• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

so annoying hope you get sorted soon

Im in for a band on the 2nd may!! Woop woop!! :D xx
Good luck to all the other Spring chicks! :D

Woohoo, not long now juicy Lucy, how's the pre-op going? Mines going well so far. Got 2.5 weeks left of it now. :0)

Hi Terrilou
Did you get yours sorted? Have you got a date yet?
Ive gone private, and a last minute job at that, so I havent actually got a pre op anything lol
Im having my consultation on sunday. I guess thats when I will have all my instruction. Until then I am resisting the urge not to pig out lol

Hi, I've been given the date of the op as 15th May, just haven't got the paperwork yet with the details of what time to be there on the day etc. I'm sure I'll get it at some point soon.

Wow, that's really quick for you then, how exciting. Let us know how it all goes. I can't wait to follow your journey.

T. x

Well for me it was a long time thinking about it, but once Id made up my mind, it was either now when I have a holiday, or wait until after the summer until I can next get a break.
Im so miserable about my weight that the thought of waiting just had me in bits.. so I asked if they could squeeze me in and they could. Luckily I am relatively low BMI and have am quite fit.. no medication etc, so because of this they agreed to pencil me in a date subject to them seeing me on sunday. Im so excited/nervous/worried/happy ...Im not exactly sure what I am! Hahaha

It's funny isn't it, all the different emotions. I'm feeling them all too. xx

you will go through them all its a normal reaction

I am seeing consultant on Sunday then surgery is fortnight after as also low bmi non smoker etc. Have wanted a band for years but nervous now I finally decided to go ahead. Really worried I will be hungry after and therefore fixated on food.

Welcome and good luck. If any of us feel like we're hungry after the op, maybe we should come on here and write how we're feeling. Sometimes I write in a book of feelings. Once I've written down what I'm feeling it goes away.

It's all starting to feel a bit real now eeek!! Did some shopping this morning for all my mini toiletries and a new suitcase to boot!!

So very excited but also getting a small bit nervous. More so about the flight I think :p

Thanks all yep agree only birds of a feather will understand and if we keep chatting/posting can help each other hopefully with fun banter. Well I told my manager today as have to sort time off but as leave as going private she was great just need HR to authorise. Can only book a week as will be back for 1wk then start new job 2nd June so major life changes all round for me. Luckily I'm only in overnight and hospital 5mins down road! !

Well told work today just waiting for it to be agreed as annual leave as going private. Only got a week as then back for a week before new job! !! Luckily only in for one night and hospital 5mins down the road! !

Woohoo! Its almost May. How exciting, within another 4 weeks or so, we'll all be planted onto the losers bench. Exciting. I got my case down from the attic today too. ;0)

Keep trying to post on here from my s3 Mobile sends but doesn't add. Anyone else had that problem? Would be good to be able to stay in touch mobile than on pc.

Lol! As good an excuse as any. You know they'll be too big very soon, don't you? :0)

I too have been and bought toiletries today, must be something we all go through before surgery!

Starting to think about what I need to take too, and what hubby needs to take as he's staying in a local hotel overnight as we live quite a way from the hospital. Also thinking about doing a tesco online shop so we have my dietary requirements in stock! I don't want to come home and have nothing in the cupboards I can have!

Still keep having thoughts that something bad is going to happen, but I've just got to push this to the back of my head and get on with it.

Also off to holland & Barrett this weekend to source some decent vits. Not keen on having the b12 injection so I'm going to do a daily vit instead.

It seems to have come round so quick, I've got loads to do now and so little time! I pay for the op tomorrow so they really will be no going back! Eeeek xx

Keep trying to post on here from my s3 Mobile sends but doesn't add. Anyone else had that problem? Would be good to be able to stay in touch mobile than on pc.

Ive not tried my mobile NB.. just my laptop. Maybe I should do that too, so I can post from Dolan Park!

Back