• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jumping for joy.

Well, I didnt allow one sip or crumb of anything to pass my lips, when I weighed she said its just a fraction over 19.11 ( which is exactly what I weighed last time) so I said, shall we call it 19.11 then, and she did so thank god I got away with it.
It has taught me a lesson.
I vow never to sail that close to the wind. It was the kick up the butt I needed. Tomorrow morning bariatric nurse will ring me. Then have to have blood tests on two days. Then wait I guess but ill find out more after tomorrow morning.
Thanks for your support
That's great news Vicky, whoa it's getting closer now X

I have just spoken to the bariatric nurse, I am booked for blood tests tomorrow and friday, I will have an appointment to see consultant and dietician about liver reducing diet and post of food etc. I am going to be sent a thing for my finger to check for sleep apnea. Then........ think apart from pre op appointment thats it. Oh, and im not allowed a weight gain..
I do feel like its getting close, she implied june/july

How exciting! Hopefully you will get something in writing very soon x

Hello,
Just wanted to say hi and sounds like your really close to getting a date. I've had all my appointments just waiting for my date now. I'm with North tees hospital under Mr gopinath and the nurse I seen also implied June to me. It's the waiting that's a nightmare. I think this is the hardest part of my journey so far.
Hope you get your date very soon xxx

Im finding this waiting for an appointment to see consultant and feeling in limbo very difficult and frustrating.
Ive decided to wait until the end of the month and if I dont receive an appointment letter im going to chase it up. I know they are all incredibly busy but this being in limbo sucks. Anyone know how long it usually takes?

Im finding this waiting for an appointment to see consultant and feeling in limbo very difficult and frustrating.
Ive decided to wait until the end of the month and if I dont receive an appointment letter im going to chase it up. I know they are all incredibly busy but this being in limbo sucks. Anyone know how long it usually takes?
any news yet??

I emailed the bariatric nurses, and explained about holidays in sept dec and jan, said id had blood tests and sleep apnea tests and said I didnt know what would be happening next but assumed it would be to see the consultant, they replied that they have forwarded my email to joy as she does the appointments for me to see mr k at the first available appointment. She is not back in work until next tues......so just keep on waiting.
How are you feeling now? X ps thanks for asking x

I feel really good in fact needing a little adventure so filling in a passport form..something has clicked and I don't feel like a fat person just someone with weight to lose.. does that make sense??

I emailed the bariatric nurses, and explained about holidays in sept dec and jan, said id had blood tests and sleep apnea tests and said I didnt know what would be happening next but assumed it would be to see the consultant, they replied that they have forwarded my email to joy as she does the appointments for me to see mr k at the first available appointment. She is not back in work until next tues......so just keep on waiting.
How are you feeling now? X ps thanks for asking x
Hello,
Just wanted to say hi and sounds like your really close to getting a date. I've had all my appointments just waiting for my date now. I'm with North tees hospital under Mr gopinath and the nurse I seen also implied June to me. It's the waiting that's a nightmare. I think this is the hardest part of my journey so far.
Hope you get your date very soon xxx
Any news for you yet? X

I've put on about 3lb I think, so I am going to do the milk.diet for a few days to get me back on track, also I have challenged myself to do 30 minutes of exercise a day, yesterday I power walked for half an hour, today I swam for half an hour.
Just realised im going out for a meal with the girls tomorrow night so I'll do milk diet until we go out then I will have something very very healthy. I will do milk diet on sunday and monday too. Im terrified of getting consultant appointment and not getting surgery because I have put on 1 or 2 lb. Seriously telling myself off.

Hi hun it's frustrating waiting for an appointment any appointment just a sign you are moving forward. Hope they call you back soon hun. Well done on the exerscise. Xxx

Yay super excited for you Xx

That's good news hun xx

Woohoo! Good luck!

Saw consultant today, we have decided on surgery, I have a little test to do this week and have booked to do liver reducing seminar and see dietician on 23rd May, then its pre op.
He did trouble me a little bit, he said that as ive got a lot of scar tissue it may be that the bowel is stuck against scar tissue then they will have to pull out and stop and not perform op.

Back