• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

How exciting. I'm having a lot of the thoughts about not waking up etc. I nearly wrote a letter to my Hubby the other day, but stopped myself.

I'm going to see what the vits and injection are like, then decide whether to carry on like that or find a different way. Apparently the Forcival is quite hard to take. I think it's quite a big one.

How exciting. I'm having a lot of the thoughts about not waking up etc. I nearly wrote a letter to my Hubby the other day, but stopped myself.

Oh my god so did I.
It started If I die, I want you to know I reeeeally love you. If I survive, please put the little tv in the bedroom coz theres tons of stuff on the hard drive on that one that I reeeeeally wanna watch

lol

I've thought about a letter too! So glad it's not just me! Things like "make sure you look smart at my funeral and have a shave!" & "dont have some floozy in my house when I'm gone, I'll be watching!" hahaha - mental!! X

Come on ladies positive mental attitude it's not the END it's the beginning..... Now stop thinking like that and think about roller coaster rides think long walks with out sweating enough to make a pan of chips ...... Think long hours in primark trying on those size 10s ....... Time enough for dying let's get living first ay :)

Thanks for that Rob, just what I needed to here actually. Yes to rollercoasters, walks and size 10s. Plus fitting in a plane seat so I can go on my hols! I keep loosing that memento and forgetting the positives.

Thanks for reminding me x

*hear - terrible spelling mistake!

Come on ladies positive mental attitude it's not the END it's the beginning..... Now stop thinking like that and think about roller coaster rides think long walks with out sweating enough to make a pan of chips ...... Think long hours in primark trying on those size 10s ....... Time enough for dying let's get living first ay :)

I was joking honest! lol It was more about the tv.. Id did think about doing it, but mainly to make him laugh. Its really weird as my other half is away on business, and I will have had it done beofre I next see him.. and that is weird!
Size ten? I cant even dare to dream. Im quite happy if I get to a 12. I have the most fab wardrobe all waiting for me- I cant WAIT to try it all on again! Its the best bit!

Well said Rob, thanks for that. :0) I'm looking forward to getting back in the water and diving again as well as going for bike rides with the Hubby. Last time we went to Alton Towers, I was restricted by what rides I could manage to go on, but it was more how much my feet and legs hurt from all the walking, so I'm looking forward to being able to manage that.

I've put a small TV up in my spare room where we have a futon, so I'll be living in there for a bit after the op. There is a link to the freesat box downstairs and I've got lots of recorded stuff on it too. I'll be moving a kettle in there too. I live in a 3 storey house, so I don't know how easy it'll be to go up and down the stairs, so being prepared. When hubby had his tummy tuck, he stayed up stairs for 3 weeks. Hopefully I'll be about 3 days. Lol!

Told work yesterday just waiting for my leave to be authorised. Going private so easier to book this way rather than with a sick note!! Just ordered some protein shakes for preop diet will have 2 or 3 a day with a protein and veg/salad in evening. Its near now and I am feeling nervous !!

I've booked the op day off as a hospital appointment and then the rest will be self certified and sick not. I was going to book as holiday, but when I mentioned it was for an op, they wouldn't let me. They're being really good about it. Makes it more real now I've booked time off. It's 2 weeks on Thursday for me. :0)

My last meal out this weekend feels like last supper lol! Anyone else having last requests. Trying to decide whether to eat loads so I don't enjoy it and therefore won't miss it ha ha. Can't wait for the day this love hate of food stops ....

I was planning a last supper on 21st April as it was our wedding anniversary and Hubby was on call every night after that until I started the pre-op diet on 24th, but I got food poisoning 2 days before, so didn't actually eat anything for a couple of days, then thought it would make sense just to start the diet when I started eating again. Best laid plans eh?

i had 1 and that was bread pudding and it took me a week to find a slice lol

Yeah I went camping Easter weekend, as a little holiday break before the pre-op diet started. Had a good knees up and ate what I wanted (within reason!) and just enjoyed myself. Lots of BBQs etc and then when we came home, we had a takeout curry from my favourite Indian restaurant, and that was it! Felt nice to draw a line under it all. So yes, I did have a last supper - I had a last supper weekend LOL. Do it whilst you still can, but don't go overboard x

2/05/14 ....Juicy Lucy ..... Band .... Dolan Park
15/05/14 ....Terrilou .....Bypass ....Derby Royal :D

Ahhhh, I think I'm getting the cold and my surgery is on Tuesday :( my OH has it at the minute and I didn't sleep very well as my throat was on fire during the night :( help!xx

Good luck for today Juicy. xx

Juicylucy, good luck for today. Wishing you a quick recovery. Can't wait to hear how it went.

Banana, I hope you get over your child quickly. I'm sure it will have gone before op day. Fingers crossed. xx

Back