• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Can I join this thread! I will be having my bypass on 21st May at Solihull spire parkway, typing the date on here has given me butterflies in my tummy and tingling up my back!!!!

Of course. How exciting, another May op. Were all going to have a fantastic slimmer Christmas this year! :0)

Another may 6th bypasser here - seems to be a popular date.

Best of luck Jamast, keep us informed how it goes. Where is everyone getting their surgeries done?

Treliske in Cornwall for me.

I'm at Derby Royal Hospital on NHS. 15th May, not long now. :0)

hiya all.happy easter.i was a march bypasser.not doing too bad but getting there.welcome to you all mayers take care and keep in touch.this site is great.soohoo

Hi, I have my Band date for 17th May at Dolan Park, Birmingham.
Nervous, excited and terrified is what I feel at the moment.
Anyone trying to keep it a secret like me? I have two children, 12 and 8. I want them to know, but not sure how to go about telling them and then asking them to keep a secret! Other than that, my hubby and best friend know. I know 2 people that have had bands before. One, a good friend has been hugely successful and the other person didn't really lose anything! So a mixed bag.

Hi The Bear,

I am keeping it pretty secret at the minute except for very close family, OH, 2 best friends and a very good boss in work. I'm not sure if I will ever openly announce it and I'm already trying to think of what I will say when people ask/comment about weight loss. On the one hand I don't like lying to people but then again who needs to know all your business eh?!

Good luck with your journey and keep in touch :) xx

Ps - I would be concerned with the younger ones keeping it a secret. Don't mean that offensively to your little two xx

I know what you mean Banana. I was thinking of being non specific with details with the children tbh. For example, Mummy had a problem with her tummy and have just had a little op to make me feel better. A side effect being that I'll only be able to eat a little at a time! It's a tough one!

I'm being banded at the spire in Manchester via Healthier Weight on 18th May xx

Hi nikola, I had my bypass there in January, it's a really nice place but you need to keep on top of the staff! Remember to ask for pain killers when you want them and don't wait for them!

Grrr, I called the hospital to chase my paperwork today and was told I've changed to a new Surgeon. A Sheriff Awad. Apparently the paperwork hasn't gone out yet. Strange that I have my pre-op paperwork, but not the actual op. Grrrrrrr!

Grrr, I called the hospital to chase my paperwork today and was told I've changed to a new Surgeon. A Sheriff Awad. Apparently the paperwork hasn't gone out yet. Strange that I have my pre-op paperwork, but not the actual op. Grrrrrrr!
Now that is really frustrating !

Back