• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Keeping me focused! :) 2 stone count down

I have restriction since my last fill before that it was willpower. Since ive had my last fill two/three forkfulls and im full its great! Good luck with your fill X

Excellent.

Tell me do you have the feeling that your bands in the back of your throat? I just can't get rid if this sensation, it's almost as if I'm going to burp and bring the bang up. I think it also comes with the feeling of nausea. It's so hard to describe.

Anyone help?

I have restriction since my last fill before that it was willpower. Since ive had my last fill two/three forkfulls and im full its great! Good luck with your fill X

I sooo want that lol what size band do you have and how much in it?

Paula

Ohh that sounds horrible.. no never had that feeling the only time i get trouble is if i try to eat that extra mouthful then pain starts in my left & up it comes.. ive learned now though thankfully lol. X

I've got a 10ml band with naff all in it yet. God help me when they put something in it tomorrow I might give birth to it.

Lol im only feeling it since my last fill before that i could eat whatever i wanted! Ive got a 10ml band with 7.5 ml in X

I've got a fill booked for sat have 7.25ml in 10ml band so this might be the one lol fingers crossed x

You've done fantastic well done

Good you are focussed and feeling positive about the weightloss. Well on your way to achieving goal which is fantastic. Interested though, as I have never ever been that restricted ... Just 3 forkfulls isn't very much :eek: I think my body would shut down if I ate so little, or I would go for slider foods all the time .... Do you find it easier or harder to cope being so restricted by the band?

I do wonder if by having a band I've done the right thing. By hearing 3/4 forkfuls are enough to get by on. I say to myself of course were losing weight were eating naff all. If only I tried a few forkfuls before surgery. I hope this isn't long term I would quite like a life and enjoy food/eating.

But most I wonder how our body manages, surely there's not enough nutrients long term?

That's why you take vitamins and minerals.
I'm buzzing about mine.
Already naming things for next year.
This is the making of me.

The thing I hold onto, is unlike diets in the past where you lose some and then put it on or have a blowout - you can't do that!
Everything we lose this time will stay off!
No pizza next week cos we've been good!
We can have normal food, but drastically smaller portions! It's ideal!!
Embrace it!

If vitamins were enough we'd live on these alone!! I take vitamins already they are a boost to the system not to support it. If that was the case I could have saved £8500. Lol

I'm happy living on smaller portions otherwise i wouldn't have entered into this, but really 3/4 forks - is this normal? That's really what I'm asking. I was told a starter size portion is the size were aiming for. I can only presume that in the beginning it will be this small (forks) but when in maintenance the size of portion is similar to a starter size.

Help from a longtime bander would be helpful.

Sadly I have a friend who has a band who has put weight back on through binging the wrong foods again. As many say this is a tool not necessarily a magic cure....if only.

I think the novelty has worn off as suffering with a sensation in my breast bone area and back of throat and waves of nausea. And it actually aches in my upper chest, I swear the bands trying to escape.
I can't remember when it came on but have lived with it for weeks now but ifs not going away or subsiding. Has anyone else suffered with this?
I phoned my provider today they've just said come in tomorrow as planned for fill and chat. I feel like saying " take it out- I want my chest back".

I love to know if this is normal or something I just need to learn to live with?

Franky your the shoulder I need. Im glad your doing so well and are up beat. Long may it continue. Xxxxxxx

I think the novelty has worn off as suffering with a sensation in my breast bone area and back of throat and waves of nausea. And it actually aches in my upper chest, I swear the bands trying to escape.
I can't remember when it came on but have lived with it for weeks now but ifs not going away or subsiding. Has anyone else suffered with this?
I phoned my provider today they've just said come in tomorrow as planned for fill and chat. I feel like saying " take it out- I want my chest back".

I love to know if this is normal or something I just need to learn to live with?

Oh My this is sad and worrying too..we don't have the band to destroy out lives we do it to help us beat out hang ups with food

I have this pressure thing on my chest at moment but its very early days for me..so Im guessing mine is still gas etc even if I drink SF squash it hurts a little, :cry:

I do hope they sort you out:confused:

Me too, if I press down on my chest i can feel it in the back of my throat even more!! I wish it was gas. The funny thing is whilst i eat it goes away!!

Let's hope by this time tomorrow I'll be wiser.

And I was on such a roll. No scars, great recovery and now this. My mother says I've defo put her off having one.

Sorry to hear you've got a few issues chummy, I'm sure it can be sorted though, fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

It seems like there's quite a fine line with the restriction, and they try hard to get it right, so I hope this feeling of yours passes.

Hopefully a long-term bander can give advice.

No pizza next week cos we've been good!

That's the big thing isn't it? No need for treats because this is permanent.

I'm quite hyped because it's all new, and I'm not even back on proper food yet.

The test will be a year down the line when I've lost some weight and I'm getting bored with what I'm eating, like in the past.

This time the weight will stay off as now there's finally something to stop me piling it on again.

Back