• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

Saw consultant today, we have decided on surgery, I have a little test to do this week and have booked to do liver reducing seminar and see dietician on 23rd May, then its pre op.
He did trouble me a little bit, he said that as ive got a lot of scar tissue it may be that the bowel is stuck against scar tissue then they will have to pull out and stop and not perform op.
What surgery did you decide on Vicky? It's moving on nicely now, I guess they have to tell you everything but fingers crossed all will be well, just wondering, how did he know you have a lot of scar tissue? Take care my love, how are you getting on with cycling and swimming ( was it swimming you were going to do ?) xx

Ill answer properly later, but tge only surgery suitable for me because im already on omeprazole was the full gastric bypass. And he knew about scar tissue because of previous medical history. Although I would be gutted to get into theatre and the bypass not done I am reassured that he will only make this decision after ive been put to sleep and only if he feels it would be unsafe to continue.
I can only pray all will be well and and trust his judgement. At the end of the day I need to be safe and well x

Hi bling, as promised here I am again, I have nit been doing much swimming as im watching the pennies, im self employed, work is in short supply at the moment and I need to save all I can for when im off following the op. Im hoping not to be off longer than 2 weeks but we will have to wait and see.
I sold the new bike my husband bought me as I hated riding it, im now the owner of a second hand sit up and beg bike. I havent been out on it yet we seem to be ssoooo busy sorting the garden but ill try and go in the next few days.
Have you managed to put a couple of kilos on yet Bling? X

That just great news Vicky, so very pleased for you, I can only imagine how excited you must be.
Last week I lost another half a kilo ! Back on the scales tomorrow and as I've had a really bad week I'm expecting to have put on that 2kg ! Plus I've only cycled once this week which I'm quite upset about but just didn't get the chance as I normally do xx

That just great news Vicky, so very pleased for you, I can only imagine how excited you must be.
Last week I lost another half a kilo ! Back on the scales tomorrow and as I've had a really bad week I'm expecting to have put on that 2kg ! Plus I've only cycled once this week which I'm quite upset about but just didn't get the chance as I normally do xx
I cant imagine the mental yoyo of knowing you need to lose weight, but also knowing you need to maintain or gain. It must be so difficult for you.
Im still finding it so hard sticking to the plan, I cant wait to have it done, but im so scared they wont be able to do it once hes in there because of scar tissue x

I realised today that I really need this surgery asap as im running out of tidy clothes, I have hardly bought any clothes fir the last year and they are all starting to look a bit too big and very scruffy and really need replacing, but I shouldnt buy anything yet until after surgery, I cant wait to be able to buy in primark!
Go on, treat yourself to one thing, it doesn't have to cost a lot - a new t shirt maybe, but it is such a morale booster.

Im in a quandry. I have my pre op next week.and have been told to expect to receive a phone call in the next two weeks giving me a date.
I have an interview on friday morning for a new job, do I tell them that I am expecting an operation sometime in the future or do I stay quiet. ? ?

Im in a quandry. I have my pre op next week.and have been told to expect to receive a phone call in the next two weeks giving me a date.
I have an interview on friday morning for a new job, do I tell them that I am expecting an operation sometime in the future or do I stay quiet. ? ?
First of all well done on getting an interview and good luck with it, my thoughts are to be honest, if not they will only question why you didn't tell them at the interview, I probably wouldn't say that it is likely to be in the near future though, perhaps just say that you are on a waiting list for surgery and if they ask when then you can honestly say that you don't know when it will be (well almost honestly say that ) go girl Xx

Good luck with your interview tomorrow Vicky, keep us updated x

Ive got my date......weds 23rd Aug, im super excited but ive emailed my team as its only 2 1/2 weeks before I fly to lanzarote for a 3 1/2 week holiday, if they are confident that I will be ok to fly and enjoy my holiday then im happy to go with it, hubby can carry all the cases and iys just him and I going to no kiddies to chase after. We are staying half board and there is a good choice of food.. just wait to see when the team get back to me.
What are your views? Do you think ill be ok. ?
Im having full bypass x

To be honest, at 2 1/2 weeks I couldn't cope with going anywhere much as I was so exhausted, still sore, constipated, and trying to get liquids and the right amount of puree in. I don't think the good choice of food will be of much interest. I was driving at 2 weeks but only down the road, and a seat belt was uncomfortable.

Questions to consider are...

1. Will you feel well enough to enjoy it fully and will it be worth the money if you don't?
2. Do you have any previous experience of surgery to compare your recovery with? Whilst it is keyhole surgery, there is major internal work.
3. If there are any problems is there a hospital nearby that has experience with WLS?
4. Are you familiar with Lanzarote?
5. Will you be comfortable wearing a lap belt on the plane?
6. Will you be happy at seeing everyone else going in the pool/sea/eating out and not be able to? (I was told no swimming pool until after 6 weeks)
7. Can you postpone and have it as something to look forward to a couple of months down the line?

To be honest, at 2 1/2 weeks I couldn't cope with going anywhere much as I was so exhausted, still sore, constipated, and trying to get liquids and the right amount of puree in. I don't think the good choice of food will be of much interest. I was driving at 2 weeks but only down the road, and a seat belt was uncomfortable.

Questions to consider are...

1. Will you feel well enough to enjoy it fully and will it be worth the money if you don't?
2. Do you have any previous experience of surgery to compare your recovery with? Whilst it is keyhole surgery, there is major internal work.
3. If there are any problems is there a hospital nearby that has experience with WLS?
4. Are you familiar with Lanzarote?
5. Will you be comfortable wearing a lap belt on the plane?
6. Will you be happy at seeing everyone else going in the pool/sea/eating out and not be able to? (I was told no swimming pool until after 6 weeks)
7. Can you postpone and have it as something to look forward to a couple of months down the line?
Yes I do have other surgeries to compare it with but not with the food issues.
I am going to wait and see what the team say tomorrow, I wont postpone the hiliday but I would postpone the surgery, its a bit annoying as we had a holiday to portugal booked for july but we cancelled that as we were verbally told it would be june or july, as it turns out we could have gone.

Yes I do have other surgeries to compare it with but not with the food issues.
I am going to wait and see what the team say tomorrow, I wont postpone the hiliday but I would postpone the surgery, its a bit annoying as we had a holiday to portugal booked for july but we cancelled that as we were verbally told it would be june or july, as it turns out we could have gone.
The NHS certainly know how to mess you around as i had my own experience this week with my being on the waiting list for knee replacement surgery. (you can read the hassle in my diary). Do check that you don't get penalised for postponing and disharged back to your GP.

It is also a rerun of my WLS last year - spending the summer not being able to plan anything :(

Aw Vicky I'm so pleased for you to get a date, I can only give my opinion which I have to say would be to postpone either the holiday or wls, it is nevertheless your decision. Have you heard back from your recent interview? Good luck with making a decision Vicky xx

Back