• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2014 Surgeries

Hi all, I'm home & SLEEVED!!!! at last :D no complications in surgery, had a 6hr wait in recovery while they "cleared" my bed on ward then *gasp* no internet connection (until I rebooted my phone lol) No pain at all & couldnt wait to get out of bed yesterday morning, only problem was holding any liquid in, so much as a sip of water was coming back, much better today held all in since morning & cosy in my own bed now :) Thank you to all asking & wondering about me & a big good luck to those of you heading to the losers hall xx
Congratulations!!!!

Congrats Hun how long did u stay in for x

Had my op thursday morning & chose to stay the extra night as wasnt holding anything down on Friday, felt much better on saturday & was discharged early afternoon as soon as my meds were ready.

My saviour was a cup of tea, weird really coz I only ever drank tea when I was pregnant before haha

I keep thinkin go for the sleeve but dr says bypass the bypass does really scare me but I was told sleeve u av to stay in longer n cud av more complications I got 2 friends that r sleeved n they r both doin brill so think it's my fave option at no x

I don't think there's much in it really, apparently they don't actually know until they get inside whether they can actually do the bypass or not. Someone has said before that people with IBS would have to have the sleeve. Don't know how accurate that is though. I was asked if I was OK with them doing the sleeve if they couldn't do the bypass. The only one I didn't want was the band as I didn't want something out inside me. Just personal preference.

It may just be how different Surgeons like to work. I can't remember who it was that told me. :-S

Poppsicle just go with what your comfy with my options was bypass and if they couldn't bypass was sleeve

You need to go with what you are comfy with but also what your head will work better with as either is going to be a lot of work and needs your head to help with that I had chance to go for surgery route 12 months b4 I did but I knew at that time my head wasnt there so I waited that year b4 referral so I could get to where I needed my head to be

Poppsicles, please don't worry. I was meant to have the bypass but they changed it to the sleeve because during the op they discovered that I had a bowel malformation and lots of adhesions. I was in 2 nights because I had a wound drain in - bypassers tend to only be in one night. Miss Rotundo and Mr Cheruvu are excellent surgeons though, you will be fine xx

Back