• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park :winner:
6/05/14... Mrs Duck .... sleeve
6/05/14.... Change4life.... sleeve
6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve
6/05/14 ....Jamast....Bypass....Treliske, Cornwall
15/05/14 ....Terrilou .....Bypass ....Derby Royal
17/-5/14.. The Bear... Band.... Dolan Park
18/05/14.. Nikola.. Band.. Spire Manchester
18/05/14.. nuttyblond.. band ..Chelsfield Park Orpington Kent
21/05/14...Trish418 ....Bypass... Spire Solihull
24/05/14... Melarnz...Sleeve.. Kings College
27/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall
28/05/14.. Kerry2656... sleeve
30/05/14.. BluegirlUK.. Band
30/05/14 ..Rob.74.. Bypass

Well thats assuming they dont cancel again!! Good luck all xx

How are you doing with your recovery now Juicy?

Fingers crossed for you then Samp. :)
Im doing well thanks Terrilou. Keep having to remind myself to be kinder to my poor old beaten up body, as today I got up and dressed at 7am, then flaked out for 4 hours at lunchtime! Bit uncomfy (more wind trapped I think) and cold today but I blame that on my (hopefully) declining fat stores! :D
Any news from the WLS Four?

Yes been thinking of you all today hope it all went well and look forward to reading your news from the losers bench. ??

Can't wait to hear from those who had their ops today. :0)

6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve
27/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall

Well thats assuming they dont cancel again!! Good luck all xx

They have moved my date to the 25th now. Grrrr

Hi Lovelies!!

I'm officially on the losers bench!!! :) was a bit sick on the other side but it didn't hurt as much as I was expecting, prob due to the painkillers. Not sure if it will get any worse but I'm still very glad to have went ahead.

Spending tonight in ICU and then back to my private room tomorrow. I've met a very lovely lady who is in ICU with me after similar procedure and it's fantastic having someone to talk to. We are really grateful for each other's company!!

How has everyone else gotten on today? Thinking of you all!!! Xxxxx

Hi Lovelies!!

I'm officially on the losers bench!!! :) was a bit sick on the other side but it didn't hurt as much as I was expecting, prob due to the painkillers. Not sure if it will get any worse but I'm still very glad to have went ahead.

Spending tonight in ICU and then back to my private room tomorrow. I've met a very lovely lady who is in ICU with me after similar procedure and it's fantastic having someone to talk to. We are really grateful for each other's company!!

How has everyone else gotten on today? Thinking of you all!!! Xxxxx

Welcome back Banana, glad to hear you're doing well. Hope the others have too. I've got my Pre-op today, fingers crossed all is well there. My BP is never high, but I'm really quite nervous, so will hopefully be able to get there a bit early and just sit and relax for a bit.

Thanks Terrilou!!

Hopefully I'll continue to be as good throughout today :)

Yes, excellent idea to arrive earlier and make sure you are nice a calm, please try not to worry and let us know how the appointment goes! Xx

Good to hear from you Banana19. Hope the others are ok too. Hopefully they will check in as soon as they can. Be good and take it easy, keep us posted on how you are feeling.:) you did it and now can look forward to a new beginning.

Glad to hear from Banana and Mrs Duck back safe, though a little sore...do we know that Jamast and Change4life are ok too.....I hope all went well and I wish you all a fast and uncomplicated recovery.

Kate

:winner:
6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve:winner:
25/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall

Im so envious, just want to get a date....please I hate waiting aaarrrgggg!!!

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park :winner: 6/05/14... Mrs Duck .... sleeve:winner: 6/05/14.... Change4life.... sleeve 6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve:winner: 6/05/14 ....Jamast....Bypass....Treliske, Cornwall 15/05/14 ....Terrilou .....Bypass ....Derby Royal 17/-5/14.. The Bear... Band.... Dolan Park 18/05/14.. Nikola.. Band.. Spire Manchester 18/05/14.. nuttyblond.. band ..Chelsfield Park Orpington Kent 21/05/14...Trish418 ....Bypass... Spire Solihull 24/05/14... Melarnz...Sleeve.. Kings College 25/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall 28/05/14.. Kerry2656... sleeve 30/05/14.. BluegirlUK.. Band 30/05/14 ..Rob.74.. Bypass

Hiya all just to confirm that my op is on the 31st May and not the 30th.
Thanks for compiling this as it is fab :)
Good luck to all and happy new beginnings
Jane x

I am now four days into preop diet still starving. I have a gremlin in my gut that seems to take pleasure grumbling and growling when I'm in bed and torturing me by making sleep something I'd die for! ! Today my colleague was leaving for her new job and brought in the customary cakes sweets etc and put right behind my desk for all to share! !! Arghhh!! Apart from turning into Victor Meldrew best part is met up with my new manager and literally forgot what I was saying mid sentence TWICE as I now have goldfish syndrome! ! I hope ketosis kicks in tomorrow as I am ready to literally eat dirt. ......... but a third through it so on with the show even though it feels like a right carry on x

should get easier from now on nutty i had problems the first 4 days then it got easier good luck your doing fab at sticking with it

Hi all I have just found this site. Wish I had found it sooner!! I am having a band on 13 May at Dewsbury district hospital. Have been on pre op diet for over 2 weeks! Finding it difficult but trying to stay focused on end result. Doesn't help that I am a student midwife and trying to revise for an exam and finish an essay both of which are the week after surgery!! It's been great reading the posts on here. Lots of inspirational people!! X

Welcome Mandijayne ! What diet have you had to follow? I'm doing low fat low carb from WLSGroup. I have to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg. Any other ketosis diet I've done had no fruit. Im thinking this is why im starving as portions wouldn't feed a mouse and not being in ketosis! ! Have you seen how big 3.5oz of chicken is after its cooked!! I have stuck to it like glue as my surgeon is a stickler and did my sisters band. She woke up other side same as he found her liver too big and put her on milk diet for a month before operating again!! Luckily she has money but as im paying I can't afford for that to happen. Ha ha nothing like a real threat to stop me eating xx

6/05/14... Banana19... sleeve :winner:
13/05/13... Mandijayne...Band... Drewsberry
25/05/14.....Samp24..Bypass..Treliske, Cornwall
31/05/14.. BluegirlUK.. Band

There.. up to date I think? We havent heard from Change4life so lets hope she comes here soon to tell us she's feeling ok. Ive not heard or seen Jamast yet but we know she's ok as Yvessa has heard from her. Hope she's up and about posting soon too.

Hows Mrs Ducky and Banana19 today? :grouphugg: A wee bit sore and a good bit windy is my guess. I do hope you are both feeling good and resting well girls. Sleep is the key in the first few days xxx

Welcome Mandijayne, we are all the May team so feel free to come on this thread and freak out lol I think you will be just fine :) You're not late at all to the party, I only came in about a week before my op... and Im only 6 days post op! Wow- I feel like Ive been here forever lol.
I also think the pre op diet is the hardest bit.. NuttyBlond Im not sure I could have had your will power with those sweeties sitting behind you all day and Im very proud of you! Well done.
Once it's in you have so much more reason to be saintlike. (apart from anything you dont want to be ill lol). So if you can get through this you are doing bloody marvellously! xxxx

PS Wow just seen threat from surgeon.. no wonder you are being good.. thats a BIG reason, and spur to follow the diet religiously!

Last edited:
Back