. Bound to feel low at times I suppose. I don't think I'm eating enough I'm hardly reaching 700 cals in a day but im not a snacker more of a picker which is a habit I've actually got out of since starting this lsd diet. A good night sleep is the answer to everything and tomorrow is a new day. Thank you for the support xx
Bless you ...you sound like a good cuddle up in bed and get a early night be just what is needed. 700 cal is low hunny and im on a bit more at mo and im feeling a tad out of it but Im doing ok.

As one of my sayings goes hunny " you cant always have the highs otherwise you forget to appreciate them .....plus the highs and the lows both together make you who you are today :)"

We can catch up tomorrow hunny but shout if your down still ....nowt worse then feeling naff xxx

Na nite lovely x

Bless you ...you sound like a good cuddle up in bed and get a early night be just what is needed. 700 cal is low hunny and im on a bit more at mo and im feeling a tad out of it but Im doing ok.

As one of my sayings goes hunny " you cant always have the highs otherwise you forget to appreciate them .....plus the highs and the lows both together make you who you are today :)"

We can catch up tomorrow hunny but shout if your down still ....nowt worse then feeling naff xxx

Na nite lovely x
Thanks hunny and it's true I actually really appreciate food at the minute and wished I didn't eat it like it was going out of fashion before. Think a good sleep is in order will try up calories a little tomorrow and drink more water. Thank you for the support really do appreciate it. Night Hun speak soon xx

I have PCOS and its the only surgery that changes the way the body deals with food (Im not Type 2 diabetic but very big risk of PCOS especially as mine is getting worse). I was under the doctors seeing the dietician for quite a while and with what I was eating my body shouldnt have been holding on the weight especially as I was dancing 6-10 hours a week as a dance assistant teacher. My body just process food the same way as most people do and it likes to store lol xxx
I was debating over sleeve or not as I said before as I was worried about having the bypass with it being the biggest operation and more risks etc. When it came to it the sleeve will assist weight loss but wouldnt help change how my body deals with the food......does that make sense??

What about you hunny how did you get to your decision xx
Wow so huge deal for you to choose that one but it sounds like the best choice
I have an eptopic pancreas where part of my pancreas has grown into my stomach causing me to have chronic pancreatitis for 6 years iv been in n out of hospital more times than I have been to the dentist lol, so it was partly decided for me that when they do the op they will separate my stomach n pancreas and do the sleeve therefore hopefully I will have much less attacks from the food or drink activating it. Also I have many more conditions,asthma, heart murmur, very high BP, the list goes on.
Obviously being over 21st is part of some of my health issues but because my pancreas doesn't work properly its caused me to gain loads more weight I lost my job from being in hospital all the time or being off sick.
So in all many reasons we went down this route but I literally can not wait to be fit an well again. This op won't just be my tool to lose weight it will be my fresh start to being fit and well again. I know its going to be tuff but as iv said before I'm not living I'm existing i can not wait to be well again and be back on my feet. Xx

Thanks hunny and it's true I actually really appreciate food at the minute and wished I didn't eat it like it was going out of fashion before. Think a good sleep is in order will try up calories a little tomorrow and drink more water. Thank you for the support really do appreciate it. Night Hun speak soon xx
Really hope you feel better soon xx:hugs:

Thank you it's been so frustrating but diet is now finally on the go AGAIN but the low cal not the milk diet. I jus hope they let me meet the surgeon next. X

Grrrrr! Just got a letter to see the dietitian end of march!! The nurse told me 4weeks she will see me well 3 months isnt 4 weeks So frustrating

Grrrrr! Just got a letter to see the dietitian end of march!! The nurse told me 4weeks she will see me well 3 months isnt 4 weeks So frustrating
Check the date of the letter - was it written before you spoke to the nurse? If so then check whether they have moved you up the list, and if not then complain about the info given you by the nurse. You could always try PALS to intervene on your behalf. I did this once about an extremely long appointment waiting time (not WLS related) with amazing results. I was asked if I was happy to take a cancellation so I said yes, and I went from 6 months to 3 weeks!

Check the date of the letter - was it written before you spoke to the nurse? If so then check whether they have moved you up the list, and if not then complain about the info given you by the nurse. You could always try PALS to intervene on your behalf. I did this once about an extremely long appointment waiting time (not WLS related) with amazing results. I was asked if I was happy to take a cancellation so I said yes, and I went from 6 months to 3 weeks!
I just checked it was written the same day I spoke to her. She said she will book me asn appointment that day for in 4weeks time an in that time she wants me to lose a Stone. Then got this letter today for the 27th march. I'm going to call Monday and sort this coz im so fed up being told one thing and then they do another. Xx

Back