• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Lol! Good to know I'm not on my own then. He he!

Thanks juicy Lucy. How are you feeling?

Feeling much better than yesterday thank you Melarnz.
I totally messed up my protein and calorie count, and 'starved' instead lol
Ive been much more careful today and feel like a human bean.

Last edited:
Peed on a ketostick to check whether I was in ketosis today and nada. So got on scales and ive lost 11lb since my consult last Sunday! Going to stick to just protein next few days cos clearly having fruit in my diet is prohibiting this. Was told ketosis us the goal to make liver floppy. Even with this loss im scared if im not in K it will affect op! I haven't deviated one bit so bit confused. Going to call dietician again today. One week to go and getting nervous. Hope everyone else is doing ok x

Was the stick a pale pink? Did you do it soon after eating our after a drink. If its straight after food, you usually come out of ketosis for up to 30 minutes. If you've lost that much in a week or 2, I'm sure you're in ketosis. If you drink a lot, that sometimes makes it stay very pale too. Don't fret, I'm sure you're fine. xx

Hi Terrilou hope you are good - getting near your date too x I always test first thing in morning so the overnight sample lol! ! Oh well I will get myself there next couple of days then back to diet sheet minus the fruit. Muddles with my head losing so much weight but have to remind myself I was always good at losing up to a point but it was the climbing back up self destruction that I can't do again. This time girl when you go down you will stay down I keep telling myself x

Lol! Yes you will. You'll have a new 'tool' to help you. Maybe you should do the sample at a different time of day. Is your stick purple as you're more likely to be dehydrated first thing in the morning. Ive been packing my bag this morning, getting nervous now. xx

I'm starting to get nervous too Nutty blond! Been today and got soups, protein shakes and antacids for after!! Think i am just about as organised as i can be. everything is ready to go into my bag on Monday!! Hope i've not forgotten anything!

Really struggling to drink the quantity of milk these last couple of days as i just don't seem to have any appetite! Not good for the concentration!! makes my revision/essay writing a lot harder!! On the plus side i have lost 18lb since starting the preop diet!!

Only a few more days then its onwards and upwards for a lighter future!!

Hope everyone else getting ready for surgery next week are good.

Amanda xx

Nutty Blond I'm getting nervous now for my op on Tuesday!! Been shopping today for soups, protein shakes, dried milk and antacids for after the op so hopefully I've not forgotten anything!! How are you finding your pre op diet? I'm sick looking at milk and even vegetables!! Really struggling to have my quota! I have completely lost my appetite!!
Hope everyone else with surgery coming up are doing well!! ?

Hi Mandijayne,

Stay positive and try to distract yourself, I promise your date will fly in before you know it :) xx

Thanks Banana

I have an essay to write and an exam to revise for so plenty to keep me busy but can't seem to concentrate!! Will be worth it though!! Xx

I was a day case Bluegirl.. In at 7am out at 8pm, hubby picked me up and popped me right back to bed. My own bed felt beautiful! lol
They made it clear that if there were any problems or they felt unhappy with my progress, I would have to stay, but I was up and walking about by 5pm.
I didnt get dressed though.. I just walked out of the hospital in my dressing gown lol

Hi Juicy , I am relying on friends to transport me from the hospital which is about 1.30hrs away. Just thought I would give myself and them some added peace of mind

Popping in late in the game. My date is tomorrow, May 12th. Trying to dip my toe in here and get acquainted with things!

Welcome to the group and good luck for tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

Good luck AnnieBannie, let us know how you get on. xx

Hi welcome and good luck for tomorrow

Back